:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yall got me too invested in roquan and landry. not sure how im gonna feel if we don't get either. i know a lot of folks like fitzpatrick but i want this squad to pick a player who's going to play on the defensive line or right behind it.

where do you project bradley chubb going?
Still wouldn’t be mad if the selection was Tremaine Edmunds he’s so gifted. Needs some tutelage though.

Hope they re-sign Reid.

I feel like Minkah with his versatility can be like Charles Woodson a 15 + year career so I wouldn’t mind if he’s the selection.
But Harold Landry is my preference has been for awhile. If he entered last year with that production 49ers prolly take him over Soloman. The man still had 5 sacks in first 6 games in 2017 getting alot of attention from O-coordinators before the ankle hampered his effectiveness.

Last edited:
Virtually two weeks until the draft, and only the following potential top-ten players have visited with the team in Santa Clara:

Roquan Smith LB
Minkah Fitzpatrick DB
Denzel Ward CB

Of course, a player could have visited without it being reported, but all of their day one and two picks last year except for Beathard, who they intentionally kept under kept under wraps, were reported for visits in Santa Clara. There are still two weeks to go, but it's getting close to the finish line. VERY good chance one of those guys listed above is a 49er in two weeks.

So where does Fitzpatrick line up if we draft him? Does he have the versatility to be a lock down CB?

Virtually two weeks until the draft, and only the following potential top-ten players have visited with the team in Santa Clara:

Roquan Smith LB
Minkah Fitzpatrick DB
Denzel Ward CB

Of course, a player could have visited without it being reported, but all of their day one and two picks last year except for Beathard, who they intentionally kept under kept under wraps, were reported for visits in Santa Clara. There are still two weeks to go, but it's getting close to the finish line. VERY good chance one of those guys listed above is a 49er in two weeks.
I’d be happy with either 3. When we getting your mock? :nerd:

Is it worth it to draft a slot CB at 9 though?

Nope, but we're just presuming here. They should see him being more than that if they take him at 9, and I'm betting they'd like to add his leadership and passion for the game into the locker room. Any player that's called Nick Saban's son is going warrant a loooong look.

Roquan might not be there when we pick. Buzz building that Colts love him and might be willing to pick him at 6.

Roquan Smith LB
Minkah Fitzpatrick DB
Denzel Ward CB

Wouldn’t you think you would have to throw teams off your path a little more picking at 9 as opposed to 2 overall?

Wouldn’t you think you would have to throw teams off your path a little more picking at 9 as opposed to 2 overall?

Only for certain players whose draft slot is obscure, like Harold Landry. Drawing extra attention to him could prompt a team to jump the gun in front of us. It's better to keep teams in the dark with a false sense of security for those players. That said, the team met with Landry at the combine, so that's a great sign for those of us who want him.

There's still about a week and half left to administer in-house visits, so that list should increase about a week from now.

Mel Kiper 3 round mock:

San Francisco 49ers

Round 1 (9): Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia

Round 2 (59): Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado

Round 3 (70): Dante Pettis, WR, Washington

Round 3 (74): Kerryon Johnson, RB, Auburn

The uncertainty around Reuben Foster's future has me rethinking the 49ers' first pick. They have a glaring need at cornerback, but Smith is the type of talent that is tough to pass up. And if Foster gets his off-field issues straightened up, Smith could move outside to weakside linebacker, and San Francisco would have one of the most talented front sevens in the league.

Oliver fills the hole at cornerback, as he can compete with Ahkello Witherspoon for the spot opposite Richard Sherman (if the longtime Seahawks corner is healthy). Pettis is a dynamite punt returner -- he set an FBS record for career punt return touchdowns with nine -- and can be a deep threat. Johnson might be a steal here. He was one of the best backs in college football in 2017.

Mel Kiper 3 round mock:

San Francisco 49ers

Round 1 (9): Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia

Round 2 (59): Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado

Round 3 (70): Dante Pettis, WR, Washington

Round 3 (74): Kerryon Johnson, RB, Auburn

The uncertainty around Reuben Foster's future has me rethinking the 49ers' first pick. They have a glaring need at cornerback, but Smith is the type of talent that is tough to pass up. And if Foster gets his off-field issues straightened up, Smith could move outside to weakside linebacker, and San Francisco would have one of the most talented front sevens in the league.

Oliver fills the hole at cornerback, as he can compete with Ahkello Witherspoon for the spot opposite Richard Sherman (if the longtime Seahawks corner is healthy). Pettis is a dynamite punt returner -- he set an FBS record for career punt return touchdowns with nine -- and can be a deep threat. Johnson might be a steal here. He was one of the best backs in college football in 2017.

This mock is FIRE. :emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire: But I'd be surprised if Oliver made it to 59.

Replace Kerryon with Obo, and you virtually have my mock. :lol:>D>D>D>D There you go, 22stylez 22stylez >D>D>D

just something :nthat: having two thumpers on your defense like we had with P-Willy and Bow.

Recreate that with Roquan and Reuben

and red81 red81 , once again uncanny and impressive w/ the Pettis mention

This mock is FIRE. :emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire: But I'd be surprised if Oliver made it to 59.

Replace Kerryon with Obo, and you virtually have my mock. :lol:>D>D>D>D There you go, 22stylez 22stylez >D>D>D

Who is obo
EDGE
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/ogbonnia-okoronkwo?id=32462018-0002-5599-45e1-8076208eae71
580283ae1c1ff.image.jpg

In regards to Pettis, here's what he brings:

NASTY route running. Dude has tremendous feet, especially with working double moves. Smokes Alabama's Marlon Humphrey during the playoffs.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

RED ZONE BALLER! Yep, not all red zone threats need to be 6'4". Pettis is 6'1", but he plays like a man much bigger with his long arms, vertical and ability to high point the ball.

giphy.gif

Did I mention how nasty his footwork and route running is? :sick:

giphy.gif

My comp=T. J. Houshmandzadeh

Back
Top Bottom