[::Official ROCKETS @ LAKERS - GAME 7 - 12:30pm PT - SUNDAY - 5/17 - ABC::]

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Originally Posted by enrique23

if i were the rockets, id trade both mcgrady and yao. you guys are clearly better without them

trade them for a couple of hard working players and you guys will be a contender next year
asking role players to step up and play really hard for a couple games is one thing, but doing it for a whole season is another

every team needs a reliable scoring option to be a contender.

Yao provides that. And even T-Mac if he can regain his old form.

I doubt Brooks and Scola can carry the rockets for an entire season
laugh.gif
Yes. If the surgery goes well, T-mac can still be a star.

Hopefully the game is competitive from beginning to end. With the Lakers being at home, I think they find a way to get the win. I expect Kobe to shoot aminimum of 10 free throws. The fact that this series has gone to 7 games speaks volumes about both teams. Rick Adelman has definitely out coached Phillip thisseries.

Originally Posted by Basketballsavant

Hopefully the game is competitive from beginning to end. With the Lakers being at home, I think they find a way to get the win. I expect Kobe to shoot a minimum of 10 free throws. The fact that this series has gone to 7 games speaks volumes about both teams. Rick Adelman has definitely out coached Phillip this series.
doc rivers last year, larry brown 2004, jerry sloan this year (even though we won the series but to blow big leads in the 4th not just one gamebut in all 5 games we did c'mon felipe) have all outcoached phil recently...i love phil and all but stuff hes been saying like its just one game...wereokay...#!*?...i know you can say things like that in chicago with mj/pippen and other veterans same for LA with shaq/kobe and veteran role players with horryand fox but c'mon phil you cant do this with your current Laker team...you get paid good money to show why you are the best coach and why you are themaster motivator

sorry just my cup of tea with phil right now

if i were the rockets, id trade both mcgrady and yao. you guys are clearly better without them

trade them for a couple of hard working players and you guys will be a contender next year

no they are not better they match up better with us without them.
grin.gif

i mean would you say the bobcats are better them the cavs because they beat the brakes off us all the time
tired.gif
or were the hawks better than us last season because they took the celtics togame 7 and we got smashed in 6? its all about match ups in sports.

Think most people expect the Lakers to win but if they lose......... this thread is gonna be EPIC!!!

No less than 200 pages if The Rockets get a W

I would like to see Aaron Brooks comw out in his old Oregon jersey and drop 35, then i'd like our chances

i disagree with the yao part.... i think this series is smoke and mirrors. i think the rockets are made to look good cuz the lakers are sleepwalking in this series. the rockets aren;t that great of a team... same thing like last year with atlanta and boston. everyone though atlanta was gonna makenoise this season cuz they took boston to 7 games last year. and that was only cuz the celtics were sleep walking in that series..... i expect LA to wake upand win by 20+

Rockets WILL win depending on refs. If Joey Crawford is anywhere around I think we will lose. His record for LA at home for 2008 and this year in the playoffsis 7-1 and without him its 14-10. This tells you something.

Win or Lose L.A. gonna be the squad i root for..[ since the nic van excel, eddie jones days]

I was feelin nervous, but its like w/e now....

I feel like the lakers will win by 10+ but in sports you never know...

IF they lose i just hope they make some good offseason moves..

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

i disagree with the yao part.... i think this series is smoke and mirrors. i think the rockets are made to look good cuz the lakers are sleep walking in this series. the rockets aren;t that great of a team... same thing like last year with atlanta and boston. everyone though atlanta was gonna make noise this season cuz they took boston to 7 games last year. and that was only cuz the celtics were sleep walking in that series..... i expect LA to wake up and win by 20+
they win 65-70% of their games without yao for the past 4 years.

Man tomorrow is true test for the Lakers. I hope we pass.

If we do lose I think this would be a bigger upset then GoldenState vs Dallas a few year back.

ill possibly be in attendance tomorrow if everything goes according to plan, one of my former coworkers girlfriends dad gave him 2 tickets in the 200'ssection and both him and his girl have work tomorrow im going to buy the tickets off him tonight when he gets off. i hope i hope i hope this goes according toplan and he doesn't flake. he doesn't care much about basketball so its looking good for me

JordanHead2 wrote:
enrique23 wrote:

alien.gif
Yao is a hardworker

yes he is but we all know that he and t-mac are very injury-prone

edit-
Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

no they are not better they match up better with us without them.
grin.gif

i mean would you say the bobcats are better them the cavs because they beat the brakes off us all the time
tired.gif
or were the hawks better than us last season because they took the celtics to game 7 and we got smashed in 6? its all about match ups in sports.

yeah, you're right. my bad

i still would trade them though just because i'm pretty sure that they wouldn't be able to go through an entire post season without them gettinginjured

interesting entry from richard justice twitter, he's a houston writer, so take it for what it's worth

laugh.gif
sasha and von never got along as teammates, doesnt surprise me

When Von Wafer has entered a game, the Lakers have countered with Sasha Vujacic, who has done a great jobgetting under Von's skin.about 3 hours ago from web

I'm at Lakers practice facility, and just let me say the vibes are very negative. I wouldn't besurprised if they forfeited.about 9 hours ago from TwitterBerry

------
i have a feeling kobe gonna get his pts. whether it take 40fgas or 20, he's gonna get those numbers. are the supporting for the lakers going to lean onkobe to do all the lifting?

if the rockets win = nt crashes
laugh.gif

I predict this game will have a lot of conspiracy theories going on if the game is close and the Lakers win. As bad as the refs has been in this series. Iwouldn't be surprised on anything that may go on.

Im mad shook for tomorrow..... i feel like We'll take it cuz its at home but I dunno what Laker team will show up... Rockets r def. gonna bring it too thocuz they got nothin to lose really, pressures on us

Let's get it Lakeshow
pimp.gif

I posted this in the other thread, but this vid pretty much sums it all up.

Best of one series now.� Everything prior means jack. Anything can happen.

Win or lose, a great effort by this Rockets team through and through.

Many didn't think they'd make it out of the first round, they did.� For the first time in 12 years.� Even more didn't think this would be much of aseries, and the Rockets came in and stole game 1 in LA.� Yao goes down, and the series was all but wrapped up.� Instead, the Rockets won two out of the nextthree.� As a result, the series now hinders on a game 7, where very few envisioned this series going.� The Rockets can do the unthinkable and knock out theLakers tomorrow afternoon.� It would truly be, one of the biggest NBA upsets ever. .....or they could get blown out by 30.�

Either way, it's been a great ride and I'm proud of these dudes.�
pimp.gif

I don't even know what I'd do if they pull off the win.
laugh.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by travman24

Man tomorrow is true test for the Lakers. I hope we pass.

If we do lose I think this would be a bigger upset then GoldenState vs Dallas a few year back.
how sad that this is a test. injury-depleted team that we beat 4 times in the regular season. a team full of role players is not a test for theLakers.

sad but true

Back
Top Bottom