Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way will I pay $315.00 for a pair of basketball shoes!   Nike is getting carried away.  That means after taxes we would be paying around $350.00 for the pair.  smh Its time for us to say no and boycott them prices.  Whats gonna happen when the Lebron XI's drop next year?   There gonna bump the price up to $350.00 or $400.00?   Nike is trying to justify the prices by saying there for high school and college ball players so they can see there progess in there vertical jump.  hahahah How about we just test our vertical the old fashion way like they do at the rookie combine.  smh Its just another gimmick from Nike to raise prices.  People can say yeah the regular version is only $180.00 but I bet Nike will make all the sick colorways the elite versions just like there doing with the olympic colorway.  smh
mean.gif

No way will I pay $315.00 for a pair of basketball shoes!   Nike is getting carried away.  That means after taxes we would be paying around $350.00 for the pair.  smh Its time for us to say no and boycott them prices.  Whats gonna happen when the Lebron XI's drop next year?   There gonna bump the price up to $350.00 or $400.00?   Nike is trying to justify the prices by saying there for high school and college ball players so they can see there progess in there vertical jump.  hahahah How about we just test our vertical the old fashion way like they do at the rookie combine.  smh Its just another gimmick from Nike to raise prices.  People can say yeah the regular version is only $180.00 but I bet Nike will make all the sick colorways the elite versions just like there doing with the olympic colorway.  smh :smh:
Pshh, over here in Cali, that tax puts us at $381 dollars...

JFo1P.gif

ya'll are seriously over reacting , the hyperdunk is 139 , the hyperdunk+ is 249 .... the lebron X+ will account for less than 20% of the lebron X colorway .... they are a business and have invested 90 million in lebron, they are banking on him to be the next MJ so if the price is too much thats just tough .... nobody was complaining about the lebron 9 elite southbeach being 250 , and i am pretty sure if those were 300 they still would have sold out ........... pay for what you want, when there is a shoe over retail from a reseller most of us pay the mark up when its something you have to have , same thing with nike .... they know you will pay, mark up or no mark up

LV and Gucci shoes range from $800-$1000. But where is the big blowup about that????

Louis Vuitton and Gucci are also high-fashion and designer lines. Last I checked, Nike is nowhere near high-fashion. Like comparing apples to oranges...

The catch 22 with the whole + system is the demographic Nike claims to be marketing this product towards. They say the shoe is meant for High School and College players that want to take their game to the "next level" by being able to track statistics pertinent to improving their game. The only problem with that is the average HS and college student probably won't be able to afford $315 shoes to do such things. The type of people that would be able to afford the shoe? Older folks with jobs that really would be using the + system as a form of entertainment, not necessarily to get to the "next level."

If Nike really cared about the younger athletes that wanted to improve their game with this revolutionary technology, they should have priced it waaaaay lower. I know for a fact when I was in H.S. I cared a lot about improving my game, but no way in hell could I have afforded a shoe that would be $345 after tax.

Something tells me that Nike is gonna release all the hot colorways in the + version. Im saving up already

Plenty of people on NT and off NT will still buy these. Saw some HS'ers mom buy him the Hyperdunk+ without even looking at the price.

No way will I pay $315.00 for a pair of basketball shoes!   Nike is getting carried away.  That means after taxes we would be paying around $350.00 for the pair.  smh Its time for us to say no and boycott them prices.  Whats gonna happen when the Lebron XI's drop next year?   There gonna bump the price up to $350.00 or $400.00?   Nike is trying to justify the prices by saying there for high school and college ball players so they can see there progess in there vertical jump.  hahahah How about we just test our vertical the old fashion way like they do at the rookie combine.  smh Its just another gimmick from Nike to raise prices.  People can say yeah the regular version is only $180.00 but I bet Nike will make all the sick colorways the elite versions just like there doing with the olympic colorway.  smh :smh:

I don't know what type of taxes you pay but I live in VA and our sales tax is 5% so that comes out to $15.75 in taxes blus the $315 (if that's how much they're actually going to cost) comes out to $330.75

I think it's funny how people complain about quality, once they get it it's too much lol. Prices are up on everything! If you want quality your gonna have to pay for it. If you don't care about quality and only care about price you should just by fakes...quality sucks and they are cheap. Problem solved :nerd:

I think it's funny how people complain about quality, once they get it it's too much lol. Prices are up on everything! If you want quality your gonna have to pay for it. If you don't care about quality and only care about price you should just by fakes...quality sucks and they are cheap. Problem solved
nerd.gif
Who told you that this is a high quality item?

Did you happen to see the Elite 9's, paint chipping and so forth?

The catch 22 with the whole + system is the demographic Nike claims to be marketing this product towards. They say the shoe is meant for High School and College players that want to take their game to the "next level" by being able to track statistics pertinent to improving their game. The only problem with that is the average HS and college student probably won't be able to afford $315 shoes to do such things. The type of people that would be able to afford the shoe? Older folks with jobs that really would be using the + system as a form of entertainment, not necessarily to get to the "next level."
If Nike really cared about the younger athletes that wanted to improve their game with this revolutionary technology, they should have priced it waaaaay lower. I know for a fact when I was in H.S. I cared a lot about improving my game, but no way in hell could I have afforded a shoe that would be $345 after tax.

This is what I have been saying, unless you go to a premier high school or college that will provide these for free, for training purposes, what person at this stage of life who is focused on being a student is going to buy these just for hooping, never mind the fact of even affording them? Unless you have rich parents and you are in highschool or waiting for a student loan excess check -college kid. The only people affording these will be people who work for a living who have ALOT of disposable income, who want to take their game to the next level for what : pick-up ball, intramurals, playing at the local park or driveway. Makes me wonder was LeBron even tracking his stats when he wore them for the Gold Medal game.

Last edited:
Who told you that this is a high quality item?

Did you happen to see the Elite 9's, paint chipping and so forth?
high quality is what is in the shoe, you pay $100,000 for a high quality car but I can take my key and scratch the paint. Lmao at ppl thinking paint job is apart of "high quality" go playin some Jordan retros that retail at 160, then try lebrons, you may see a difference then kid :tongue:

Last edited:
high quality is what is in the shoe, you pay $100,000 for a high quality car but I can take my key and scratch the paint. Lmao at ppl thinking paint job is apart of "high quality" go playin some Jordan retros that retail at 160, then try lebrons, you may see a difference then kid
tongue.gif
Wrong.

Also, do not compare shoes that are meant to be played in, with luxury items such as high end automobiles. You don't drive a lambo to a construction site, then hooking it up to a flatbed. These are basketball shoes, then should stand up to the task. In this case, that means the paint job should be able to withstand any punishment dished out, especially for two hundred fifty dollars.

Only kids like you, sit and suggest that it's what's inside of a shoe, when no nike shoe has ever been proven to do anything any different from what's offered from any other company. You've swallowed the Kool Aid, and you are not any better off because of it.

After you buy these things, do us a favor, come back and tell us how they've improved your game.

I'm assuming they mean the 100+ odd premier high schools and colleges that have contracts with Nike for athletic equipment, just a guess. And as poor as most of us are, there are still lots of rich families in this country that will spoil their children rotten. Think the $315 pricing is more an experiment than anything else.

I feel some that are complaining about price want these and can't afford them corfortably. My only thing is as long as your not spending money that should be used for major stuff whats the problem? I want a Lambo but hell I can't afford it so the only thing I can do is get that loooooong paper or go without one. That's what I did for J's when I was younger started mowing yards/washing cars for spending money(yes I know lambo/jordan prices aren't the same just the mentality of how you go about working towards things you want) If I didn't want one I wouldn't care what the price of them are cause I don't want one and its not affecting my or anybody close to me day to day. Thats why I don't get why some are going so hard if you don't want them you know you can just not buy them and stick to buying what you consider affordable stuff.

I feel some that are complaining about price want these and can't afford them corfortably. My only thing is as long as your not spending money that should be used for major stuff whats the problem? I want a Lambo but hell I can't afford it so the only thing I can do is get that loooooong paper or go without one. That's what I did for J's when I was younger started mowing yards/washing cars for spending money(yes I know lambo/jordan prices aren't the same just the mentality of how you go about working towards things you want) If I didn't want one I wouldn't care what the price of them are cause I don't want one and its not affecting my or anybody close to me day to day. Thats why I don't get why some are going so hard if you don't want them you know you can just not buy them and stick to buying what you consider affordable stuff.
Ridiculous line of reasoning.

Just so you know, Warren Buffet lives in a two hundred fifty thousand dollar house, the same one he bought when he first gained his wealth.

Some people are smart with their money, not falling for the hype. Then there are those that are gullible.

Ridiculous line of reasoning.

Just so you know, Warren Buffet lives in a two hundred fifty thousand dollar house, the same one he bought when he first gained his wealth.

Some people are smart with their money, not falling for the hype. Then there are those that are gullible.
Ridiculous to you. I don't care about Buffet regarding that cause for everyone of him you can probably name 10 more people with money (new/old money doesn't matter) that don't live in a 250k house or do things like him in general. It's like cats want rich people to live like 9to5ers to make themselves feel better. I also think you replied out of emotion cause what is so wrong about what I said?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom