:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2010-2011 Regular Season Thread-Sing Fired:::

So i was thinking... we usually get off to a good start to the season and then fold as the season progresses.. Sooo maybe we are doing the opposite this year?.. Wishful thinking?
laugh.gif

Every year I usually am optimistic week 1 about having a great season ahead of us, but this year I truly, honestly believed we had the best squad in years, yet we are failing miserable so far.

If we dont win this game on Sunday, I think the playoffs will be a stretch. Even in the NFC West.

Anyone see that Michael Lewis just left the team because Taylor Mays will start for the rest of the season

Anyone see that Michael Lewis just left the team because Taylor Mays will start for the rest of the season

Originally Posted by mykeeubz

the hell? really? link please

the hell? really? link please

in before roddie white gets 200+ yards receiving

in before roddie white gets 200+ yards receiving

[h1]Niners safety Lewis misses practice for personal reasons[/h1]
Veteran safety Michael Lewis might not be in the San Francisco 49ers' gameplan for their Week 4 matchup against the Atlanta Falcons, and, if he has his way, may not play another down for the 49ers.

Lewis has reportedly lost trust in the Niners organization and has asked for his release, according to the Sacramento Bee. The veteran safety did not attend practice Friday and isn't expected to travel with the team to Atlanta, according to the Bee.

CoachMike Singletary said Lewis' reason for missing practice was personal.When asked if Lewis' absence was related to football, Singletarydeclined to elaborate.

"I don't want to go into whether it'sfootball or family," Singletary said. "I don't want to go into that.Anything you want to find out about that, you'll have to talk to Mike."

Lewis,30, has started all 50 games in which he has appeared with the 49ers.The veteran took a pay cut to remain with San Francisco for a fourthseason. He played his first five seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles.

"Itold him to go ahead and do what you have to do," Singletary said. "Asfar as whether he'll make the trip or not, I'm not sure at this point.It depends on if things get worked out or not."

Singletary didn't confirm if safety Taylor Mays would get the bulk of the playing time if Lewis is out.
[table][tr][td]
NFL Audio Pass

Don't miss any of the action with NFL Audio Pass, which gives you access to every game's radio calls. Find out more here.
[/td] [/tr][/table]
"It means that you haveto wait and see how things work out," he said. "You know, Taylor justhas to be ready, as he is, every week and if he gets the chance to playa little extra, then great. We'll see how it works out."

On Wednesday, Singletary denied an NFL Network report that Lewis and veteran linebacker Takeo Spikes were on the verge of being benched, saying there would be no lineup changes this week.

Obviously, that could change depending how the Lewis saga plays out.

"Idon't want to get into, 'If he were here,' and all that stuff,"Singletary said. "All I know is he's not here for personal reasons."

[h1]Niners safety Lewis misses practice for personal reasons[/h1]
Veteran safety Michael Lewis might not be in the San Francisco 49ers' gameplan for their Week 4 matchup against the Atlanta Falcons, and, if he has his way, may not play another down for the 49ers.

Lewis has reportedly lost trust in the Niners organization and has asked for his release, according to the Sacramento Bee. The veteran safety did not attend practice Friday and isn't expected to travel with the team to Atlanta, according to the Bee.

CoachMike Singletary said Lewis' reason for missing practice was personal.When asked if Lewis' absence was related to football, Singletarydeclined to elaborate.

"I don't want to go into whether it'sfootball or family," Singletary said. "I don't want to go into that.Anything you want to find out about that, you'll have to talk to Mike."

Lewis,30, has started all 50 games in which he has appeared with the 49ers.The veteran took a pay cut to remain with San Francisco for a fourthseason. He played his first five seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles.

"Itold him to go ahead and do what you have to do," Singletary said. "Asfar as whether he'll make the trip or not, I'm not sure at this point.It depends on if things get worked out or not."

Singletary didn't confirm if safety Taylor Mays would get the bulk of the playing time if Lewis is out.
[table][tr][td]
NFL Audio Pass

Don't miss any of the action with NFL Audio Pass, which gives you access to every game's radio calls. Find out more here.
[/td] [/tr][/table]
"It means that you haveto wait and see how things work out," he said. "You know, Taylor justhas to be ready, as he is, every week and if he gets the chance to playa little extra, then great. We'll see how it works out."

On Wednesday, Singletary denied an NFL Network report that Lewis and veteran linebacker Takeo Spikes were on the verge of being benched, saying there would be no lineup changes this week.

Obviously, that could change depending how the Lewis saga plays out.

"Idon't want to get into, 'If he were here,' and all that stuff,"Singletary said. "All I know is he's not here for personal reasons."

He must have known this was coming when we drafted Mays...
Anyway, I'm excited to see what he can do given the opportunity.  He's only going to get better the more he plays

He must have known this was coming when we drafted Mays...
Anyway, I'm excited to see what he can do given the opportunity.  He's only going to get better the more he plays

I had faith that we were going to turn this ship around.....even if we start 0-4. But now that Singletary has lost this team, I think the season itself is lost too.

I had faith that we were going to turn this ship around.....even if we start 0-4. But now that Singletary has lost this team, I think the season itself is lost too.

Originally Posted by dland24

i lost faith after he named alex smith starter for this season

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

I lost faith when the 49ers biggest QB signing this offseason was bust #2 David Carr, to back up bust #1 Alex Smith.  Although the QBing this season isn't getting any prettier with Troy Smith and Nate Davis as your other backups.  It's back to the drawing board with the QB position after this season.  

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

I lost faith when the 49ers biggest QB signing this offseason was bust #2 David Carr, to back up bust #1 Alex Smith.  Although the QBing this season isn't getting any prettier with Troy Smith and Nate Davis as your other backups.  It's back to the drawing board with the QB position after this season.  

Luck in 2011
smokin.gif

Told you guys you cannot trust these 9ers, no matter how they look on paper....

:lol:l

Luck in 2011
smokin.gif

Told you guys you cannot trust these 9ers, no matter how they look on paper....

:lol:l

Back
Top Bottom