Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure if this was posted...

If saying I'm not thinking makes you feel better I'm all for it. Maybe the people you speak of don't want them. Most people that can comfortably afford and want something usually get it no matter what it is. There is nothing wrong with what I said cause even in the first post I said some not all some. That's why I said you must be responding emotionally. If said people are taking a stance cause they don't want to pay that for sneaks good for them. How many times have you not gotten something that you wanted that you could afford comfortably because of price? I don't know many that deny themselves things they want if they can comfortably afford them without worrying about financial implications now or down the road.
There are people who understand value, wouldn't you say so?

There are people who'll look at something, then ask, is this a high quality product?

Do I need this? Will it last? How does this differ from the lower priced model from another company? If I invest in this product, will it do what it is said to do? Are there risks involved, as in the product not living up to the standards that are expected? With the materials being used, are they worth the price being asked?

Or...can I buy a less expensive shoe, one that is more durable and of better value, then allowing me to buy many more pairs to use whenever I need them?

If you take a peek at the responses on ESPN's thread about the shoe, the racist remarks, they realize that Nike is targeting a certain audience. Just like yourself, you are chiding an audience who may say that this shoe is too expensive, suggesting that they are only complaining due to the lack of finance, totally eliminating the possibility that they are simply not gullible enough to buy this shoe.

If you ask me, I feel that Nike has completely thrown LeBron under the bus on this one, making him look like the greedy, selfish player that ran away from Cleveland again. 
Regarding the bold I think that's why we have this disagreement. I never said all people are complaining cause of the price couldn't afford them. I said some and I will stand by that cause lets not act like that isn't true either just like some don't see the need for it and can afford it. If I said anything where it implies all people complaining were doing so over price I apologize cause I make mistakes too. Nike target audience is anybody who will buy them lol. The racist remarks are mainly from folks that are mad they aren't where Bron or whoever is financially and they getting paid for a "game" even though they can't provide the same level of entertainment whoever provides.

Wrong.

Also, do not compare shoes that are meant to be played in, with luxury items such as high end automobiles. You don't drive a lambo to a construction site, then hooking it up to a flatbed. These are basketball shoes, then should stand up to the task. In this case, that means the paint job should be able to withstand any punishment dished out, especially for two hundred fifty dollars.

Only kids like you, sit and suggest that it's what's inside of a shoe, when no nike shoe has ever been proven to do anything any different from what's offered from any other company. You've swallowed the Kool Aid, and you are not any better off because of it.

After you buy these things, do us a favor, come back and tell us how they've improved your game.
I guess you haven't heard of inflation kid. Cars are meant to withstand the rough mileage you put on them, but paint can still be chipped, basketball shoes are meant FOR PERFORMANCE on the court , not looks, paint chipping doesn't make them any less durable, again... Play In some 2012 Jordan retros, then play in elites, if you don't wanna pay for comfort continue to buy those 3stripe Adidas in your avi homie :D

No need for people to get salty at one another. An opinion should allowed to be stated without receiving backlash.

I agree with most points on here, but if Nike releases only popular cws in the plus model and not for the regular version as well, then I'd have a reason to complain.

Regarding the bold I think that's why we have this disagreement. I never said all people are complaining cause of the price couldn't afford them. I said some and I will stand by that cause lets not act like that isn't true either just like some don't see the need for it and can afford it. If I said anything where it implies all people complaining were doing so over price I apologize cause I make mistakes too. Nike target audience is anybody who will buy them lol. The racist remarks are mainly from folks that are mad they aren't where Bron or whoever is financially and they getting paid for a "game" even though they can't provide the same level of entertainment whoever provides.

Those same people will be lined up around the block in October for an IPhone 5..

not sure if this was posted...
Clean....Still personally prefer the red swoosh. 

If my size was available tho and I was able to purchase on discount I would cop cause $205 isn't bad..But that is yet to be determined as we have No RD yet and etc..

Last edited:
I say we boycot

it won't matter...In the IX forum people posted the article where JP and crew basically announced the Elite IXs pricing of $250 was an experiment...and people bought up the SBs/MVs. People will buy what they want to buy.

A few people (incl me) mentioned not buying at $250 becasue it would set a bad precedent and show Nike they can set any price point...Congrats people...:smh:

Last edited:
I guess you haven't heard of inflation kid. Cars are meant to withstand the rough mileage you put on them, but paint can still be chipped, basketball shoes are meant FOR PERFORMANCE on the court , not looks, paint chipping doesn't make them any less durable, again... Play In some 2012 Jordan retros, then play in elites, if you don't wanna pay for comfort continue to buy those 3stripe Adidas in your avi homie
happy.gif
I guess you haven't heard of doing your research, then using common sense. I respect information, even coming from a kid, if it is well researched and then proven to be accurate, unlike the information that you are currently spouting. 

Here is the real reason that Nike has increased their pricing.

The price leaps come after Nike's gross margins dropped to 42.8% from 44.3% in its most recent quarter ending May 31, the sixth-straight year-to-year quarterly decline. 

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/nikes-lebron-sneakers-test-300-000400159.html

They want people like you to believe that it has everything to do with inflation, when other companies in the same business have not made such drastic increases in their pricing. Nike knows that children, the followers such as yourself, will defend something as unnecessary as a three hundred fifteen dollar shoe, due to the fact that it will make you feel special.

They bank on your insecurity.

So again, since this is supposedly a performance shoe, after you buy them, come back and tell us how they improve your game.

it won't matter...In the IX forum people posted the article where JP and crew basically announced the Elite IXs pricing of $250 was an experiment...and we bought up the SBs/MVs. People will buy what they want to buy.
Thats all people bought though, and that's because of the name and it's limited run.

The other versions of the Elites NEVER sold out. You can actually get them on discount at some FTL/HOH etc. So Nike experiment was a major fail, and this $315 one will be an even bigger one too. Thank god Nike stock price is under today (down 44%), it looks like ever since articles broke they've been trading negative, lol. This cant be good news for there investors.

I love the packaging, too bad it'll only be for the + version.

I think that all of the X's that drop this year should have that packaging. Maybe just as a little thank you to the fans that have been supporting the line and this being his 10th sneaker.

Thats all people bought though, and that's because of the name and it's limited run.
The other versions of the Elites NEVER sold out. You can actually get them on discount at some FTL/HOH etc. So Nike experiment was a major fail, and this $315 one will be an even bigger one too. Thank god Nike stock price is under today (down 44%), it looks like ever since articles broke they've been trading negative, lol. This cant be good news for there investors.

The initial release of the taxis sold fast too...some of what we see still out there are restocks.
Besides, Nike has already made the money on the shoes sitting in stores...it's the store that loses out if they have to mark down etc.
Which brings up a good point. My local connect is an Athletes Foot...privately owned. Manager/Owner already said he will not carry the Lebron+, only the regular models. Can't afford to get stuck with stock he can't move.

Ummm...and I'm pretty sure you mean 0.44%...which isnt much at all...no way a company loses 44% that fast without craziness (unless its Facebook...lol)

Last edited:
Blah blah blah!!!! Everyone in this thread fighting tooth and nail about the price , it's quite simple what the resolution is: NOT TO BUY THEM!!! The general public doesn't put sneakers On a certain plateau like us hence this board being a platform amonst us , the few, that do. The funny thing about it is that I guarantee that everyone in here would have no problem dropping $250+ on crappy retro jb molds with no updated tech if they placed the beloved "NIKE AIR" in limited quantities for the 3-6. Don't lie 2 yourselves people. There was a time when the air Jordan cost $125. Now that price is considered a steal on most cases. All I'm saying is that we are all slaves to the " swoosh". Some are in denial and some (like myself) have come to terms with it and totally embraced it as a part of my personal fabric. All I'm saying is get ya $315 ready , Nike is gonna make y'all come up off of it weather u like it or not. Lol

laugh.gif
 They put jewelry on the shoe to make it more attractive....

..if LeBron wants to make a positive change of his image, he may want to consider this...
[h1]CHRIS WEBBER CALLS TIME OUT ON NIKE SHOE DEAL[/h1]
Code:
 The Bullets Chris Webber has "severed ties" with Nikebecause he says the company "refuses" to lower the price of itsbasketball shoe named after him, according to Frank Hughes of theWASHINGTON TIMES.  Webber's three-year deal with Nike recentlyran out, and his agent, Fallasha Erwin, said that they would notnegotiate a new deal because Nike "insisted" they continue tocharge $140 for the CWebb shoe, more than any other sneaker onthe market.
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...-WEBBER-CALLS-TIME-OUT-ON-NIKE-SHOE-DEAL.aspx

Last edited:
we Canadian's are the ones suffering considering the USD and CND are at par.  We are paying $50 more on these shoes...

I guess I'll just holla at my hook up and see what he can do.....I am also assuming that this will not sold as fast considering people are more dedicated their Jordan collection the Lebrons..my o2 cents...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom