Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
although i wont perform in mine,,,i guarantee this shoe will be a performance beast.
Please explain why. Make me a believer.
I asked rawdawg 34 this question, are you him?
Cushioning that has never been featured in any Nike shoe to start.
??
And I've been the first to say that people can ball in anything. But I like lighter shoes with zoom because that's what works FOR ME. If the shoes people wear work for them, who is anyone to say that they shouldn't wear them? You're not going to change people's minds, maybe make them aware to practices by shoes companies? If so then keep doing you but it sounds like you're trying to get people to stop buying Nike's when if that's what they want to wear then why keep ridiculing people that make this choice?
Here we are with another passive aggressive attempt in order to flame, then start an argument.

Supposedly, you stepped in for someone else, then answering the question I posed to him. 

I am still waiting for raw dawg to respond.

So you're saying by one shoe ripping in Blake Griffin's case, how many out of all the production of said shoes have ripped. If you want to be scientific, then a rather high amount out of 1000s of shoes should be "defective" in order for your judgment on all Nike's being inferior to be valid.
Not only Blake's shoe, but LeBron's as well. The Elite 9's failed the durability test miserably, as the many pics here on Nike Talk can attest.

Kobe only wore his Elites once, then never returning to them.

That doesn't speak very well of them.

Fair enough. But I'd still like to know how many pairs you've personally seen in comparison to all produced that are inferior so I can give you credit when you say Nike puts out an inferior product in terms of quality. If you don't like the materials used,mthats one thing. But if you're basing assumptions on a handful of samples out of a much larger sample size, then by science, you're argument holds no validity.

And those are 2 of the latest models with such problems. Still, on the large scale of things where I believe you denounced all of Nike's basketball footwear, I'd like to know how many you've been able to see out of the whole that support your argument. This is not to flame or be an a-hole. Its simple statistics that would make your stance seem much more reasonable than an overall assumption of a whole sector of a brand based on a handful of people on this site and what their experience was.

Fair enough. But I'd still like to know how many pairs you've personally seen in comparison to all produced that are inferior so I can give you credit when you say Nike puts out an inferior product in terms of quality. If you don't like the materials used,mthats one thing. But if you're basing assumptions on a handful of samples out of a much larger sample size, then by science, you're argument holds no validity.
The swoosh didn't stay on any of them. Even in the interview with Sole Collector, the designers said that they had a hard time putting it on there, as the metallic didn't fuse well with the plastic.
JP: A little bit of everything. At one point, we had full-length Zoom in the sockliner over the heel Air bag. Kevlar everywhere. Full Pro Combat. We had different construction stuff that we can’t really do otherwise normally. The Swoosh application even was crazy, and it was a treatment that was driving the factory nuts.

LC: J and I were in Taiwan working on this series, and we’d spend literally hours just working on different Swoosh solutions beyond just a flat TPU, a skin Swoosh or an embroidery that we normally do.
http://*************.com/news/interview-jason-petrie-leo-chang-detail-the-nike-lebron-9-elite/

They knew it would not stay on, and they still sold them.
And those are 2 of the latest models with such problems. Still, on the large scale of things where I believe you denounced all of Nike's basketball footwear, I'd like to know how many you've been able to see out of the whole that support your argument. This is not to flame or be an a-hole. Its simple statistics that would make your stance seem much more reasonable than an overall assumption of a whole sector of a brand based on a handful of people on this site and what their experience was.
I am still waiting on Raw Dawg 34's response. 

However, in regard to denouncing all of Nike Basketball footwear, that's not what I stated. Funny enough, their budget shoes are pretty well put together, including Durant's line, which are budget no more.

Last edited:
And i believe that nike only put high prices for profit and not to justify the "high performance material".
I remember when i bought the white elite 9 on rd for 250... wifey wS able to buy the black elite a week after at the outlet
For 199.... and they werent b grade... it was customer that apperently bought a bunch and returned them...
How ce they were 60 dollars less a week after???
I dont have anything against nike per say but m getting tired of their gimmicks....
Do u ever sit down n think dang m going to have children that prolly will want sneakers... hw much will you pay then?
Remember lebron sig shoes went from 110 to 290 on a 9 years span...

Are USA red swoosh going to release in $180 version or what? If i have to settle for the gold nike+ version @ $300, they will most likely be the only pair of X's i purchase. All the other colorways I can do without.

Last edited:
And i believe that nike only put high prices for profit and not to justify the "high performance material".
I remember when i bought the white elite 9 on rd for 250... wifey wS able to buy the black elite a week after at the outlet
For 199.... and they werent b grade... it was customer that apperently bought a bunch and returned them...

I dont have anything against nike per say but m getting tired of their gimmicks....
Do u ever sit down n think dang m going to have children that prolly will want sneakers... hw much will you pay then?

At Nikestores and outlets especially you have to realize that all of that is profit going straight to Nike instead of going through FTL or FNL or whoever, so there's probably quite a bit more leeway when it comes to markdowns and returns. Most vendors probably only pay about 50% of MSRP for their stock.

I dont mind the discussion piece, but I dont want the thread to get locked when the arguing gets to heated.

there is only one person going from thread to thread posting the same damn nonsense that makes threads a total mess. i dont even have to mention his name. I mean it would be cool to have some discussion about the shoes inthe thread title but somebody always has to bring up bs. And i see alot of you still havent learned because you arguing with him.

alot of the new members arent "hip" to this cats tired act so these threads shouldnt get locked up. that person should just be banned. but i think the new niketalk doesnt have a waiting period so i guess no point in banning him.

133810608.jpg

:rolleyes

Zoom Max has been used before. The only difference in this model from that of the II and III, is that the air bag is different. The shoe does not use full length zoom max either, as was previously advertised. The medial side of the system is different.

So, how does this make it a performance beast, guaranteed by someone who hasn't even played in them?

Just curious.
i still wouldnt say this zoom max is the same setup as the II's or III's because its not encased in plastic, which im quite sure gives a different feel and performance. Im sure it was regular full length zoom. Not zoom within an air max bag with the 4 pillars.

there is only one person going from thread to thread posting the same damn nonsense that makes threads a total mess. i dont even have to mention his name. I mean it would be cool to have some discussion about the shoes inthe thread title but somebody always has to bring up bs. And i see alot of you still havent learned because you arguing with him.
alot of the new members arent "hip" to this cats tired act so these threads shouldnt get locked up. that person should just be banned. but i think the new niketalk doesnt have a waiting period so i guess no point in banning him.

NobleKane, chill fam. This is a message board and AKA has toned things down - the conversation I'm seeing in all the various threads right now is similar to what happens on various automotive forums. People post opinions, mechanical problems or new cars and others discuss. More and more people not feeling the direction that Nike corporate is taking with their product line.

IMHO, this X is one of the weakest looking designs in ages. Rehashing the VIII silhouette and charging a 'premium' reeks of a cop-out.

Last edited:

Damn straight man!

No one is saying there can't be objective, open-minded debate. That's what makes this board great. But Mr. Adidas isn't the least bit open-minded or objective. He's here for one reason and one reason only: to bash Nike. And he makes the same points OVER, and OVER and OVER. You know what that makes him?? A troll.

Just imagine if any of us went to an Adidas board and pulled the stuff he does here. Yet none of us are pathetic enough to do that.

Please explain why. Make me a believer.

for starters...the zoom max unit is soft like the 8s max unit. it doesnt even have the super think insole and its close comfort wise to the 8. the zoom max unit is SUPER RESPONSIVE! bouncy even. the dynamic flywire directly connected to the laces creates a different lockdown feel. no gimmicky gridiron crap on the inside. i feel like putting that nike gridiron stuff in the 9 was a reach. and lastly, say what you will about the hyperfuse/plastic in comparison to true leather...yes leather makes you feel as though you got your moneys worth but hyperfuse performs better.

i find one statement hypocritical...and thats the statement that they wish the X was made with high quality leather like the 8v1 but then they want it to be a performance beast. yes, hyperfuse may be plastic or whatever and nike might be going that direction with alot of their basketball shoes, but it performs well. and the X hyperfuse is more leather like than ever before. its more flexible and seems to be durable as well.

i feel like one of the reasons why the 8 was soooo comfortable was the fact that the insert was super thick...the X maintains a comfort level similar to the 8 with a thin insert.

the X is so much like the 8 that it makes the 9 feel out of place. or maybe they just wanted to continue from the 8v3's inspiration?

just my .02

Last edited:
they kinda got parts of the lebron 8's and last year's hyperfuse....not feeling dem for $180....bt they look alot better than the kobe 8s

This might sound silly, but when you are marketing the most high profile athlete in his sport, to be the most dominate athlete that uses the most "elite" products; why would they settle on materials? Like when Jordan was playing he got top of the line everything. I wonder if this shoe was composed like the Hyperposite upper and had a Lunar sole with full length Zoom and double stacked in the heel and forefoot with Nike+ would this shoe still be $290 or like $390 for the "tech". What's interesting is by the time the X releases the Hyperdunk+ would have been out atleast a whole quarter with the same "tech" and is moving like what? Nike is always "innovating" something every year. But like every one else is saying I think they know how to "exploit" certain demographer for profit purposes. They know that Lebron sells regardless, worry about the morals after the check clears or on the next shoe. Considering reseller prices/profits I don't think people mind paying for what they want, I just think we want to know that it's not complete robbery. It's all about experience.

It IS complete robbery, but the consumer doesn't care, it has Lebron name on it, comes with super rad colors and has a limit tag on it = you'll buy it. The market for Lebrons is pretty small anyways, I can't remember the link but it's a drop of water in the ocean compare to the Jordan line.

Most of the Lebron IX didn't push units either, accept for about 3 or 4 (Big Bangs, Chinas and Miami Vices) and the lows probably took the worse of the sales too, so with the X, I'm sure all the cool colors/concepts are gonna get the Nike+ treatment (diamond-like encrusted swoosh) just so Nike can test how many thousands of us fools will bend over for em.

