Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Originally Posted by manslayer

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

People are complaining about the price but if you make these 250 dollar shoes limited and in hot colorways , people will go crazy over them. Just watch.

Yea, but what will that do to the current resellers?  I'm thinking Nike is using these towards getting back at the resellers.  Bravo Nike.

If Nike wanted to get back at resellers, they wouldnt produce limited amounts on the most wanted sneakers.  They over produce the crappy ones but limit the good stuff. 

Originally Posted by UrN0tLike

Originally Posted by manslayer

People are complaining about the price but if you make these 250 dollar shoes limited and in hot colorways , people will go crazy over them. Just watch.

Yea, but what will that do to the current resellers?  I'm thinking Nike is using these towards getting back at the resellers.  Bravo Nike.

If Nike wanted to get back at resellers, they wouldnt produce limited amounts on the most wanted sneakers.  They over produce the crappy ones but limit the good stuff. 
So what WE the consumer needs to do is BOYCOTT that s h i t and not purchase no matter how tempting the color-ways are 
WE MUST FIGHT TEMPTATION BROTHERS AND SISTERS FIGHT!!!

Bruce_Lee_kick.gif

WHEN IT RISES UP IN FRONT OF YOU KICK IT IN THE FACE!!!

Guys are dropping $400 to $1000 for the limited 'Brons that did release. How long did you guys think it would be before Nike wanted a piece of the pie?

$250 is on par with the Foamposites though - be thankful Nike themselves aren't charging you $400 to $1000.

i would def prefer dropping 250 on a soccer cleat than these.... or on any Bball shoe for that matter.

unless its a Kobe/retro/jordan shoe
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i think that $250 is typo mistake.....no way that a lebron shoe will surpass $200.......

i believe it should be $150.......

Originally Posted by vood99

Guys are dropping $400 to $1000 for the limited 'Brons that did release. How long did you guys think it would be before Nike wanted a piece of the pie?

$250 is on par with the Foamposites though - be thankful Nike themselves aren't charging you $400 to $1000.

I should be thankful theyre not charging? My friend, I believe you have it backwards. We are NOT obligated to buy anything.
If we all obstained from buying these kicks nike would be stuck with product. And we would have more $. We the consumer keep nike alive. They need us, not vice versa.
Nike better not start charging $250. Cuz if that's retail, im not coppin.

Originally Posted by MaximumFoams

That better be the case because if they're GR Nike can keep these.

Why though?  If you will buy a shoe because you like it why not buy it either way?  If its a hot shoe at $160  its hot at $175 $200 and $250 right?
its just if you are willing to pay the price.

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Originally Posted by MaximumFoams

That better be the case because if they're GR Nike can keep these.

Why though?  If you will buy a shoe because you like it why not buy it either way?  If its a hot shoe at $160  its hot at $175 $200 and $250 right?
its just if you are willing to pay the price.

laugh.gif
@ the same people who justify buying and selling SBs complaining about the price....I'm kinda glad its happening. Just as in every other aspect of life, the mistakes of a few determine the verdict for the majority. You guys always say "Nike is watching...Nike is listening to us." Yea, Nike was watching you guys pay 2, 3, and 400% over retail for shoes that they sell for 130-150 and said "We're letting some real bread slip through our hands."

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Originally Posted by sneakergameinsane

Straight from the shoe games twitter
Nike LeBron 9 P.S. Elite dropping Summer 2012. Retail is $250. 4 colorways confirmed so far.
The four colors: Black/Metallic Gold, Varsity Maize/Black/White, White/Metallic Gold, and Wolf Grey/New Green/Mint Candy.

for 250 I better be able to jump through the damn roof with them on!!!
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

$250?!? You gotta be %**#%@ kidding me with that %+*+!!!

I ain't touching not one of those shoes if only-
They look GOOD

and LeBron wins the chip

IF those two things aren't met 

My money staying in my pocket.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Air Freshh 23

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Originally Posted by sneakergameinsane

Straight from the shoe games twitter
Nike LeBron 9 P.S. Elite dropping Summer 2012. Retail is $250. 4 colorways confirmed so far.
The four colors: Black/Metallic Gold, Varsity Maize/Black/White, White/Metallic Gold, and Wolf Grey/New Green/Mint Candy.

for 250 I better be able to jump through the damn roof with them on!!!
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

$250?!? You gotta be %**#%@ kidding me with that %+*+!!!

I ain't touching not one of those shoes if only-
They look GOOD

and LeBron wins the chip

IF those two things aren't met 

My money staying in my pocket.
laugh.gif

THIS!!!

Nike knows what's going to sell at what price point and to what demographic. That being said, I don't get the mindset behind the 250 dollar price tag. At that price point the only people I can see buying is people on shoe forums or trend riders. Example Nike Air Force 180 Pump won't retro because it would be in the 400 dollar rage and they know the only sales they would get would be old heads that been with them from the start. Maybe their target demographic is us? But then that would limit their profit. I honestly don't get it.

I'm just excited to at least see how the Elite series shoes will look like.
The fact that basketball shoes are even getting this expensive says a lot about the gap between the popularity of basketball and soccer/futbol in the world getting a little smaller.

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Originally Posted by Furious Stylez

If he wins the chip, people will buy them.(period) Guaranteed

fixed

Yep.  Talk that !%%% now...
laugh.gif

I meant a majority of people will buy them, you know jump on the bandwagon. My simple +!# will probably cop, even though I passed on the 8 v3 (just didn't like them)

Back
Top Bottom