Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Originally Posted by G o D Jewels

And it begins.

I'll wait for the SB.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Leave the SB color way for the 8s only. that is a classic shoe. No need in turning that color way into a every accuring c/w.
Let the 9s bring its own hot c/w
More importantly let the Lebron 9s COOK!!!!!!!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jordanscrub

What all of the people dislike this shoe really need to get through their skulls is that this is a performance basketball shoe, not a cheap material/old technology Jordan. Now I love Jordans and I always have, but when it comes down to it these will have better quality than Jordans, and these will most likely perform amazing on the court

Qft
The quality of lebrons far exceed these jordan retros. And if youre patient and prudent, you can get them cheaper as well.

this is all true. but, during the original days of Jordan, when they were a "performance basketball shoe" made with quality materials and the latest technology for the time they also looked good as well. i dont buy the argument that a shoe isnt supposed to look good because it is a basketball beast and vice versa. the 8 performed well and looked great. this is just not a well translated to street/casual wear shoe. period. and not saying that it should be...it just isnt.

Originally Posted by Gottips3

Originally Posted by G o D Jewels

And it begins.

I'll wait for the SB.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Leave the SB color way for the 8s only. that is a classic shoe. No need in turning that color way into a every accuring c/w.
Let the 9s bring its own hot c/w
More importantly let the Lebron 9s COOK!!!!!!!
pimp.gif

The 8 SB can stand on its own.   You're gonna cop anyway.

Those China's are weak, probably because I'm not a Knicks fan or cant see the clamoring for a blue/orange colorway. The clear sole is the only thing worth a damn on the kick. 
Originally Posted by donjuan513

CONFIRMED- South Beach IXs.
Been confirmed bro.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by vood99

People spend $150 on retro Jordans with no technology and fake leather 3 times a month. $150, $160, and $250 seems on point to me for what you're getting.

QFT. You buy LBJs and you're buying OG kicks with far better craftmanship and materials than some garbage JB retros.
What if I don't like how the Brons look and I'm only buying Jordans to wear casually. Y'all dudes acting like better craftsmanship makes up for the fact these shoes are ugly. Not everyone buys basketball shoes to ball in them. 
Then buy Jordans! Damn, I've never seen a thread where people go so far out their way to rationalize their dislike for a sneaker. Along your same point, not everyone buys basketball sneakers to floss, as a fan of the Nike brand can you not at least appreciate the fact that they're pushing to make innovations in the performance of their sneakers? This is technology that could in the future be implemented in a sneaker you do find appealing. There's so many options right now, why does it bother that this ONE sneaker doesn't appeal to you?

What all of the people dislike this shoe really need to get through their skulls is that this is a performance basketball shoe, not a cheap material/old technology Jordan. Now I love Jordans and I always have, but when it comes down to it these will have better quality than Jordans, and these will most likely perform amazing on the court
I don't dislike the shoe because of the quality of material(s) compare to Jordans, hell Jordans NEVER crossed my mine when looking or thinking about the Lebron 9. The reason I don't like the design of the shoe is because the way it looks. I think the swoosh it too long, cuts to far in the front of the shoe. The carbon tri plates are ugly, not feeling 180 air unit, dislike the sig on the tongue etc. IMO the Lebron 9 could have material from Pluto, laces from Mars, flywire from Mt. Olympus and I'm still not feeling the design. Now in some cases colorway detract from that, it could make or break the shoe. So far the official colors haven't moved me, but that's my personal opinion. 
I understand this is a basketball shoe, it's performance based, but ins't every basketball shoe? What's the difference between these, because it has Lebron name on it? Design/Looks is in the eye of the beholder, so what may look good to Adam, doesn't look good to John.

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Thats a weird shade of blue. I want that rich royal blue.
These look like a aqua blue

This. That shade of blue IS NOT  good compliment to the orange. if it had been royal blue, it would have been a definite cop. These..not so much.

I do like the comic book style flame accents on the tounge and laceholes.

laugh.gif
keithsweatsjordans wrote:

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by vood99

QFT. You buy LBJs and you're buying OG kicks with far better craftmanship and materials than some garbage JB retros.
What if I don't like how the Brons look and I'm only buying Jordans to wear casually. Y'all dudes acting like better craftsmanship makes up for the fact these shoes are ugly. Not everyone buys basketball shoes to ball in them. 
Then buy Jordans! Damn, I've never seen a thread where people go so far out their way to rationalize their dislike for a sneaker. Along your same point, not everyone buys basketball sneakers to floss, as a fan of the Nike brand can you not at least appreciate the fact that they're pushing to make innovations in the performance of their sneakers? This is technology that could in the future be implemented in a sneaker you do find appealing. There's so many options right now, why does it bother that this ONE sneaker doesn't appeal to you?

