Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculous to you. I don't care about Buffet regarding that cause for everyone of him you can probably name 10 more people with money (new/old money doesn't matter) that don't live in a 250k house or do things like him in general. It's like cats want rich people to live like 9to5ers to make themselves feel better. I also think you replied out of emotion cause what is so wrong about what I said?
I can name a whole section of America that won't buy these shoes, and they can afford them. This is what's wrong with that statement. You think that I responded out of emotion?

The problem is that you aren't thinking at all.

Nike pushing the envelope and trying to pillage the shoe game. They prolly see 315 as nothing compared to some of the resell prices people are paying for their shoes.

Last edited:
Ridiculous to you. I don't care about Buffet regarding that cause for everyone of him you can probably name 10 more people with money (new/old money doesn't matter) that don't live in a 250k house or do things like him in general. It's like cats want rich people to live like 9to5ers to make themselves feel better. I also think you replied out of emotion cause what is so wrong about what I said?
I can name a whole section of America that won't buy these shoes, and they can afford them. This is what's wrong with that statement. You think that I responded out of emotion?

The problem is that you aren't thinking at all.
If saying I'm not thinking makes you feel better I'm all for it. Maybe the people you speak of don't want them. Most people that can comfortably afford and want something usually get it no matter what it is. There is nothing wrong with what I said cause even in the first post I said some not all some. That's why I said you must be responding emotionally. If said people are taking a stance cause they don't want to pay that for sneaks good for them. How many times have you not gotten something that you wanted that you could afford comfortably because of price? I don't know many that deny themselves things they want if they can comfortably afford them without worrying about financial implications now or down the road.

$290.00 is still to much.  **** that $250.00 price last year was to much.  smh    A $40.00 dollar increase in 1 year is crazy.

well your actually paying $110 for the "Nike+" system that's why... Minus the Nike+ ($110) and you get a $180 shoe... u have a choice fam

Wealthy or not of people really want them they will find a way to get these + kicks. You could have a billion bucks and if you don't want you won't buy. You could be living paycheck to paycheck and if you really want these you'll find a way. It's the fact that Nike thinks this is ok to price sneakers at this level that is startling more than anything. Because as we have all noticed over the recent years, quality is decreasing whereas price is going up :smh:.

I hope the south beach colorway is $315 and a GR

maybe that will slow down the hypebeast and resellers

I also think Nike is starting to cut into the resell game.. At the end of the day, it's up to you. Nike wouldn't put it out if people didn't rob, steal, and kill to get the product. It's not Nike's fault, it's us...|I

ya'll are seriously over reacting , the hyperdunk is 139 , the hyperdunk+ is 249 .... the lebron X+ will account for less than 20% of the lebron X colorway .... they are a business and have invested 90 million in lebron, they are banking on him to be the next MJ so if the price is too much thats just tough .... nobody was complaining about the lebron 9 elite southbeach being 250 , and i am pretty sure if those were 300 they still would have sold out ........... pay for what you want, when there is a shoe over retail from a reseller most of us pay the mark up when its something you have to have , same thing with nike .... they know you will pay, mark up or no mark up

that was his 1st deal.... he is on his second deal and it has been reported the figure is a lot less... but he will most likely make more $$$ on this contract due to less contract requirements... (you didn't think Nike just gave him 90mill straight right?? he had to meet requirements... EX- get to certain rounds in the playoffs)

Wealthy or not of people really want them they will find a way to get these + kicks. You could have a billion bucks and if you don't want you won't buy. You could be living paycheck to paycheck and if you really want these you'll find a way. It's the fact that Nike thinks this is ok to price sneakers at this level that is startling more than anything. Because as we have all noticed over the recent years, quality is decreasing whereas price is going up :smh:.
I can agree with this but I think like some people have said they are trying to get some of that resell money but if people let these sit like the hyperdunk+ have they will come down. Lebron was wearing them too and they haven't moved really in the + models but once the price comes down to what people are comfortable paying they will fly right off the shelves.

Are these limited?  If not, I bet these sit on the shelves due to the negativity around them.  But generally speaking, I know a lot of people that paid $300+ for shoes on eBay.  Just saying...

Are these limited?  If not, I bet these sit on the shelves due to the negativity around them.  But generally speaking, I know a lot of people that paid $300+ for shoes on eBay.  Just saying...

there will be 50,000 pairs of all nike+ lebron 10s info from sneakernews i dont know how limited that is but i guess you would
have to divide it between all the nike+ lebron colorways

I guess Im in the middle on this whole price thing.

People say "Im not paying $290/$315 for this shoe"  So dont. 

People have said this show is not worth $315 well you are right. It's not even worth $180. It's worth what it cost to make. Around $27 bucks. No item EVER in the world even on Lemonade stands is worth what one charges.

We ALL know about profit and mark up right?  Every item has a worth to the individual customer. I think its widely known some folks buy shoes for fashion and others for performance.

That performance sector is getting much smaller because many folks will ball in lower tier shoes they find give them the best bang for their buck. This includes pick up games and rec leagues.   People can say what they see in their town being worn... but hell I know Jordan Concords sold out.. .but you hardly saw anyone wearing them.

They ALL couldn't have gone to resellers right?  My point is its a lost argument on both sides. Of course we have options in what our purchases are but to say they arent worth the price charged is an obvious statement. 

Watches which I am HUGE of have a x 10 mark up on cost. THIS would be MUCH higher than shoes.... Its a fact that car makers make MUCH more money on SUVs than sedans.  GM itself makes even more on the Denali XL and Escalade and Esco ESV than it does the Tahoe and Suburban which STILL make them a pretty high profit margin.

I agree on a few of both points on quality. When you decide to pay a certain amount for a shoe you expect it to last...but I think thats more for casual appeal and wear.

IF you are buying a shoe for performance you have to expect wear and tear and ultimately the break down of a shoe. Cars are made to last NOT forever but in most cases the term of an average loan believe it or not.  At least in todays age unless its a Honda or Ac... Shoes aren't made to last even THAT long perfromance wise.

I guess both sides need to ask.. why complain about something if you cant control it and if you can control it there'd be no reason to complain right?  I myself will own more Hyperposites than Xs this year... but thats because I LOVE the design and comfort.. I will actually pay for a few at almost full price. I like the X because of the design and new tech... or packaged tech.  But its to each their own. 

I dont think folks are sheep because they CHOOSE to like one shoe or brand over another but those same folkscant expect change if they keep feeding into the hype machine.

But who are we fooling.. when marketed right... By NT or SC some of the releases will sell out regardless.  WE are making the need for Nike to market their own kicks MUCH LESS of a need... 

Thats the sad part...

nobody was complaining about the lebron 9 elite southbeach being 250

There were complaints. Because it was the MV/SB colorway, many felt the colorway alone justified paying $250. I was one of them, until I got my pair. I wasn't as happy with them as I thought I would be. Felt the colorway looked better on the regular 9, and didn't feel there was anything about the shoe that justified the $80 price increase from the regular 9. Traded them for cash and a pair of kicks I really wanted.

As far as the pricing of the Lebron X+ goes, I agree the price tag is ridiculous. I only wear sneakers for casual wear. The new tech means nothing to me. I will not be purchasing a pair, regardless of the colorways they will try throw on them. I understand they're basketball sneakers and their main purpose is for use on the court. I understand that they are advertised for high school and college athletes. But as someone stated, not many high school or college athletes can afford to pay $315+ for a pair of sneakers. I do believe the sneakers can somewhat help your game, but that's mainly with speed(light weight sneakers) and flexibility(new materials used for better movement and comfort). Taking your game to the next level will only come from the effort and time you put in to improve it.

If saying I'm not thinking makes you feel better I'm all for it. Maybe the people you speak of don't want them. Most people that can comfortably afford and want something usually get it no matter what it is. There is nothing wrong with what I said cause even in the first post I said some not all some. That's why I said you must be responding emotionally. If said people are taking a stance cause they don't want to pay that for sneaks good for them. How many times have you not gotten something that you wanted that you could afford comfortably because of price? I don't know many that deny themselves things they want if they can comfortably afford them without worrying about financial implications now or down the road.
There are people who understand value, wouldn't you say so?

There are people who'll look at something, then ask, is this a high quality product?

Do I need this? Will it last? How does this differ from the lower priced model from another company? If I invest in this product, will it do what it is said to do? Are there risks involved, as in the product not living up to the standards that are expected? With the materials being used, are they worth the price being asked?

Or...can I buy a less expensive shoe, one that is more durable and of better value, then allowing me to buy many more pairs to use whenever I need them?

If you take a peek at the responses on ESPN's thread about the shoe, the racist remarks, they realize that Nike is targeting a certain audience. Just like yourself, you are chiding an audience who may say that this shoe is too expensive, suggesting that they are only complaining due to the lack of finance, totally eliminating the possibility that they are simply not gullible enough to buy this shoe.

If you ask me, I feel that Nike has completely thrown LeBron under the bus on this one, making him look like the greedy, selfish player that ran away from Cleveland again. 

here's the final packaging/box
more pictures here: http://www.solereapers.com/2012/08/nike-lebron-x-usa-boxpackaging-and.html

:pimp:

[COLOR=#red]All non-athletes should just stick to the pair that's "only" $180. Why pay an almost $150 premium to assess and monitor your 12" vertical and .05ms hangtime? Nike + in a running shoe is actually quite helpful for athletes and non-athletes alike, but not so much in hoops or hoops training where you'd be primarily on a basketball court with the kicks on.[/COLOR]

I'll just get the 180 who gives a **** about a computer chip in a shoe :smh:

right i think nike is a lil dumb for this price markup simply becus the first pics we seen of the lebron x were the fakes and they were on point think of how
good they will be after a few months in the people who could not afford the 315 will slowly start considering buying a pair of fakes not me im a dude if i cant have the
real thing i just dont have it its too many other sneakers to stress over one

There were complaints. Because it was the MV/SB colorway, many felt the colorway alone justified paying $250. I was one of them, until I got my pair. I wasn't as happy with them as I thought I would be. Felt the colorway looked better on the regular 9, and didn't feel there was anything about the shoe that justified the $80 price increase from the regular 9. Traded them for cash and a pair of kicks I really wanted.
As far as the pricing of the Lebron X+ goes, I agree the price tag is ridiculous. I only wear sneakers for casual wear. The new tech means nothing to me. I will not be purchasing a pair, regardless of the colorways they will try throw on them. I understand they're basketball sneakers and their main purpose is for use on the court. I understand that they are advertised for high school and college athletes. But as someone stated, [COLOR=#red]not many high school or college athletes can afford to pay $315+ for a pair of sneakers[/COLOR]. I do believe the sneakers can somewhat help your game, but that's mainly with speed(light weight sneakers) and flexibility(new materials used for better movement and comfort). Taking your game to the next level will only come from the effort and time you put in to improve it.
[COLOR=#red]
***cough cough*** Booster/$100 Handshakes/Financial Aid refund checks[/COLOR]

I hope the south beach colorway is $315 and a GR
maybe that will slow down the hypebeast and resellers

Won't matter...the increased price will cause even more hype and more reseller profits. We set the aftermarket price based on what we will and will not pay for. Mix that in with a color everyone will want too? Resellers for the most part buy on their credit cards hoping to flip for profits...so a $315 start price won't slow them down becasue aftermarket will still go over $400

well your actually paying $110 for the "Nike+" system that's why... Minus the Nike+ ($110) and you get a $180 shoe... u have a choice fam

Yeah, I wish the media and news outlets would tell the whole story...
Was just in a staff meeting and my bosses knew I was a sneakerhead so like 4-5 people asking me questions about why people would pay $300 for shoes...
Same people asked me if I bought the Yeezys because they thought the retail price was $1000 since CNN only showed the Ebay auctions...
:smh:

nice. so there will be a $180 model. awesome. I really wanted to try these out. Still going to wait for a coupon code or something though. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom