[::Official ROCKETS @ LAKERS - GAME 7 - 12:30pm PT - SUNDAY - 5/17 - ABC::]

Well I'll start off by saying that this has been an entertaining series, althoughthey're haven't been any really close games per say, it has been very enjoyable to watch.

Now no one gave my team a chance to begin with. Everyone outside of Houston had this series asa lock for the Lakers. But much to the chagrin of everyone outside of Rocket's fans, Houston has put up one hell of a fight. I'm not surprised one bitby what this team has been able to do, maybe some of you are, but I know how resilient and tough this team is. I know that they'll never half- %*! it outthere on the court. I know that they'll prepare and come to play every night. I know what they're capable of--great things. Ingame 1 we took home court. In game 2, after the Lakers first wake-up call, the Rockets played pretty well to win but came up shorthanded. In game 3 we flat outgot beat and lost our best player in the process. In game 4 we rallied around the loss of Yao and played off pure emotion and grit, taking it to the Lakersfrom the start. In game 5 we got our !#**% handed to us. In game 6 we said F what everyone thinks about this team and we went out thereand proved that game 4 wasn't a fluke. In game 7 there is no doubt in my mind that we will leave it all out there on the court. Will that be enough? Wellthat's undetermined. It's obvious who the favorite is and who SHOULD win. But the beauty of sports is how unpredictable thingscan be, yes the NBA is fairly predictable unlike college basketball, yet this a great story of a TEAM, that plays the game the right way. It's a team that continues to defy the odds and prove everyone wrong. Now we've come to a point in the series we're it's truly win or gohome. I'm as amped as can be and I can't wait for this game to tip-off.

My keys to the game:

1. Scola must get the ball in the post and continue his great play. Withthe absence of Yao he can be that post presence we need at times.

2. Brooks must be able to penetrate wreak havoc and create shots for his teammates. In game 5 Ididn't see that same aggressive Brooks I saw in gm. 4 and 6. He has out to come and attack the Lakers defense. As far I'm concerned as Brooks goes wego. Also brooks must not get to dribble happy, at times he dribbles the ball way too much and we're forced to take bad shots with little time on the shotclock.

3. Ron has to show up and shoot well from the field. And if his shotisn't falling then take the ball to the basket. I'm tired of seeing him rely on his jump shot. He has to post up and take it to the rim every once in awhile. When he's out there bricking shots, he's just a black hole in the offense.

4. Battier just has to keep doin' work on the defensive end

5. Landry, Lowry, and Wafer must all come and give energy. Lowry is usually reliable. Landrysometimes comes and goes. But he looks like his old explosive self before his was shot. I'd like to see him keep that energy and tenacity he played with ingame 6 and game 2. Wafer is the most inconsistent of the three but he has to give us something. I know he what he's capable of but he can't let Sashairritate him.

6. Keep your turnovers down. Every time we turn the ball over it's a guaranteed two points(or three) for the Lakers, especially at home.

7. Lastly, play with everything you got. What we can't do is let ourselves get too caughtup in the emotion of the game. We have to play with our heart but keep our heads in the game at the same time.

Good luck to both teams. Whoever is the victor deserves it, although if the Lakers win somewill say they should have taken care of this series a long time ago, which they shouldn't say because that would discredit the Rockets. If the Rockets win I would hate to hear how the Lakers LOST this series. If they win it's because they were the better team,plain and simple. I picked them in 7and hopefully my prediction comes to fruition. If it doesn't I'm still proud of my team forwhat they've been able to do.

Scola having another game of his life is pretty unlikely

I'm more confident that Gasol and Kobe will have great games than Scola and Brooks playing at a Hall of Fame level again

Houston has to play perfect to win, which will be tough

but I am prepared for a Lakers blowout, but I'm nervous because anything can happen

man im nervous as hell right now. man if we lose, it gonna be a real mess. but i believe that we will win. let's go lakers

OMG IM LOSING SLEEP OVER THIS GAME!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

d563d5b39e07f1cc9fa31f288ff6a875-getty-86316921bb001_lakers_rockets.jpg

10982-004-915C26FA.jpg

Originally Posted by blackxme

Well I'll start off by saying that this has been an entertaining series, although they're haven't been any really close games per say, it has been very enjoyable to watch.

Now no one gave my team a chance to begin with. Everyone outside of Houston had this series as a lock for the Lakers. But much to the chagrin of everyone outside of Rocket's fans, Houston has put up one hell of a fight. I'm not surprised one bit by what this team has been able to do, maybe some of you are, but I know how resilient and tough this team is. I know that they'll never half- %*! it out there on the court. I know that they'll prepare and come to play every night. I know what they're capable of--great things. In game 1 we took home court. In game 2, after the Lakers first wake-up call, the Rockets played pretty well to win but came up shorthanded. In game 3 we flat out got beat and lost our best player in the process. In game 4 we rallied around the loss of Yao and played off pure emotion and grit, taking it to the Lakers from the start. In game 5 we got our !#**% handed to us. In game 6 we said F what everyone thinks about this team and we went out there and proved that game 4 wasn't a fluke. In game 7 there is no doubt in my mind that we will leave it all out there on the court. Will that be enough? Well that's undetermined. It's obvious who the favorite is and who SHOULD win. But the beauty of sports is how unpredictable things can be, yes the NBA is fairly predictable unlike college basketball, yet this a great story of a TEAM, that plays the game the right way. It's a team that continues to defy the odds and prove everyone wrong. Now we've come to a point in the series we're it's truly win or go home. I'm as amped as can be and I can't wait for this game to tip-off.

My keys to the game:

1. Scola must get the ball in the post and continue his great play. With the absence of Yao he can be that post presence we need at times.

2. Brooks must be able to penetrate wreak havoc and create shots for his teammates. In game 5 I didn't see that same aggressive Brooks I saw in gm. 4 and 6. He has out to come and attack the Lakers defense. As far I'm concerned as Brooks goes we go. Also brooks must not get to dribble happy, at times he dribbles the ball way too much and we're forced to take bad shots with little time on the shot clock.

3. Ron has to show up and shoot well from the field. And if his shot isn't falling then take the ball to the basket. I'm tired of seeing him rely on his jump shot. He has to post up and take it to the rim every once in a while. When he's out there bricking shots, he's just a black hole in the offense.

4. Battier just has to keep doin' work on the defensive end

5. Landry, Lowry, and Wafer must all come and give energy. Lowry is usually reliable. Landry sometimes comes and goes. But he looks like his old explosive self before his was shot. I'd like to see him keep that energy and tenacity he played with in game 6 and game 2. Wafer is the most inconsistent of the three but he has to give us something. I know he what he's capable of but he can't let Sasha irritate him.

6. Keep your turnovers down. Every time we turn the ball over it's a guaranteed two points (or three) for the Lakers, especially at home.

7. Lastly, play with everything you got. What we can't do is let ourselves get too caught up in the emotion of the game. We have to play with our heart but keep our heads in the game at the same time.

Good luck to both teams. Whoever is the victor deserves it, although if the Lakers win some will say they should have taken care of this series a long time ago, which they shouldn't say because that would discredit the Rockets. If the Rockets win I would hate to hear how the Lakers LOST this series. If they win it's because they were the better team, plain and simple. I picked them in 7and hopefully my prediction comes to fruition. If it doesn't I'm still proud of my team for what they're been able to do.
That's a lot of keys to the game for Houston...

There only one key for the Lakers: SHOW THE #*@* UP!

If that happens its over.

so it looks like im going to the game tmrw...so last minute!!...bought at ticketsmaster....were leaving at 3am...holla!...go Lakers!!

3:30 needs to get here. I woke up around 7 and havent been able to fall back aleep. i need something to kill time
laugh.gif

Man I'm nervous as hell.

Like I said in the season thread, I haven't been this nervous since Game 6 of the 2002 WCF.

It's honestly like I have a make or break exam tomorrow and I haven't studied...pretty sad, but that's how I am with the LAkers.

Not gonna analyze this further. We all know what the Lakers need to do to win, we all know what the Rockets need to do to win...let's get this over anddone with. Game time can't come any sooner
smh.gif

Man I can't wait for the game. Im watching a NBA 2K9 simulation of the game right now with the correct line ups and everything. Lakers have a double digithalf-time lead
happy.gif

Word I'm up early too. And good breakdown black.

Lakers 7-1 the past 2 years in the playoffs with Crawford at the helm. Only loss being Game 6 in the Finals last year. 14-10 without him.

Crawford was the one who reffed Game 2 too.

If Chuck gets two quick ones I'm throwing my remote through the TV
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Joey Crawford is reffing.

..Expect two quick fouls on Chuck Hayes early. SMH
lets not make this about the ref's..before the game even starts..

The ref's have been crap and will always be the same...

They called some of these games way too ticky-tack, but both teams have benefitted from that..

I can guarantee i wont blame the ref's because L.A. shouldnt even be in this situation in the first place...

It starts and ends with your team...

I got game 6 on my DVR, I'm just going to go ahead and watch that
pimp.gif
.And see what else I can do til' 2:30.

I'm the last one to blame the refs, but Houston fans just don't like Crawford. He's always quick to call fouls on our bigs. Yao included. EvenHouston's GM Darryl Morey had a no comment on the dude in an interview before Game 2.

It does start and end with our team, so we'll see how it shakes out.

Back
Top Bottom