:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
maybe mike purcell aint really that bad, but rather, it's jim oneil system that is pure trash

Reports that niners and eagles still holding discussion over Torrey smith, but the teams are rounds apart on a trade. Niners want a third; Eagles offering a fifth.

LOL

ME: How do you assess the gap integrity along the D-Line in particular?

“I don’t know what you mean by that.”

ME: How would you assess each individual defensive lineman and their ability to maintain their responsibility in their gap? If you ask, say, Buckner, to be responsible for the B-gap. Is he doing that?

“Yeah. Yeah.”

any football coach knows selling out to stop the run is something that can be remedied through coaching. it's called gap integrity. you plug and overcompensate for every single gap at the expense of your secondary. you essentially leave them alone to fend themselves. however, jim o'neil can't even do this. the worst DC in the history of the organization, and in the discussion for worst in NFL history.

seems like he refuses to deviate from his dumbass "guessing scheme", and teach old-school basic gap integrity.
i should have known.

we should've took anything we could've gotten for Torrey.
As much as we need a shake up and some picks Torrey Smith for a 5th rounder would be a super weak trade for us, I'd say 90% we're not gonna get a bigger difference maker than Smith out of a 5th rounder. 

And if we had traded Smith away who does our new franchise QB throw the football to? Smith is one of the only eligible receivers on our team not named Kerley who can get open on a consistent basis.

I've said this before I'll say it again, trading Smith or Staley would have been the dumbest move because sure, we'd get the picks, but we would 1. cripple our pass protection (we don't even have an active player to replace Staley's position) and 2. make our horrible WR corp even worse.

I believe we need Staley to protect our new franchise QB and Smith to get open for him to pass to. 

Not to mention we have Staley on a pretty good contract

Draft, sign, or trade for a good QB and Staley and Smith's value and contributions to the team will increase threefold. 

Keep and improve upon what works (Hyde, Staley, Smith, Bowman, Brown, D4 Buck, Kerley, Draughn) get rid of what doesn't (Kaep, Gabbert, Jim ONeil, a few of the Ellington/Patton/Smelter/White scrubs, maybe LB coach), look to improve the skill positions in free agency and draft (QB, WR, TE) as well as take looks at an LB and this team can and will turn around in the near future. 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
well said @heatseeker23

corey davis WR 6'3" 215 lbs - good size, smooth routes, and that second gear to run after the catch that chip loves his receivers to have.

corey davis is balling right now. he's playing himself into the first round. we might have to look elsewhere for a WR.
nerd.gif

could change after the season, but Luke Falk says he'd stay in school if he were to make his decision right now:
 I don’t know where the sources are coming from at all. If anybody knows me, I focus on one day at a time and focus on helping my team win. If I had to make a decision right now, I’d say I’m definitely staying
1st round options: Kizer, Watson and Trubisky
2nd/3rd round options: Mahomes, Kaaya and Kelly

I am very disappointed in Watson. I thought for sure this guy would take the next step this season and establish himself as the undisputed top QB in this draft. Instead, he's made disconcerting mistakes over and over again this year. I have serious concerns in regards to his vision of the field and decision-making.

how are we supposed to invest a top-5 pick on you when you're doing **** like this: 

unacceptable. 

Last edited:
EAST LANSING, Mich.  - Another day, another vintage Jim Harbaugh moment.

Saturday was Harbaugh's first trip to East Lansing as Michigan's head football coach, so maybe he needed a year to understand how fans of the rivalry operate.

During a timeout, Michigan State students gave Harbaugh a less than warm welcome, chanting "F--- Jim Harbaugh."

He said he heard it, but he wouldn't admit he understood it.

"Yeah, I heard it, I heard it," Harbaugh said on "Inside Michigan Football" Monday evening. "I thought it was great and classy. I thought they were saying, 'Love Jim Harbaugh.' They kept repeating it, 'Love Jim Harbaugh, Love Jim Harbaugh.' I thought, 'That's awful great sportsmanship by the Michigan State Spartans.'" 
pimp.gif

Teams are quick to release their OC while our DC sitting pretty at the podium talking about he don't know what gap integrity is :lol:

EAST LANSING, Mich.  - Another day, another vintage Jim Harbaugh moment.

Saturday was Harbaugh's first trip to East Lansing as Michigan's head football coach, so maybe he needed a year to understand how fans of the rivalry operate.

During a timeout, Michigan State students gave Harbaugh a less than warm welcome, chanting "F--- Jim Harbaugh."

He said he heard it, but he wouldn't admit he understood it.

"Yeah, I heard it, I heard it," Harbaugh said on "Inside Michigan Football" Monday evening. "I thought it was great and classy. I thought they were saying, 'Love Jim Harbaugh.' They kept repeating it, 'Love Jim Harbaugh, Love Jim Harbaugh.' I thought, 'That's awful great sportsmanship by the Michigan State Spartans.'" 
pimp.gif
hahahaha 

coach 
nthat.gif

if we take a QB with our first pick, no way in hell we can pass on corey davis if he's there in the second round. i love this kid.

Last edited:
been so impressed with trubisky this season. it's only his first season as the full-time starter, but the dude is legit. so damn surgical with his ball placement and prudent with his decisions. i love how well he sells the play action. demonstrates consistency seeing the field, making coverage reads or going through progressions. the arm strength is adequate, release is clean, and throws a very catchable ball; feet could definitely be improved. see him get lazy feet at times. the system he runs at UNC is almost identical to chip's. i know this might turn some fans off, but he reminds me a lot of alex coming out of utah. with that said, i like trubisky, but i don't believe he's a talent worthy of a top-5 pick. i think he's just okay from an overall arm talent perspective. ideally, he's a 2nd-round pick.

#3 ryan switzer is another player we should target. little dude is a play maker. 

Last edited:
this is the type of big boy throws i'm looking for!! from the far hash to outside the opposite field numbers! 50-yard throw on the go route hitting fuller in full stride! look how effortless the ball comes out of kizer's hand. he doesn't have to heave the throw by reaching all the way back or throw his entire body into the throw. everything is tight and controlled. that's a first-round arm talent.

beautiful footwork, too. hits that last step of his drop and immediately gathers himself in fuller's direction. textbook.

very composed in the pocket while he navigates through his frontside to backside progressions. feet stay hot the entire time. good stuff.

Last edited:
That release by Kizer though.

If the niners have a top 2 pick as it stands right now i hop they can trade back if myles garret is taken at 1. But with the connections to ND i can see Kizer being the pick.

View media item 2218027
Gonna be a hot jersey

Back
Top Bottom