Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You talk about intelligent conversation, respectful debates, and refer to yourself and Mr. Adidas as intellectuals, yet you LYAO at his vitriolic comment towards one of the biggest, and most positive contributors to this site. Because wishing for the destruction of a dude's massive sneaker collection is positively intellectual!
 We were having a wonderful discussion and he could have simply scrolled past, then commented on the shoes themselves, but he didn't.

He was looking for a confrontation.

Last edited:
 We were having a wonderful discussion and he could have simply scrolled past, then commented on the shoes themselves, but he didn't.

He was looking for a confrontation.

He complained about the length of posts (which I disagree with actually), and you respond by essentially calling him an uneducated child, and then you get all 'mean girl' on him by openly wishing his kicks get destroyed. Yeah, that was a mature, commensurate response!

Once upon a time the mods on this board would ban, or at least warn someone like you. But I hope you stick around actually, and keep making those spiteful comments. Because they undercut your arguments and expose you for the anti-Nike troll you really are. 

*tinfoil hat on*
How wild would it be if AKA was actually a s*le c*llector secret operative sent to destroy NT from the inside by giving all of the contributors/readers that Jon Stewart watching Fox News feeling whenever they thought about what used to be their favorite threads.
*tinfoil hat off*

Hilarious dude! He was sent by Adidas to exact vengeance on Petrie and Nike in Rose's honour. 

"Must hate LeBron.....hail the Three Stripes!!

He complained about the length of posts (which I disagree with actually), and you respond by essentially calling him an uneducated child, and then you get all 'mean girl' on him by openly wishing his kicks get destroyed. Yeah, that was a mature, commensurate response!
Once upon a time the mods on this board would ban, or at least warn someone like you. But I hope you stick around actually, and keep making those spiteful comments. Because they undercut your arguments and expose you for the anti-Nike troll you really are. 
Hilarious dude! He was sent by Adidas to exact vengeance on Petrie and Nike in Rose's honour. 
"Must hate LeBron.....hail the Three Stripes!
Sneakers are material items, that can easily be replaced. However, the loss of a young life means a bit more, thus the discussion we were having.

If you wish to reduce it to me just hating Nike, then dissing that guys kicks, then so be it. Says more about you, than it does me.

Last edited:
I dont like the fact that all of the really nice color ways are the nike+ models. i would like to see the Wind Chill/Sapphires at the regular price. Ive notice that only the nike+ models have lace locks *thumbs down*

BTW, I am a big fan of LeBron James. So all of this talk about me being so anti Nike is complete bull, I am a big fan of the III, made by one of my fav Nike designers, then one who should have never left the line,

I'm simply honest about their bullcrap. Look at this shoe, then look at the X.

There is no comparison. What you guys are getting now, is just plain shameful.

BTW, I am a big fan of LeBron James. So all of this talk about me being so anti Nike is complete bull, I am a big fan of the III, made by one of my fav Nike designers, then one who should have never left the line,

I'm simply honest about their bullcrap. Look at this shoe, then look at the X.

There is no comparison. What you guys are getting now, is just plain shameful.

I have 2's, 3's, 4's, and also have 7's, 8's, and 9's. I dont necessarily think what they are doing now is crap but I do think they have decided to charge a premium for something different. Early on the material used was more geared toward high quality leathers and thats considered good quality lifestyle/casual material, now Nike has gone the way of charging a premium for technologically advanced performance wear that just so happens to be adopted into this "Be different, wear whatever" generation of style. The new direction isn't exactly something I'm fully supporting just yet because my athletic prowess is slowly diminishing :lol: but I can't say the product is just crap ya know...

All Love

P.S. Those SVSM 3's are sick!

Last edited:
Sneakers are material items, that can easily be replaced. However, the loss of a young life means a bit more, thus the discussion we were having.

If you wish to reduce it to me just hating Nike, then dissing that guys kicks, then so be it. Says more about you, than it does me.