So Boost, if the shoe was made like I described above you do you think it would still be too much to ask? Or would you feel the price is justified given the product quality and materials?

for starters...the zoom max unit is soft like the 8s max unit. it doesnt even have the super think insole and its close comfort wise to the 8. the zoom max unit is SUPER RESPONSIVE! bouncy even. the dynamic flywire directly connected to the laces creates a different lockdown feel. no gimmicky gridiron crap on the inside. i feel like putting that nike gridiron stuff in the 9 was a reach. and lastly, say what you will about the hyperfuse/plastic in comparison to true leather...yes leather makes you feel as though you got your moneys worth but hyperfuse performs better.
i find one statement hypocritical...and thats the statement that they wish the X was made with high quality leather like the 8v1 but then they want it to be a performance beast. yes, hyperfuse may be plastic or whatever and nike might be going that direction with alot of their basketball shoes, but it performs well. and the X hyperfuse is more leather like than ever before. its more flexible and seems to be durable as well.
i feel like one of the reasons why the 8 was soooo comfortable was the fact that the insert was super thick...the X maintains a comfort level similar to the 8 with a thin insert.
the X is so much like the 8 that it makes the 9 feel out of place. or maybe they just wanted to continue from the 8v3's inspiration?
just my .02
That's a great write up. Now, have your worn them, played in them in order to quantify those statements?

Also, just because a cushioning unit is bouncy, does not mean that it's what you are calling super responsive. That also does not mean that it's being bouncy is a good thing either. If a cushioning system is too active, what happens is that the shoe then becomes too unstable upon descent, and then during deceleration, which is where most injuries occur.

One thing that I've found interesting about Nike these days, is that this new cushioning set up, also the one used on the 9, is never used on any other shoe in the Nike line up. If it were such a blast, why didn't they use the system on models that are NOT sigs, so that people who do not want to wear sig shoes, can try out this new TECH as well?

This is why I cannot say that Nike is a performance driven company anymore. People will complain about Adidas abandoning their tech, as in Pure Motion, Alive, and so forth, but Nike does the same exact thing, yet never making any improvements, but also using tech and not quality as their selling points.

I want to see more pics of the Cutting Jade colorway other than that the other colorway I was kinda feeling was the Silver and Orange ones.

That's a great write up. Now, have your worn them, played in them in order to quantify those statements?

Also, just because a cushioning unit is bouncy, does not mean that it's what you are calling super responsive. That also does not mean that it's being bouncy is a good thing either. If a cushioning system is too active, what happens is that the shoe then becomes too unstable upon descent, and then during deceleration, which is where most injuries occur.

One thing that I've found interesting about Nike these days, is that this new cushioning set up, also the one used on the 9, is never used on any other shoe in the Nike line up. If it were such a blast, why didn't they use the system on models that are NOT sigs, so that people who do not want to wear sig shoes, can try out this new TECH as well?

This is why I cannot say that Nike is a performance driven company anymore. People will complain about Adidas abandoning their tech, as in Pure Motion, Alive, and so forth, but Nike does the same exact thing, yet never making any improvements, but also using tech and not quality as their selling points.

Enlighten us as to how Adidas USES QUALITY as a selling point please. If they have "abandoned" their tech, then what is Adidas selling that is better than Nike? Also, please scientifically or definitively prove that Adidas quality is superior to or surpasses Nike's on A) Their most expensive price point shoe, B) Their "mid-range" priced shoe and C) Their lower price point shoe.

Is it safe to say that you can scientifically and without question prove that all Nike athletes who wear their basketball product would be unable to "blow out" or damage an Adidas shoe or is it POSSIBLE that the same if not worse would happen if Blake. Kobe, or Lebron wore say a Crazy light or D-rose sig version?

You say quality lacks, and Nike is bending everyone over and laughing about it, so please provide something other than an article link to without question prove that Adidas or any other brand for that matter isn't doing the very same thing. Yeah, I am sure Reebok really can justify selling all the zig-tech crap in their lineup for the price they do, and for that matter, adidas probably putting Howard's shoe in walmart, menards, and Costco huh? I will expect to see D-rose's 3rd sig up in Meijer, Dollar General, and Aldi soon as well.

Rip on quality all you want, but don't try and manipulate the reality which is that most companies, whether they be shoe related, clothing related, consumer good related will skimp on quality whenever and wherever possible to improve their bottom line. Certain companies, like Patagonia for example, stand behind their quality and really emphasize that aspect of their product- but the flipside to that, is they have a loyal customer base that doesn't mind paying a premium for their product. They may be able to get cheaper, flashier, and trendier product, elsewhere, but they stick with a company like Patagonia because they really stand by (see their warranty and return/repair policy) their quality product.

I enjoy the different colors, but I'm interested in seeing what's going to be available on a GR scale. Like the Black/White-Red Grey and the White/Red-Black Platinum Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom