:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good points:

upload_2018-3-27_19-0-33.png

Yep

Type of pick average 49er fan gonna hate when Minkah Fitzpatrick is on the board but Minkah can’t have the impact an edge rusher can.

probably preaching to the choir here but i'll go ahead and say it: an exceptional pass rush can make a a below average secondary look like lock down defenders. that being said, i'd take a rookie aldon over any corner back in the league

Edge rusher is the second most important position in football.

We use to think it was a lockdown corner or a LT but nah.

If you can get to the QB you’ll win more times than not.

No clue, but I doubt it, especially if they want this year's first.

So you are of the belief that whoever is available at 9 would make a bigger impact on our team for the next handful of years than OBJ would? Because when people say they wouldnt include this year's first round pick, that is essentially what they are saying. That the drafted player would make our team better than OBJ would. So thats what you are saying Red?

So you are of the belief that whoever is available at 9 would make a bigger impact on our team for the next handful of years than OBJ would? Because when people say they wouldnt include this year's first round pick, that is essentially what they are saying. That the drafted player would make our team better than OBJ would. So thats what you are saying Red?
Think Terrell Owens will benefit you on field. But in locker room/off field antics may rub guys on the team the wrong way.

Terrell Owens in his prime was passed around the league for peanuts for a 6 year period.

Well you also have to take into account the benefit of a rookie contract vs. OBJ making almost as much as Jimmy each year.

Think Terrell Owens will benefit you on field. But in locker room/off field antics may rub guys on the team the wrong way.

Terrell Owens in his prime was passed around the league for peanuts for a 6 year period.

I am the wrong person to bring up TO to. His "locker room/off field antics" I find to be absolutely blown out of proportion by the media.

Well you also have to take into account the benefit of a rookie contract vs. OBJ making almost as much as Jimmy each year.

With the amount of money we have available, I dont find this to be an issue. At all.

I feel this is a very extreme way to look at it and word it. I do not think that is what he is saying. If you are viewing this as a GM for YOUR teams best interest, that means factoring in the future, a pick at 9, may be more beneficial than OBJ for a few years. As a fan, I don't care spend the money, picks, etc. But it is still a business. A #9 pick may not come around again for the 9ers in years, with the upward trajectory the team is looking to have. But that is just looking at it objectively without the BOTTOM LINE THATS WHAT I AM SAYING mentality. "Essentially what they are saying" I feel is not understanding the magnitude of a trade like this.

No to Odell. Great player no question but the asking price is too much when our defense and our lines are mediocre at best

I mean dam, picture the scenario that OBJ is on this team. With some RB talent, do we become a top 5 offense in the league? I just think about what Shanny did with ATL. That offense was humming, and made that defense much better and imo over deliver.

Again I agree with the "cost analysis", but hell it aint my money or picks lol. I want to win.

I am the wrong person to bring up TO to. His "locker room/off field antics" I find to be absolutely blown out of proportion by the media.

With the amount of money we have available, I dont find this to be an issue. At all.
He bad mouthed Donovan Mcnabb’s Super Bowl performance. He obviously had soMe friction with Jeff Garcia. Dallas got rid of him and he was their leading receiver for 3 seasons. Bro I think the media was warranted In the way they portrayed TO.

Hmm what if we trade back in the draft to get some additional picks and then use that 1st rounder and a 3rd or something along those lines to go and get OBJ?

Fingers crossed for OBJ.

If the Rams are offering the 23rd, that gives the 9ers reason to offer the 9th to prevent the Rams from getting OBJ.

At this point, both teams are making moves to counter each other, and this would put them way ahead of us. Top 5 RB and WR?

this could hobble us significantly in the playoff contention

Yeah maybe this year, but 4 years down the line we are going to be in cap hell giving Jimmy and ODB a combined 45-50M a year.

Back
Top Bottom