:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FA4F0A0F-CC11-4762-9225-458E6B5225AC.png
Ronbo :pimp::pimp::pimp:

Good points:

upload_2018-3-27_19-0-33.png
Exactly. Sure they're building to win now. But it's going to come down if they can come together and win. That payroll is going to be huge in two years especially if they plan keeping Goff and their other top players.

He bad mouthed Donovan Mcnabb’s Super Bowl performance. He obviously had soMe friction with Jeff Garcia. Dallas got rid of him and he was their leading receiver for 3 seasons. Bro I think the media was warranted In the way they portrayed TO.

Dont want to turn this into a TO debate, but no, he didnt bad mouth McNabbs Superbowl performance, he didnt have friction with Jeff Garcia, but you are right Dallas did get rid of him after being their leading receiver for 3 years.

I feel this is a very extreme way to look at it and word it. I do not think that is what he is saying. If you are viewing this as a GM for YOUR teams best interest, that means factoring in the future, a pick at 9, may be more beneficial than OBJ for a few years. As a fan, I don't care spend the money, picks, etc. But it is still a business. A #9 pick may not come around again for the 9ers in years, with the upward trajectory the team is looking to have. But that is just looking at it objectively without the BOTTOM LINE THATS WHAT I AM SAYING mentality. "Essentially what they are saying" I feel is not understanding the magnitude of a trade like this.

You can say its an extreme way to look at it, but thats basically how we are looking at it. Would you rather have OBJ with a big contract or whoever we could get for the #9 pick.

You say a GM has to factor in the future. Well OBJ is 25 years old. He would be a large part of the future. I know you say as a fan you dont care about the money, but we have the money. I dont think that is much of an issue right now. And correct, this team has an upward trajectory, and probably wont have a top 10 pick again for years. But why does this matter? You say I am being extreme with my thought process, but that is basically how you need to look at it. OBJ and a big contract or an unproven 9th overall pick.

Yeah maybe this year, but 4 years down the line we are going to be in cap hell giving Jimmy and ODB a combined 45-50M a year.

I guess my opinion is that I dont really think worrying about how this might affect our salary cap in 5 years should trump how much better it makes our team for the foreseeable future.

You can say its an extreme way to look at it, but thats basically how we are looking at it. Would you rather have OBJ with a big contract or whoever we could get for the #9 pick.

You say a GM has to factor in the future. Well OBJ is 25 years old. He would be a large part of the future. I know you say as a fan you dont care about the money, but we have the money. I dont think that is much of an issue right now. And correct, this team has an upward trajectory, and probably wont have a top 10 pick again for years. But why does this matter? You say I am being extreme with my thought process, but that is basically how you need to look at it. OBJ and a big contract or an unproven 9th overall pick.

Naw I totally hear you. And agree the risk reward of a OBJ vs a 9th overall pick sounds like a no-brainer. Tbh I want them to make the move, not even sure if they are in the mix. But it would be amazing. I guess my wording of extreme is wrong. I just try to see what Lynch is thinking. But man OBJ! lol. Yes he carries some baggage, but he is dam good.

Where are you guys reading a 1st and 3rd or 4th round pick? Schefter tweeted out that the Giants have asked for at least 2 1st round picks. I dont think they would trade him for too much less.

Thanks, must have missed that one. That seems like a steal for whoever's trading for him thats why I was confused.

Btw did anyone read this article on our free agency? It gives a little insight from John Lynch.

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2...969-a9c8-4814-b2d7-5b56d13ac64c?sf185743661=1

Thx for posting this. That confirms my suspicion that they wouldn't pursue Robinson. I think Kyle is satisfied with his current WR group and a chance to add another in the draft.

The GM confirmed that the 49ers were not in play for either former Jacksonville Jaguars wideout Allen Robinson or former Carolina Panthers guard Andrew Norwell.

“We got our two (guys),” Lynch said. “Those are the guys we targeted, and those are the guys we landed.”

Side note:
Kyle called his buddy Simms during his podcast, and you could distinctly hear him say something about "inside information" and "it's early, but I've heard from two people." Simms then clarifies that the phone call was regarding OBJ. Can't really surmise much from that, but it doesn't sound like he's coming here. Kyle does have a bunch of buddies working for the Rams...:emoji_eyes:

It's around the 3:50 mark

Last edited:
OBJ would obviously bring a lot to this WR corps but we saw how kyle's play calling manages to get WRs open time and time again. add to that the fact that he's coming off a nasty ankle injury and reportedly wants $20 million, ehh he's a pass for me. unless his name was antonio brown, no WR is worth that kinda money. I'd rather see the niners hold onto that #9 pick (and whatever other picks they'd have to hand over) and use that cap money in 2019 to sign kelvin benjamin, josh gordon, or martavis bryant. dudes who will likely be cheaper in free agency and bigger redzone targets

I knew he wasn't on the team.. all I said was good we need him on the defense meaning since he will stop kneeling the Blackballing will stop and they can bring him back ... y'all too sensitive I swear
kaep told teams he was gonna stop kneeling and they still blackballed him anyways

why does kneeling bother you so much? its a got damn free country. thats like getting mad at a man for wiping his **** a certain way

Elite edge rushers are the premium position second only to franchise QBs. Teams aren't dumb. There's a chance he doesn't make it to 9.

Last edited:
Lamar Jackson didn’t run a 40 today at his pro day.

Told scouts to look at the tape last 2 years if you want to know how fast I am.

We’re at 9.

We have 3 maybe 4 QB's going ahead of us + Chubb and Saquon for sure.

That leaves 2 maybe 3 spots ahead of us where he could get taken. I think he falls to us

Honestly I hope we get him. An elite edge rusher is what we've needed since Aldon fell off the cliff. We clearly saw it develop with our own eyes how huge a difference he made. Granted Justin Smith was also a different type of animal.

Roquan I think is best case scenario #2 imo.

Back
Top Bottom