LET THIS BOY KEITH COOK!!!!!!!

651297_o.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i havent been on nt for a while due to a family emergency and i come back to the LBJ9 PS being $250 retail......... last time i remembered the LBJ 7 PS AND 8 PS did not sell all that well at the pricepoint of $150........ out of the 4 color codes i see on that release sheet the ONLY one that seems intresting is color code 700...... its gonna b a all yellow shoe..... the other 2 r home and away colorways for the playoffs (black n gold/ white n gold..... as far as the other color code it just a filler smh

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I don't dislike the shoe because of the quality of material(s) compare to Jordans, hell Jordans NEVER crossed my mine when looking or thinking about the Lebron 9. The reason I don't like the design of the shoe is because the way it looks. I think the swoosh it too long, cuts to far in the front of the shoe. The carbon tri plates are ugly, not feeling 180 air unit, dislike the sig on the tongue etc. IMO the Lebron 9 could have material from Pluto, laces from Mars, flywire from Mt. Olympus and I'm still not feeling the design. Now in some cases colorway detract from that, it could make or break the shoe. So far the official colors haven't moved me, but that's my personal opinion. 
I understand this is a basketball shoe, it's performance based, but ins't every basketball shoe? What's the difference between these, because it has Lebron name on it? Design/Looks is in the eye of the beholder, so what may look good to Adam, doesn't look good to John.
unfortunately not every basketball shoe is performance based.

Part of me wants to like that China IX, and part of me knows the shoe is still kinda hard to swallow, Nomo.

Nevertheless, I'll probably still cop and rock em like I rock Half Cents. I've gotten over that clover stuff, it's just the visible flywire on the toe box, and cheap look inner side of the shoe that keeps me from liking it. Shoe is still awkward but the colorblocking on the China is so dope.

TL;DR: Mixed Feelings on the IX

Originally Posted by BronLe

Part of me wants to like that China IX, and part of me knows the shoe is still kinda hard to swallow, Nomo.

Nevertheless, I'll probably still cop and rock em like I rock Half Cents. I've gotten over that clover stuff, it's just the visible flywire on the toe box, and cheap look inner side of the shoe that keeps me from liking it. Shoe is still awkward but the colorblocking on the China is so dope.

TL;DR: Mixed Feelings on the IX
Now that you brought it up..They do remind me of the Half Cent. Dope shoe imo, but I do agree, I don't like certain aspects of the medial side.

Those China's are weak, probably because I'm not a Knicks fan or cant see the clamoring for a blue/orange colorway. The clear sole is the only thing worth a damn on the kick. 

Been confirmed bro.

Well let meet confirm them as a darn good looking shoe. They're are sure to bring some people the naysayers over to the dark side.

Originally Posted by iWhipMyHeadovv

wasnt a fan of the 8 SBs...but if the 9s any ounce of the same demand as the 8 SBs im buying strictly to resell....  
tumblr_lgx8vez2371qf1sv0o1_500.gif

laugh.gif

Can't knock the hustle man.

Been confirmed bro.

Well let meet confirm them as a darn good looking shoe. They're are sure to bring some people the naysayers over to the dark side.

you've seen em?

I heard they're gonna have Colorblocking like the Black/Pink Yeezy 1s with Turquoise hints

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Originally Posted by iWhipMyHeadovv

wasnt a fan of the 8 SBs...but if the 9s any ounce of the same demand as the 8 SBs im buying strictly to resell....  
tumblr_lgx8vez2371qf1sv0o1_500.gif

laugh.gif

Can't knock the hustle man.
Word, I'm coppin so you NTers can help pay off my rent, car payment and my cc bill my girl likes to run up every month. 

Sorry if this has been answered already but is there a set release date for the 1st cw? DSS says they'll ship no later than the 30th but I didn't think they would be available that soon. I like how these turned out except for replacing the lion with lebron's sig on the tongue. The lion really added a lot to the look of the 8s.

Back
Top Bottom