Right.....you're a humanitarian for having these important discussions about the price and quality of Nike shoes. You should be holding town hall meetings on the subject at university lecture halls!

And your comments certainly have nothing to do with a flaming, spit-spewing hatred of Petrie and Nike. Silly me for "reducing" your posts to that!

I dont like the fact that all of the really nice color ways are the nike+ models. i would like to see the Wind Chill/Sapphires at the regular price. Ive notice that only the nike+ models have lace locks *thumbs down*

Join the club dude.....at least there aren't any lion lace locks for sale on eBay yet!

Last edited:
Right.....you're a humanitarian for having these important discussions about the price and quality of Nike shoes. You should be holding town hall meetings on the subject at university lecture halls!
And your comments certainly have nothing to do with a flaming, spit-spewing hatred of Petrie and Nike. Silly me for "reducing" your posts to that!
Join the club dude.....at least there aren't any lion lace locks for sale on eBay yet!
No, what I am talking about is what HE did. He came on as we were discussing the matter of violence over kicks, then suggested that we stop discussing it. It was a cool exchange of ideas, wonderful discussion between several people.

BTW, I didn't mention Petrie, you did.

I have 2's, 3's, 4's, and also have 7's, 8's, and 9's. I dont necessarily think what they are doing now is crap but I do think they have decided to charge a premium for something different. Early on the material used was more geared toward high quality leathers and thats considered good quality lifestyle/casual material, now Nike has gone the way of charging a premium for technologically advanced performance wear that just so happens to be adopted into this "Be different, wear whatever" generation of style. The new direction isn't exactly something I'm fully supporting just yet because my athletic prowess is slowly diminishing
laugh.gif
but I can't say the product is just crap ya know...
All Love
P.S. Those SVSM 3's are sick!
See, here's the deal for me. If the X were a premium shoe made like the III, I'd have no problem with them. But three bills for plastic? Naw man.

I'm not trying to hear that. 

Then they slap a limited tag on them, plastic gold swoosh, plastic gold lion lace lock.......smgdh.

See, here's the deal for me. If the X were a premium shoe made like the III, I'd have no problem with them. But three bills for plastic? Naw man.

I'm not trying to hear that. 

Then they slap a limited tag on them, plastic gold swoosh, plastic gold lion lace lock.......smgdh.

Naw I'm hearing what you're saying and in no way am I agreeing with Nike that ANY basketball shoe should be $300+ after tax BUT the shoe is supposed to be packed with technologically advanced elements that create this kind of basketball wearable device as opposed to a basketball shoe. So yeah the material of the upper is a strong durable plastic and the air bag is nice air max/zoom mix which makes the shoe about $180 in casual value BUT then you throw on this $110 computer chip they decided to incorporate into the footwear/athletic device and thats where you get the $290 price point. Once again I don't necessarily agree with it but I don't think its going to be as big of a deal come release day as we are making it out to be.

No, what I am talking about is what HE did. He came on as we were discussing the matter of violence over kicks, then suggested that we stop discussing it. It was a cool exchange of ideas, wonderful discussion between several people.

BTW, I didn't mention Petrie, you did.

Dude, you're so transparent. You don't like the direction LeBron's kicks are going in because you don't like the designer, because he insulted your boy. You must think we're fools if we can't figure that out.

I love how you keep pointing to the III as proof that you don't hate Nike. Great tactic!

Nike making a $300 dollar shoe with synthetic materials affects you how, exactly?? You're acting so personally insulted. A lot of people have made a lot of good arguments on this thread about the cost of shoes vs. quality. No one has done it as much as you and as negatively as you. Despite making your (biased) point numerous times, you consistently feel the need to come into this thread and urinate on it. But I'm starting to enjoy the back-and-forth. So keep up your very noble crusade bro!

Dude, you're so transparent. You don't like the direction LeBron's kicks are going in because you don't like the designer, because he insulted your boy. You must think we're fools if we can't figure that out.
I love how you keep pointing to the III as proof that you don't hate Nike. Great tactic!
Nike making a $300 dollar shoe with synthetic materials affects you how, exactly?? You're acting so personally insulted. A lot of people have made a lot of good arguments on this thread about the cost of shoes vs. quality. No one has done it as much as you and as negatively as you. Despite making your (biased) point numerous times, you consistently feel the need to come into this thread and urinate on it. But I'm starting to enjoy the back-and-forth. So keep up your very noble crusade bro!

You were worried about the thread getting locked but now you're just throwing gas on the flames. One of you has to be adult enough to just cut it off. So just drop it if you feel like its a trolling tactic.

D Rose is my favorite player too and yeah Petrie took a cheap shot at Adidas when Rose got hurt but Nike has always been the brand I grew up with just like the Bulls are the team I grew up with. The best player on my hometown team will ALWAYS be my favorite player first then comes the rest of the league so I can root for Lebron as an incredible player and purchase Nike product while still cheering on an Adidas sponsored player. Don't knock Long for expressing this how he sees fit man, just drop it if you think he's being an idiot. You want the thread to stay alive right? Be the bigger man then I guess...

Naw I'm hearing what you're saying and in no way am I agreeing with Nike that ANY basketball shoe should be $300+ after tax BUT the shoe is supposed to be packed with technologically advanced elements that create this kind of basketball wearable device as opposed to a basketball shoe. So yeah the material of the upper is a strong durable plastic and the air bag is nice air max/zoom mix which makes the shoe about $180 in casual value BUT then you throw on this $110 computer chip they decided to incorporate into the footwear/athletic device and thats where you get the $290 price point. Once again I don't necessarily agree with it but I don't think its going to be as big of a deal come release day as we are making it out to be.
The problem is that it has been proven that the plastic they are using, isn't very durable. I've posted the Blake Griffin hyperdunk incident many times, and Nightwing posted his review of the X, then showed that there is an area that didn't fuse.

I am just going to sit back and then wait, and watch. I know what's going to happen.

The problem is that it has been proven that the plastic they are using, isn't very durable. I've posted the Blake Griffin hyperdunk incident many times, and Nightwing posted his review of the X, then showed that there is an area that didn't fuse.

I am just going to sit back and then wait, and watch. I know what's going to happen.

Yeah I saw the Blake Griffin situation live but, how many people that buy this shoe are going to have a 270lbs NBA center step on their shoe? You got people in this forum comparing the shoe to a luxury automobile, so that right there should tell you 90% of these kicks wont sniff a basketball court and have to endure the punishment that Hyperdunk did. :lol:

And yeah I also saw the fuse problem but damn near every Nike product has some small imperfections on them, Adidas products do too as I own many of Rose's sig line. Just comes with the territory of this shoe landscape as we know it today.

We all will sit back and see what transpires, I'm personally excited about this fall!!!

P.S. @Blossom GO BEARS!!! :rofl:

Last edited:
You were worried about the thread getting locked but now you're just throwing gas on the flames. One of you has to be adult enough to just cut it off. So just drop it if you feel like its a trolling tactic.
D Rose is my favorite player too and yeah Petrie took a cheap shot at Adidas when Rose got hurt but Nike has always been the brand I grew up with just like the Bulls are the team I grew up with. The best player on my hometown team will ALWAYS be my favorite player first then comes the rest of the league so I can root for Lebron as an incredible player and purchase Nike product while still cheering on an Adidas sponsored player. Don't knock Long for expressing this how he sees fit man, just drop it if you think he's being an idiot. You want the thread to stay alive right? Be the bigger man then I guess...
Petrie has made plenty enemies with his comments. As far as his being a pseudo celebrity designer, he is finished. Even dudes in the NBA were not happy with his comments, and I know this for a fact. Me personally, I didn't like him when he was on Nike Talk, and my dislike of him had nothing to do with Rose. I watched him tell another member to drink a bottle of bleach, then call it a day.

There was a time that he'd make his trek to the big cities in order to promote his new design with LeBron.

I wonder if they are going to let him do it this year......
laugh.gif

You should read back dude. I never said a thing about the thread being locked. I informed you what the mods would have done to Mr. Adidas back in the day (check my registration date bro).

And you telling me to be the bigger man, while laughing at his disrespect of Blossom is rich. Way to keep it consistent dawg!

But hey man, it's "all love."

Yeah I saw the Blake Griffin situation live but, how many people that buy this shoe are going to have a 270lbs NBA center step on their shoe? You got people in this forum comparing the shoe to a luxury automobile, so that right there should tell you 90% of these kicks wont sniff a basketball court and have to endure the punishment that Hyperdunk did.
laugh.gif

And yeah I also saw the fuse problem but damn near every Nike product has some small imperfections on them, Adidas products do too as I own many of Rose's sig line. Just comes with the territory of this shoe landscape as we know it today.
We all will sit back and see what transpires, I'm personally excited about this fall!!!
P.S. @Blossom GO BEARS!!!
roll.gif
Hey, shoes get stepped upon all the time in the paint. I weigh two fiddy, and I have done it to others, and many have done it to me. I have never, seen that happen to a sneaker, not one that retails at two hundy. I've even played in Chucks back in the day, hard, and it didn't happen to them either.

But you are right, these shoes aren't going to touch the court, not unless LeBron is wearing them...
laugh.gif

You should read back dude. I never said a thing about the thread being locked. I informed you what the mods would have done to Mr. Adidas back in the day (check my registration date bro).
And you telling me to be the bigger man, while laughing at his disrespect of Blossom is rich. Way to keep it consistent dawg!
But hey man, it's "all love."

Repped! Yup you are right. You won. There its dead. You excited about these X's? I know alot of people in this thread are, can't wait to see the SB color way and the All Star...releases are going to be BANANAS!

Last edited:
Hey, shoes get stepped upon all the time in the paint. I weigh two fiddy, and I have done it to others, and many have done it to me. I have never, seen that happen to a sneaker, not one that retails at two hundy. I've even played in Chucks back in the day, hard, and it didn't happen to them either.

But you are right, these shoes aren't going to touch the court, not unless LeBron is wearing them...:lol:

Naw I feel you. I'm 270lbs myself and I have NEVER seen a shoe get ripped off the sole like that, it was comical. But yeah Lebron will be amongst the 10% to have this shoe on court and you know he's too damn fast for someone to step on his foot :D

I cant wait to see how these feel cushion wise tho, thats my biggest selling point...

Naw I feel you. I'm 270lbs myself and I have NEVER seen a shoe get ripped off the sole like that, it was comical. But yeah Lebron will be amongst the 10% to have this shoe on court and you know he's too damn fast for someone to step on his foot
happy.gif

I cant wait to see how these feel cushion wise tho, thats my biggest selling point...
was like that about the III's, as I only had a good experience with Zoom Air in two shoes. One was the Shox BB4, and the other was the Shox Limitless. I also have a few pairs left of those kicks, but all other shoes that featured zoom air, made my feet numb, then also inflamed my Achilles, then giving me Tendonitis. It was horrible. However, with the zoom max in the III, after taking out the insoles, I was able to ball with no problem. At the flex points, there are pillars which stop the mushy feeling that Zoom air can give, and it seems that it is repeated in the X, however articulated differently.

However, with the X, I am not going to find out. I am not paying that much for a pair of sneakers, there is something wrong about that, especially with them not being leather.

Last edited:

was like that about the III's, as I only had a good experience with Zoom Air in two shoes. One was the Shox BB4, and the other was the Shox Limitless. I also have a few pairs left of those kicks, but all other shoes that featured zoom air, made my feet numb, then also inflamed my Achilles, then giving me Tendonitis. It was horrible. However, with the zoom max in the III, after taking out the insoles, I was able to ball with no problem. At the flex points, there are pillars which stop the mushy feeling that Zoom air can give, and it seems that it is repeated in the X, however articulated differently.

