:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All I know is he will go In 1st round as a QB and I expect him to go top 20 I know top 10 is a reach but the QB postion has teams get froggy and move up.

Have you watched Lamar Jackson? Dude is oozing with talent as a QB nobody thinks he’s a wide receiver.
Of course I have. And you're right it was ridiculous that teams even brought that up. The point I was making is that Pat didn't have the questions and with 4 Qbs in the top 10 along with Nelson, Barkley, Chubb and Fitzpatrick its unlikely he goes top 10.

First round? ABSOLUTELY Top 20?, Top 15? yes.

But it's crowded in the top ten. I wish he’d go top 10 out of personal interest but I just don't see it happening.

Of course I have. And you're right it was ridiculous that teams even brought that up. The point I was making is that Pat didn't have the questions and with 4 Qbs in the top 10 along with Nelson, Barkley, Chubb and Fitzpatrick its unlikely he goes top 10.

First round? ABSOLUTELY Top 20?, Top 15? yes.

But it's crowded in the top ten. I wish he’d go top 10 out of personal interest but I just don't see it happening.
Bro id argue and I’m sure scouts would too that the concerns surrounding Mahomes and being from an air raid offense were actually bigger there was a lot of skepticism surrounding Pat. And I see a lot of the same things happening to Lamar Jackson but Lamar Jackson came from a pro style spread actually had a lot more snaps from under center and has an understanding of the footwork and timing from that experience.

He’s a gifted talent and there are many coaching staffs that belive they can mold a talent like Lamar into a dynamic one.

Bro id argue and I’m sure scouts would too that the concerns surrounding Mahomes and being from an air raid offense were actually bigger there was a lot of skepticism surrounding Pat. And I see a lot of the same things happening to Lamar Jackson but Lamar Jackson came from a pro style spread actually had a lot more snaps from under center and has an understanding of the footwork and timing from that experience.

He’s a gifted talent and there are many coaching staffs that belive they can mold a talent like Lamar into a dynamic one.

Not one lie here.

Still doesn't mean a team is going to trade the farm to jump in the top 10 for him

That's a must if they miss on Landry. Obo is literally my favorite player outside of the first round. Dude reminds me of Yannick Ngakoue.

do you think the bills or cardinals would trade us two firsts if someone like Mayfield or rosen was available at 9?

This was the only thing left I needed to see from Landry. He aced it.

This game vs WF is one of my favorites. He single-handedly wrecked this game:

Hahahah dude is like a big cat out of that 4 point stance he uses that burst is so rare that I’m almost wondering why it took a 3 come performance like the one he had to start the top 15 talk. Last year he was best pass rusher in country Charles Harris from Missouri was only guy who was even close to as productive. Myles Garrett was double and triple teamed on pass sets so it’s not fair to compare production.

Figured I'd post this here since Tremaine Edmunds has a bunch of buzz. There's no denying his athletic gifts are freakish, and granted, he's only 19 years old(crazy, right?!). But he leaves a lot left to be desired between the ears and there's no guarantee he'll ever develop that aspect of his game.

Some stuff I cut up and saved while watching his tape:

Eyes got caught in the backfield. That RB leaking out is his guy. He blew his assignment entirely.

giphy.gif

My old LB coach would call this not playing thick at the point of attack. Sometimes he's too passive despite being a genetic freak. I think the plays can overwhelm him mentally at times, especially when they come right at him.

giphy.gif

This is a 3rd-down play. Inconsistent feel in zone coverage. His zone awareness needs to improve. He should be protecting the sticks with his head on a swivel and feel that crosser behind him.

giphy.gif

Takes on the FB with the wrong shoulder and compromises his gap.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
That play against Clemson at the top is inexcusable the running back was obviously his assignment and he wasn’t even close to be aware that he leaked out to the flat. One valid excuse I can give him is he will be one of the youngest players drafted In NFL history so he’s still got a lot of time to develop.

Last edited:
When healthy, it’s harder to name a TE better than gronk...but cuzz seems made of paper mache and is constantly injured

Would be interesting to see how his personality would play in a locker room with sherman..gronk probably has the biggest “bro” personality in the league, which is irritating AF.

Yeah, he's the ultimate bro.

Two years remaining on his contract. Give NE a 7th Rd lol

None of this **** going to happen, this is real life football, not Madden, niners not going to sign Richard Sherman, Odell Beckham jr, and Gronk in the same offseason. :lol:

I had hoped for maybe a guard like Pugh or less realistically Norwell but I think Lynch wasn’t fronting and that Sherman will be the lone “big name” addition.

None of this **** going to happen, this is real life football, not Madden, niners not going to sign Richard Sherman, Odell Beckham jr, and Gronk in the same offseason. :lol:

I had hoped for maybe a guard like Pugh or less realistically Norwell but I think Lynch wasn’t fronting and that Sherman will be the lone “big name” addition.

I think many of us share your sentiments, this might just be off season fodder to get excited about. At the very least, it’s good to hear that niners are a viable option for many elite FA. But like others have alluded to this wouldn’t be the season to go all-in and go for broke in FA due to the amount of postions still needed to be solidified. Holding my breath on joshua garnett becoming worth that first round investment

Not saying I agree with this formula but think they said top 5 teams have all spent the most money and have been successful in the league. Just sayin

Trent Brown is going to be a rich man this time next year, whether by another team or us. 25-year-old tackle that's elite in pass protection and can play RT and LT. Nate Solder just got $15.5m per yr, $34m gtd. I expect Trent to get more than that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom