:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So what do you guys think will happen with Kaep? A few weeks ago it seemed he was 100% opting out, now with a new agent and in talks with Shanny, think it is possible they try to roll with him for another year? 

He played well enough last year that I'd be interested in bringing him back. I'm still drafting his replacement this year tho but I'd like to see if Shanny could do anything with a full healthy off season and with him at full strength/playing weight.
IDK why but this got me thinking about all those extra reps Gabbert got last off season cause Kap was rehabbing and dude came out and was still buns :smh:

NFL Executives view Cals Davis Webb as best QB prospect

The 49ers will have a number of decisions to make when sifting through the quarterback market this spring, including how they value signal callers in the upcoming NFL draft.

The three quarterbacks that have gotten the most buzz early in the evaluation process are Mitch Trubisky, Deshaun Watson and DeShone Kizer, all of whom are expected to get taken during the first two rounds.

One quarterback that’s improved his draft stock is Cal quarterback Davis Webb, who one anonymous league executive believes will be the best quarterback to come out of this draft class, according to NFL Network Analyst Daniel Jeremiah.

“If I were a team like Cleveland, I would take impact players at (pick Nos.) 1 and 12 and then trade back into the bottom of the first round for Davis Webb. I think he will end up being the best quarterback of this draft class.”

Web (6-5, 230) was considered likely a mid-round prospect heading into last month’s Senior Bowl. He ended up as the MVP of the game after orchestrating three scoring drives in the 16-15 win for the South team.

Webb completed 11 of 16 for 165 yards, including a 39-yard touchdown pass. He played one year running a spread offense at Cal after transferring prior to his senior year at Texas Tech.

Webb in his four college seasons completed 61.5 percent of his throws and threw 63 touchdown passes to 34 interceptions.

The biggest concern for Webb is his accuracy. Completing just over 60 percent of his throws in college-style spread offenses is a red flag, considering many reads and throwing windows are predetermined.

But Webb’s physical tools make him an intriguing option after the first round. Teams that need quarterbacks picking early – like the Browns, 49ers and Bears – might elect to hold off on taking a quarterback in the top five and try their luck later.

Mid-round targets that could be had at better prices include Webb, Patrick Mahomes (Texas Tech) and Brad Kaaya (Miami, Fla.). And as Dak Prescott and Russell Wilson proved, finding a quality quarterback in the middle rounds can be hugely beneficial while filling out a roster.

#49ers Kyle Shanahan tells KNBR that Robert Saleh indeed new DC; QB hunt not aiming for 'short-term fix'

#49ers Kyle Shanahan confirms on KNBR his defensive coordinator is Robert Saleh. As for ideal defenders: "You want violent people."

From Can Inman's twitter page

kyle says he wants violent players.

the bringer of CTE. 
nerd.gif

He could potentially be the leader in the middle of this defense didnt have this pst season. Wouldnt be mad at trade back and draft him.

jarrad davis is another guy that's very violent. i like him, but he seems to have an issue staying healthy.

http://football.realgm.com/wiretap/38216/Louis-Riddick-Was-Very-Very-Close-To-Taking-49ers-GM-Job

Louis Riddick told ESPN Radio that he was close to becoming the next general manager of the San Francisco 49ers.

Riddick said he was "very, very, very, very, very, very, very close" to taking the job, but ultimately he and New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels were a "package deal."

"It was either going to be him and I, or it wasn't," Riddick said of a pairing of McDaniels and Riddick in San Francisco. "Josh, for his personal reasons, decided that now wasn't a good time. When he decided that -- which I was on board with that, obviously -- therefore I wasn't in the running anymore."
View media item 2337054

Kyle listens to reggae

He probably hits the trees before concocting his offensive attack every week. I love it

He said ziggy and ishka are who he listens to the most lol.

Im convinced were getting Fangio back next year but hopefully Saleh is better than Oneil
Me too. Make Fangio highest paid coordinator. Idc. The lord needth to returneth

this guy is one of my very favorite WRs in the draft. first things you notice is the athleticism, speed, ball tracking and body control.

hardworking, high-character guy that is totally selfless. this is exactly the type of players lynch and shanny are looking for.

dude has a long, wiry build similar to martavis bryant. a couple years in an NFL weight room, and he could become a beast.

[h1]  49ers Prospect Watch: Virginia Tech WR Isaiah Ford[/h1]
Niner Noise provides 49ers fans with a scouting report on Virginia Tech wide receiver Isaiah Ford.  Ford has been a productive WR for the Hokies making him an ideal target to put up on the 49ers’ draft board come draft day.