However, with the X, I am not going to find out. I am not paying that much for a pair of sneakers, there is something wrong about that, especially with them not being leather.

That shoe rip was HILARIOUS!!! Especially after Nike promoted this "Elite" version for the post season at an inflated price.

But I'm sure you'll get a chance to experience the X at a lower price point, $180 or maybe even outlet price. I believe every Lebron has had atleast one colorway get to outlets.

That shoe rip was HILARIOUS!!! Especially after Nike promoted this "Elite" version for the post season at an inflated price.
But I'm sure you'll get a chance to experience the X at a lower price point, $180 or maybe even outlet price. I believe every Lebron has had atleast one colorway get to outlets.
We were in the Barbershop in Harlem watching that go down, and every customer in the shop said the same thing....cheap assedNike shoes.
laugh.gif

I will only wear the X, if I get them for free...and even then I will still have pause. Many of the shoes I get that are Nike I do not pay for anyway, outside of the Black/Red III's that are pictured.

[h1]Nike, LeBron X and sneakerheads: Dying to be fresh[/h1]

By Stephen A. Crockett Jr.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...938804c-f84d-11e1-8253-3f495ae70650_blog.html

It's time to wake up.

oh so its perfectly ok for louis vuitton to charge 800 bucks for a pair of loafers, but a black athlete endorses a shoe thats 290 and all of a sudden its a cultural problem?
people die everyday over things that a deemed valuable.... from sneakers to macbooks it doesn't matter lets be real .... if these were the air tom brady, fox news and the rest of the extreme right media wouldn't be making it a issue

kids die every day over laptops, ipods .... but it doesn't make the news
there is no difference between louis vuitton charging 800 and nike charging 300 .... its called capitalism

if you have something somebody wants, and they are willing to put a gun in your throat to get it, your gonna lose it
and no matter what we do its going to continue to happen, best thing you can do is protect yourself

oh so its perfectly ok for louis vuitton to charge 800 bucks for a pair of loafers, but a black athlete endorses a shoe thats 290 and all of a sudden its a cultural problem?
people die everyday over things that a deemed valuable.... from sneakers to macbooks it doesn't matter lets be real .... if these were the air tom brady, fox news and the rest of the extreme right media wouldn't be making it a issue
kids die every day over laptops, ipods .... but it doesn't make the news
there is no difference between louis vuitton charging 800 and nike charging 300 .... its called capitalism
if you have something somebody wants, and they are willing to put a gun in your throat to get it, your gonna lose it
and no matter what we do its going to continue to happen, best thing you can do is protect yourself
Whassup' man,

We had this discussion earlier, and a few respected people on this thread took issue with it, so I'll be quick in my reply to this.

The dissension has nothing to do with the Black athlete, it has everything to do with how Nike is using this black athlete, then marketing a three hundred dollar shoe in his name, toward those that may not be able to afford them. I made to mention in another thread that they do not sell these shoes in towns like Greenwich, Connecticut, but they will be available in places like Harlem NYC.

This, is the problem.

Louis Vuitton does not market toward a demo that cannot afford its items, but Nike does. 

Whassup' man,

We had this discussion earlier, and a few respected people on this thread took issue with it, so I'll be quick in my reply to this.

The dissension has nothing to do with the Black athlete, it has everything to do with how Nike is using this black athlete, then marketing a three hundred dollar shoe in his name, toward those that may not be able to afford them. I made to mention in another thread that they do not sell these shoes in towns like Greenwich, Connecticut, but they will be available in places like Harlem NYC.

This, is the problem.

Louis Vuitton does not market toward a demo that cannot afford its items, but Nike does. 

...and I'm again reminded why I love NikeTalk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom