Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Originally Posted by earvcunanan

Salamander Bron lol.

Anyway, what do you guys think about the 9s on the court? Can someone give a mini review on traction and heel lockdown? I'm going to be hooping this Sunday with the 9s but wanted to see what you guys thought of them so far.
here's a performance review

Originally Posted by BronLe

Big Bangs a Quickstrike?

LEBRON-TONGUE.gif

Salamander Bron lol.

Anyway, what do you guys think about the 9s on the court? Can someone give a mini review on traction and heel lockdown? I'm going to be hooping this Sunday with the 9s but wanted to see what you guys thought of them so far.

I've hooped in my 9's about 10 times. I've used them strictly indoor for my league games and pick up ball.
Lockdown- I'm satisfied with the lockdown of the shoe. To me it's better than the 8's, my foot never slides. Just enough personalization to get the right fit to your foot.
Traction-Didn't have a problem with the traction. Personally, I think the 8's had better traction, might have something to do with the chain pattern on the 9's. Overall, traction is good but could be better.
Cushion- Personally, I prefer the setup of the 9's over the 8's. Max + Zoom> Full length max for basketball purposes. I think a fair amount of us are out there making cuts, trying to beat our defenders off the dribble, or running down the wing on a fast break, and I like the feeling I get from heel to toe transition on the 9s. The zoom in the forefoot gives enough cushion as well as enabling the wearer to feel low to the ground to make quicker moves. With the 7's and 8's I felt too high off the floor to get a sense of responsiveness from the shoe, the 9's offer a great combination of cushion+responsiveness.
Overall this is one of my favorite shoes to hoop in aside from the kobe v's and v1 8's. Just wish my pro combat lining wasn't ripping on the medial side of my right shoe...
eyes.gif

MrSwagtastic, thanks for the fantastic mini review. Your cushion paragraph is awesome - just what I needed to know. I'm the type of player to try and beat my opponents off the dribble and making cuts (lots of them), so can't wait to try the 9s with my play style. And yeah, I play indoor a lot too - no choice since Seattle's either raining or chilly outside.

When is the release date for the Big Bangs going to drop? Trying to figure out if I should pull the trigger on some stuff now or hold off.

Originally Posted by Metrobus6

Hi guys, this is my first post here on NT, but a LONG time lurker on many forums, particularly, Lebron forums. I have a quick question. How can I clean the flywire mesh of my "Scarface" 9's, I bought them on release date down here in Mexico City (loving this renewed interest from Nike on our country, sending nice pairs and early releases of Jordans) and already played in them for about 5 or 6 times. The problem is that the mesh has turned a bit yellowish-greenish? Don't have an exact color or term for this, but it does not look crispy white as it is supposed to. I'll upload photos as soon as I learn how to. Any tips of advices? I'm thinking about spray painting the flywire area in black with model-plane paint or with regular spray paint. What you guys think should I do?? Thanks and sorry mods if this is the wrong forum to post this, please let me know
try the footlocker gel .... i did it on my dmp and it helps a lot... or visit the restoration thread....

Originally Posted by ct3boii

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by G o D Jewels

Big Bangs are QS allegedly. No surprise there.

Just be ready for the BS.

Figured they would be since the All Star shoes usually are

I don't mind QS's as long as they release online and on NDC.        Eastbay waiting lines....
eyes.gif
This. If I can cop online then I'm fine. If not, $30 round trip bus ticket to Boston HOH it is 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by JRodski

Originally Posted by OneManDeep

The guy who posted the Gaaxy 9s video is EXTREMELY annoying, had to put him on mute. But i was glad to see the shoes on camera, they look perfect. Funny thing is that i like the shape of the INNER SIDE of the 9s more. has more curve and depth to it

I do that with ALL reviews and then just chop through the vid til they get to the shoes...

feel like this about the instep/medial side too. the toe cap curves are dope

also...

dope scarface pics up there.

joints are HEAVILY slept on as well the breds...

soon as they on sale, im on em...

yea, people do wayyy to much talkin nonsense when they post vids. He did a whole 3 minutes of BS before i even got a clear look at the shoes. Id hate to know his annoying @ss personally. 

Originally Posted by MrSwagtastic

Salamander Bron lol.

I've hooped in my 9's about 10 times. I've used them strictly indoor for my league games and pick up ball.
Lockdown- I'm satisfied with the lockdown of the shoe. To me it's better than the 8's, my foot never slides. Just enough personalization to get the right fit to your foot.
Traction-Didn't have a problem with the traction. Personally, I think the 8's had better traction, might have something to do with the chain pattern on the 9's. Overall, traction is good but could be better.
Cushion- Personally, I prefer the setup of the 9's over the 8's. Max + Zoom> Full length max for basketball purposes. I think a fair amount of us are out there making cuts, trying to beat our defenders off the dribble, or running down the wing on a fast break, and I like the feeling I get from heel to toe transition on the 9s. The zoom in the forefoot gives enough cushion as well as enabling the wearer to feel low to the ground to make quicker moves. With the 7's and 8's I felt too high off the floor to get a sense of responsiveness from the shoe, the 9's offer a great combination of cushion+responsiveness.
Overall this is one of my favorite shoes to hoop in aside from the kobe v's and v1 8's. Just wish my pro combat lining wasn't ripping on the medial side of my right shoe...
eyes.gif
since you have worn them enough to break them in, how well do they break? Did the toebox open up a little, any problem areas that started to wear prematurely? 

Yuku FTL! But I need the Big Bangs. Guess I'll venture out to HOH and give NDC a shot via iPhone when they hit the site. Copping two pairs, in hopes that I can use the other for trade bait later on.

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

2qw1tv6.jpg

The tongue is my only problem. They should've sown it to the shoe to stop it from moving so much, make it sturdier. 

If you go through the holes on the tongue and use atleast one of the holes on the upper part they are pretty sturdy that way

I too wished they would have had the straps sewn onto the tongue to keep it down, hate how it always catches onto flywire lace holes in the middle.

I mainly use my 9's to workout in. Very exceptional shoe. That's why I dig LeBron. Tough enough to withstand the ponding in the weight room, great on the court, and perfect when wearing hittin' the town.

The one thing I do hate about wearing them casually and loose is when the tongue catches on the fly wire lace hoops seems like the tongue might fray after long use

freegums finally came in !!! for $120 you cant go wrong !!

ask me about my special white box freegums and poster !!! 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by megatron

Kentuckys on sale anywhere yet?

I still need those and Chinas!

I seen a dude selling a 10.5 in buy/sell for like 125, DS

another guy got for 175

wish i had seen that pair for $125. i just need a cheap pair for ball

Back