49ers fans have had a rough 2016 season, and that’s putting it lightly. Entering the 2017 offseason, fans don’t even know who the team’s general manager or head coach will be.

Not yet, at least.

At the time of this writing, it appears that the front-runners for the HC and GM jobs are Kyle Shanahan (Atlanta Falcons) and Brian Gutekunst (Green Bay Packers), respectively. While not knowing who will be at the helm certainly makes it hard to predict what direction the 49ers will take. Nonetheless, Niner Noise will still continue on with its offseason coverage of college prospects.

Sooner or later, the 49ers will need to address the wide receiver position. Whoever CEO Jed York selects to lead the new look 49ers is bound to upgrade the position either through the NFL Draft or through free agency or both.

Today, we present to you the scouting report on one Isaiah Ford, wide receiver out of Virginia Tech.

[h4]The Measurables[/h4]
Isaiah Ford crosses the ever important six-foot barrier that divides the “short” receivers from the “adequate height” receivers. Still, Ford is not in the range of the larger receivers. He is also not on the heavier side of receivers either.

Nevertheless, from a physical standpoint, Ford possesses the requirements to play at the NFL level. As is the case every draft season, take these measurements with a grain of salt as they are subject to change.

The definitive measurements of course will be taken during the lead up to the NFL Scouting Combine.
[h5]Measurables:[/h5]
Height: 6-foot-2

Weight: 190 pounds

Position: Wide Receiver

School: Virginia Tech

Year: Junior

Projected 40 Time:  4.53 (per Walter Football)
[h4]By The Numbers[/h4]
Isaiah Ford has had an impressive career at Virginia Tech. As a Hokie, Ford has put up some tremendous numbers starting off with a strong freshman year. In his freshman year, Ford caught 56 catches for 706 yards and six touchdowns.

He followed this up with an outstanding sophomore campaign. One in which he set VT school records in receiving touchdowns and receiving yards. That year, Ford hauled in 11 touchdowns with 1,164 receiving yards on 75 receptions.

In 2016, Ford proved that his sophomore year was no fluke. He again crossed the 1,000-yard mark by posting 1,094 yards on 79 grabs for seven touchdowns.

In his Hokie career, Ford finished with a total of 2,967 yards, 210 catches, 24 touchdowns with a 14.1 yards-per-catch career average. He is the only Hokie receiver to have ever crossed the 1,000-yard mark and he did that twice.
[h4]Player Profile[/h4][h5]Where he wins:[/h5]
Isaiah Ford displayed good size and enough speed to challenge defenses deep. He does not seem to possess elite speed like New Orleans Saints WR Brandin Cooks, nor does he possess the size of a bigger WR like Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Mike Evans.

Be that as it may, Ford is not slow nor a small wideout.

Ford is fantastic at making contested catches and is often winning the 50/50 balls. Although, he is no Dez Bryant in this regard, Ford is still very good at the point of attack. Another excellent attribute is his burst off the line. This creates problems for defenders, and Ford knows this as well.

He adds to his game a whole host of body fakes, pauses and head bobs that keep defenders guessing wrong. This element combined with his acceleration often lead to Ford getting open deep.

Even when he did not get complete separation or if the ball was under thrown, Ford had the body control to adjust to the throw.

In fact, his body control is probably one of his most impressive strengths. While defenders are still locating the ball, Ford had already contorted and caught it. His other impressive trait is his quick feet which are easily elite-level quick.
[h5]Where he struggles:[/h5]
On the negative side, Ford weighs less than 200 pounds. At the NFL level, he may end up getting pushed around especially against the larger press cornerbacks. Additionally, he makes way too many body catches. This has not resulted in many dropped passes but this is not a good attribute for NFL wideouts to have. NFL scouts will surely notice this and dock him for that bad habit.

It’s not that he has bad hands. On the contrary, Ford is very sure-handed. He simply has a bad habit of using his body in certain angles where he could just as easily use his hands.

Again, it has not resulted in increased dropped passes but it will be mentioned as a negative as the draft approaches.

Strengths: Good size and speed combo, reliable hands, productive receiver, excellent body control, elite feet, good selection of moves to cause separation.

Weaknesses: Could stand to add some weight and strength, needs to use his hands to make catches more often.

Niner Noise Projected Round: Early second- to late first-round grade.

Last edited:
this guy is one of my very favorite WRs in the draft. first things you notice is the athleticism, speed, ball tracking and body control.

hardworking, high-character guy that is totally selfless. this is exactly the type of players lynch and shanny are looking for.

dude has a long, wiry build similar to martavis bryant. a couple years in an NFL weight room, and he could become a beast.

Im a VT guy so yea id love to have Ford. Hes so dependable

Back
Top Bottom