:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Trent Brown is going to be a rich man this time next year, whether by another team or us. 25-year-old tackle that's elite in pass protection and can play RT and LT. Nate Solder just got $15.5m per yr, $34m gtd. I expect Trent to get more than that.

If trent gets that all pro tackle money aint eeeem mad...protect jimmy at all costs

If anyone is into lame April fools jokes niners noise posted an article today saying Deforest Buckner has been traded to the LA Rams for a 7th round pick.

Bruh i love marquette king..aint seen a punter ever get that hyped

By the way, saw a BR article saying that the bills are trynna move into the top 10 to pick a QB

*cue jack nicholson nodding gif*

Guys I will be ecstatic for at 9 are Harold Landry, Roqoun Smith, Derwin James, Quenton Nelson,Denzel Ward and Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Better athletes than Football category Tremaine Edmunds and Marcus Davenport I will reserve judgement if selected.

Guys I will be ecstatic for at 9 are Harold Landry, Roqoun Smith, Derwin James, Quenton Nelson,Denzel Ward and Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Better athletes than Football category Tremaine Edmunds and Marcus Davenport I will reserve judgement if selected.
I’ll add Edmunds to your first list and I would be happy with any of those players. Edmunds is athletic as hell and still only 19. Those two things intrigue me.

Ranking my happiness.
1. Quinton Nelson
2. Roquan Smith
3. Harold Landry
4. Tremaine Edmunds
5. Derwin James
6. Minkah Fitzpatrick
7. Denzel Ward

Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah predict the top of the 49ers draft (NFL network)

I watched the video clip and summarized what they said about each pick.

1st round: 9th overall: LB/DE Marcus Davenport UTSA
  • Already being scouted by us, 49ers position coach has been to his pro day.
  • Edge rusher.
  • Comfortable rushing from upright stance, athleticism to get home, potential to become a 10 sack season artist
2nd round: 59th overall: G Austin Corbitt, Nevada,
  • To upgrade at starter G over Laken Tomlinson.
  • Comfortable as an interior blocker as well as getting into secondary, has "swing" ability to play both tackle and guard.
3rd round: 70th overall: CB Holton Hill, Texas, to sit behind Ahkello Witherspoon
  • To sit behind Richard Sherman and Ahkello Witherspoon
  • Tall, long arms, can get in on edge, can press in coverage, "Richard Sherman-esque" in build
4th round: 74th overall: DE Da'Shawn Hand, Alabama
  • To sit behind and possibly replace Arik Armstead
  • Fits new scheme better than Armstead

Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah predict the top of the 49ers draft (NFL network)

• Edge rusher.
  • Comfortable rushing from upright stance, athleticism to get home, potential to become a 10 sack season artist
  • Comfortable as an interior blocker as well as getting into secondary, has "swing" ability to play both tackle and guard.
3rd round: 70th overall: CB Holton Hill, Texas, to sit behind Ahkello Witherspoon
  • Tall, long arms, can get in on edge, can press in coverage, "Richard Sherman-esque" in build

• Edge rusher.

Love Austin Corbitt. He's one of my dudes in this draft. Violent hands with a nasty disposition to match.

Davenport is raw as hell. He rushes with no plans, little technique and plays with terrible pad level. He has the potential to be really good, but I'm not using a top ten pick on that. Does not fit the profile for the leo prototype.

Hill has red flags. I'd be surprised if the team drafted him.

Da'Shawn Hand...wtf? The Niners have a surplus of interior DL, and Hand fits much better in a 3-4 defense as a 4t. If they're going to grab an interior DL, it's going to be a squatty nose to upgrade Earl Mitchell.

Switch that 74th overall with a guy I like boom or bust Antonio Callaway and now we’re cookin with grease.

And of course 9th overall guys we all listed with the top being Harold Landry.

Love Austin Corbitt. He's one of my dudes in this draft. Violent hands with a nasty disposition to match.

Davenport is raw as hell. He rushes with no plans, little technique and plays with terrible pad level. He has the potential to be really good, but I'm not using a top ten pick on that. Does not fit the profile for the leo prototype.

Hill has red flags. I'd be surprised if the team drafted him.

Da'Shawn Hand...wtf? The Niners have a surplus of interior DL, and Hand fits much better in a 3-4 defense as a 4t. If they're going to grab an interior DL, it's going to be a squatty nose to upgrade Earl Mitchell.
i hope they like DJ jones and there won’t need to be much invested into interior D line going forward.

i hope they like DJ jones and there won’t need to be much invested into interior D line going forward.

I was surprised to see them using Sheldon Day over DJ at nose late in the year. I wonder what's going on there.

Even more surprised to see Day play there. He's listed at 290 lbs, but he held his own.

Yeah Sheldon Day was a great find mid way through the year. Jacksonville so deep on D-line they had to waive starting caliber players.

Thx Jax. 8)

giphy.gif

I wanna see Joshua Garnett succedd so bad he sounds like he’s defintely ready.

So with that said My dream draft with our 4 picks we stay put would be

9th Overall Harold Landry Boston College Edge/OLB the bend and burst and ability to matadore Tackles is something we haven’t seen since Aldon.

59th Overall- Darius Leonard SC state ILB- very twitched up linebacker who has a lot of production for 4 years and the more I watch I see a football player that fits this scheme and the evolution of the game he covers backs really well. Replaces Malcolm Smith and likely start the year with Rueban’s upcoming suspension.

70th overall- Desmond Harrison OT West Georgia -was part of the Texas program before being dismissed. Very Smooth impressive athlete who has traits to be very good fit in this scheme. Dude likes to punish guys but it was a lower level competiton in the tape I watched of him. He has ability to play up and down the O-line Comes with red flags but it’s at 70th pick on the draft this is where guys with red flags with 1st round potential go.

79th overall- Antonio Callaway WR Florida- an incredibly gifted player with with ball in his hands envision him early on being standout special team returner and ceiling is incredibly high like A healthy Percy Harvin. Comes with red flags also but this would be a dream draft scenario.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom