Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Originally Posted by THEJISBACK

Originally Posted by casper90403

Originally Posted by Rocket

The reason I don't like the Miami Nights is because of one thing: take away the pink laces, the purple(*!#) swoosh, and the purple airbag and it's an all black shoe. I guess that's three things, but I'm just saying that the overall colorway is pretty bland.

Um, you just listed three pretty damn important aspects of this shoe.

"All black shoe"?   There is the cool grey in the shoe that stands out big time from the black and sets them off very nice.  It is #4 on the best colorways list.
It's #4 on YOUR best colorways list. That "cool grey" looks more like gun metal. As we know, Nike tends to use 5 different colors and call them the same thing (example: infrared). In my opinion, like I said before, the "Miami Nights" IXs looks more like a night in an empty bar with flickering neon lights. Where's the color? Where's the excitement I associate with a night in Miami? There's one vibrant color on that shoe, the bright pink laces. Take those away and it's a black/gun metal shoe with dark purple accents. Boring
eyes.gif
. This is all opinion and I'm just explaining mine. I'm not saying you're wrong, just saying where I'm coming from and why the "Miami Nights" colorway doesn't get a Top 4 nod from me. 

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Originally Posted by Gex The Damaja

The big bangs don't have the south beach type hype. They probably have a colorway that will amaze everyone, can't see it being the big bangs.

The big bangs will not reach south beach level.
i dont think so either

The reason I don't like the Miami Nights is because of one thing: take away the pink laces, the purple(*!#) swoosh, and the purple airbag and it's an all black shoe. I guess that's three things, but I'm just saying that the overall colorway is pretty bland.

Word. I guess I just think the Miami Nights colorway isn't what it's made out to be. When I imagine a "Miami night" I imagine lots of lights, lots of different colors. The Miami Night IXs scream empty bar with a couple of neon lights flickering, not Ocean Drive in Miami.

It might be me, so I could be stretching here but.....
How could a shoe nicknamed "Miami Nights" not be a black based shoe?
I'm willing to bet money that even in Miami.....aftet sun down it does get dark.
Miami NIGHTS = black based....Get it?

South beach 8s represent fun, sun & flamingos. Miami Nights represent bright colors & after hour fun via NIGHT TIME.

Matter fact....that's why I could never understand when dudes misnamed those bright colored 8 lows Miami Nights.
What was so after hours about that bright #%@ shoe?

More like Miami on E-pills to me...
happy.gif

Glad JP cleared the mistaken nick name thing up thou....

good look on that Freegums video Sir, I was wonderin like crazy what was up with all the aligators in the design.

>>> It might be me, so I could be stretching here but.....
How could a shoe nicknamed "Miami Nights" not be a black based shoe?
I'm willing to bet money that even in Miami.....aftet sun down it does get dark.
Miami NIGHTS = black based....Get it?

South beach 8s represent fun, sun & flamingos. Miami Nights represent bright colors & after hour fun via NIGHT TIME. <<<

oh it aint only you good sir. sounds pretty spot on to me. now if tha flamingo's had a black base ........

IMO the Miami Nights 8 better exemplified a night in Miami. I never said the Miami Nights IX is bland because of the black base. I don't mind that. Maybe some color in the mid sole? Maybe some color in that woven side panel? Maybe some color in the lining? Idk it's just missing something for me.

Uh, you could do that with any shoe and get the same result

"All black shoe"?   There is the cool grey in the shoe that stands out big time from the black and sets them off very nice.  It is #4 on the best colorways list.
It's #4 on YOUR best colorways list. That "cool grey" looks more like gun metal. As we know, Nike tends to use 5 different colors and call them the same thing (example: infrared). In my opinion, like I said before, the "Miami Nights" IXs looks more like a night in an empty bar with flickering neon lights. Where's the color? Where's the excitement I associate with a night in Miami? There's one vibrant color on that shoe, the bright pink laces. Take those away and it's a black/gun metal shoe with dark purple accents. Boring
eyes.gif
. This is all opinion and I'm just explaining mine. I'm not saying you're wrong, just saying where I'm coming from and why the "Miami Nights" colorway doesn't get a Top 4 nod from me. 

Um, you ever been to Miami? Ever went out at night in Miami? I've lived there for over 12 years, and you sir have no clue #!% you're talking about. The shoe is Miami. Miami isn't just bright neon lights. To me, the shoe is swank and sleek, just like the nightlife. Sophisticated with a Miami flair. Black blends with gunmetal, purple blends to to pink. And the pink check is 3M. All nice touches for the shoe. The low VIII's they dubbed as Miami Nights were
sick.gif
. I can't think of one spot in Miami that looks like that. Loud and annoying isn't Miami. Andre 3000 put it best - Sophistifunk. That's how I see Miami, and that's how this colorway is.

There's a ton of gear to match with this. Any charcoal grey polos with the purple horse logo, black with purple, hell I even have a Decepticons shirt that is charcoal grey with the old silver/purple logo. It all works...

WITNESSkb24 wrote:

I could see it going both ways

Spoonman, really dude I'm "full of crap"?  Are you mad at the world or something why such hostility.
laugh.gif
  One I am not a reseller. Two, there is no need for you to come at me like that.  I can careless if people do or don't pay that much, I am not going to resell, I simply was stating the facts.  As well people jumping down dudes throat for asking a simple question is ridiculous.  Most of y'all that get in your feelings on these threads and try to cyber bully others, don't know a too much yourselves as it is.  Rocket thanks for the sensible reply.  Bottom line we can give our thoughts without always trying to knock the next person.  Damn arrogant hypebeast.  
30t6p3b.gif
Irony?
Anyway, I don't see them going that high either.  Even when we still had no confirmation they were releasing in the US the prices were still low-mid 300's.  Only time will tell though

Witnesskb24, where did I knock someone.  Knocking someone and calling things for what they are, are two different things homie.  As well read all of the convo.  As one can see we squashed that convo.  Now back to the shoes.  Thanks.  On another note thanks for revising this thread.

eyes.gif

I get what you are saying Rocket, I wasn't knocking your opinion if you took it that way.  As for the "cool grey" comment, I myself consider them to be a darker grey, just calling them by the name on the box tag.  On the flywire (I mentioned this way back), the strands are the dark cherry (pinkish) color, which I said Nike should have made stand out even more versuse having it too subtle, which would have helped the shoe pop way better.

Back
Top Bottom