:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Anyone who is spending money to purchase a jersey just to film themselves burning it is mentally handicapped.  Kap or whoever's jersey it may be.  So stupid.
No one is spending money to purchase a jersey just to film themselves burning it, the people filming themselves burning their jerseys bought them in 2012 and started burning them in 2014 and 2015 over Kaep's poor play then less people did again in 2016 over the national anthem incident. Honestly though half the posts claiming to be from 2016 were really just reposts of the videos from 2014 and 2015 trying to mislead people into thinking more people were burning them then really were. 

The reason why his jersey selling so quick right now is that his new SJW status is trending hard. J Cole & Trey Songz were spotted wearing his jersey onstage at separate concerts over the weekend, Barrack Obama even spoke on Kaepernick that's the reason his jersey is selling so hard right now. Kaep probably one of few QB's currently listed as backup to be a top topic "trending" on Twitter while not starting over bad play.

I'd prefer if his jerseys were selling out for stellar play at QB like they were in 2012 and 2013 but I guess selling jerseys is selling jerseys
eyes.gif

Last edited:
On another Kaep note tho big ups to Kaep if he really donates 1 million of this year's salary to charity, living in California Kaep is one of the highest taxed QB's in the league (53.8% income tax!) so after taxes at the maximum he takes home less than 5.5 of that 11 million he makes this year. If he really gives away 1 mil after that he's giving 20% of his remaining salary after taxes away. 

That's a lot and I know people clowned him for being a millionaire athlete speaking on social justice but if he really ponies up 1 mil he is for sure putting his money where his mouth is. I don't think any of the people hating on him out there would give up 20% of their total salary after taxes toward a good cause and change. 

My mom grew up in Dover, Delaware across the street from Wesley College where Callahan played D3 school.

Much props to that kid defying the odds. Can really throw that rock too. He has a shot for sure.

Delaware in the house. Have a friend that played with Callahan at Wesley

Shoutout the prophet in here who told us months ago Bruce Miller was poised for a big year.

I need those Week 1 picks player.

Shoutout the prophet in here who told us months ago Bruce Miller was poised for a big year.
Who predicted Bruce Miller was poised for a big year? 
laugh.gif

When Chip got hired I knew Bruce-Bruce was in trouble because Chip doesn't use a FB.

I was really rooting for Bruce to make the transition to TE but definitely didn't see him ready to have a "big year", I was ready to be happy if he made teh team at all.

Then against the odds he made the team and ***** everything up by whoopin *** at the wharf. 
mean.gif

Anyone who is spending money to purchase a jersey just to film themselves burning it is mentally handicapped.  Kap or whoever's jersey it may be.  So stupid.
No one is spending money to purchase a jersey just to film themselves burning it, the people filming themselves burning their jerseys bought them in 2012 and started burning them in 2014 and 2015 over Kaep's poor play then less people did again in 2016 over the national anthem incident. Honestly though half the posts claiming to be from 2016 were really just reposts of the videos from 2014 and 2015 trying to mislead people into thinking more people were burning them then really were. 

The reason why his jersey selling so quick right now is that his new SJW status is trending hard. J Cole & Trey Songz were spotted wearing his jersey onstage at separate concerts over the weekend, Barrack Obama even spoke on Kaepernick that's the reason his jersey is selling so hard right now. Kaep probably one of few QB's currently listed as backup to be a top topic "trending" on Twitter while not starting over bad play.

I'd prefer if his jerseys were selling out for stellar play at QB like they were in 2012 and 2013 but I guess selling jerseys is selling jerseys
eyes.gif

Bro....I was responding to a post.  Relax.

Agree with your last statement though.  

But some of the tackles that have given me hard times, I feel like Trent Brown has a very bright future in the National Football League. He’s 6’8, he knows how to use his arms, knows how to use his wingspan, he has length. So I feel like, he’s young, and people haven’t really seen him, but I feel like he’s one of the better tackles in the National Football League.
Von Miller talking about the mountain, Trent Brown

excerpt from this video here at 3:21

if trent gets his hands on you, IT'S A WRAP! you might as well sit out the rest of the play.

baalke hit a barry bonds type homer at old yankee stadium with trent brown

34nkzmq.gif

Last edited:
If he's getting praise from Von MIller that is huge but my biggest issue with Baalke of late is that these types of picks have been few and far between while the glaring majority have not worked out. 

He's drafted 7 ACL projects and nly Carradine and Reaser will be on the 53-man roster. 
tired.gif

i agree with the ACL projects, but i disagree on "few and far between". go revisit his drafts. every draft has netted players except 1. we were essentially an expansion team after the mass exodus following 2014. 

the best GMs in the history of the game bat .300 in the NFL. this mean if your draft nets 3 players out of 10 picks, you're among the best. 

some context here. this is the mighty seattle seahawks GM john schneider's drafts the last 3 years:

scott mcclueless was GM for 2 seasons. here are his picks for those 2 drafts:

sick.gif

there's more to being a GM than just drafting. cap management, free agent, managing upcoming contracts, etc. how quickly people forgot what cap hell means around here.

Last edited:
You are right but often times perception is more important than reality. For example the Seahawks draft picks may have not panned out well but because they are still a playoff contender their GM is safe. Despite the reality that they haven't drafted especially well the perception of them being a "good" team mean no one is calling for his head.

The magnifying glass and the guillotine are hovering over Trent Baalke right now because not only have many of his draft picks not worked out but he is also GM of one of the worst teams in the NFL presently. The reality of him being GM of a "bad" team adds to the perception that it  his fault.

After all, when things go bad in the NFL it is always someone's fault. Someone's head has to roll. After 2014 it was Greg Roman/Harbaugh's fault so they fired them. After 2015 it was Tomsula and Geep Chryst's fault so they fired them. With Chip in place I think that if there is no upswing in the value of Baalke's picks and we have another with another bad season Trent Baalke will be fired. I don't think the front office or the fanbase are ready to swallow 4 different head coaches in 4 years so IMHO Baalke is standing atop thin ice on a warm day. 

Last edited:
Who predicted Bruce Miller was poised for a big year? :lol:

When Chip got hired I knew Bruce-Bruce was in trouble because Chip doesn't use a FB.

I was really rooting for Bruce to make the transition to TE but definitely didn't see him ready to have a "big year", I was ready to be happy if he made teh team at all.

Then against the odds he made the team and ***** everything up by whoopin *** at the wharf. :smh:
Somebody in here was talkin bout Bruce Miller was gonna have a pivotal role in the offense and how he sees him as a guy with good hands and speed. Prolly like 50 pages back this thread has so much movement.

im just F'in with him can't remember who it was.

A TD pass away from winning it all to being one of the worst team in Football 3 yrs later baalke is on thin ice if this doesnt pan out

I don't think so and I hope not. One major theme of his story was changing positions from linebacker to defensive end to special teams to fullback throughout his career. Since Miller has been taking snaps at the TE position this offseason I would assume this is him talking about how it is almost natural for him to change positions as well as to talk up the motivation and drive he uses to make those changes. 

I said this on here a month or two ago but IMHO Bruce Miller is a great athlete, he's a natural that can play a lot of positions well, and losing him would be a mistake. I understand that Chip Kelly doesn't use a fullback in his schemes but I also believe Miller could make it as a TE on the final 53. Like he said in his story, and like I mentioned in my previous post here re: Miller, his first TD was a beautiful 30 yard bomb from Alex Smith. He's definitely got the hands for TE and I think with his FB ball handling skills he would be good for short passes near the line of scrimmage picking up yards after completion. I also think he has a big enough body and physical enough play style to bump off linebackers or corners in coverage on medium pass plays.

Not to mention his size, experience, and familiarity with defensive line plays as a former DE and LB would probably play well into any run-blocking schemes they could employ him in. 

I would love to see McDonald taking the #1 TE position, Miller at the #2, and Celek at #3. 
Brah it was you hahahah. You were just F'in with me I guess.

Well played.

i agree with the ACL projects, but i disagree on "few and far between". go revisit his drafts. every draft has netted players except 1. we were essentially an expansion team after the mass exodus following 2014. 

the best GMs in the history of the game bat .300 in the NFL. this mean if your draft nets 3 players out of 10 picks, you're among the best. 

some context here. this is the mighty seattle seahawks GM john schneider's drafts the last 3 years:

View media item 2156992

scott mcclueless was GM for 2 seasons. here are his picks for those 2 drafts:

View media item 2157008

:x

there's more to being a GM than just drafting. cap management, free agent, managing upcoming contracts, etc. how quickly people forgot what cap hell means around here.
That Kentwan Ballmer pic was maddening to say the least. SMH

[thread="580987"]the good news is we have football that matters in 6 days.[/thread]
[thread="580987"] [/thread]
[thread="580987"]time to fire up the grills[/thread]
[thread="580987"]marinate the carne asada[/thread]
[thread="580987"]stock up on the beer, tequilla and trees[/thread]
[thread="580987"]click up with your company of choice[/thread]
[thread="580987"]rep that red and gold til were dead and cold [/thread]
[thread="580987"]let's get it :nthat: [/thread]

Literally doing all of this :lol: hat

Going to have to drink some coffee on Monday to watch the entire Niners game lol. 

Excited to see this team, even if they are predicted to be garbage.

How I felt growing up a Warriors fan lol 

greg papa on 95.7 right now talking about how we might surprise a lot of people with our running attack, and how talented our O-line looks, particularly one player: trent brown

"very quietly they've got an offensive line that is impressive and BIG..."

almost 700 lbs of beef that can move on the right side alone 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom