:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Smh a try out player working the 9th overall pick

I know right SMH but apparently he put together a good practice after that.

Interesting too we’ve signed our 3rd and two 7th round picks before our 1st and 2nd.

McG just needs to sign and best not try to jig with contract language or a rookie holdout, I’ve read he isn’t already signed because of something like this.

I think that happens pretty frequently with the top picks

They want to see what other guys around then are signing

We knew dude wasn’t pass blocker. He’s a very decent run blocker and a sus pass blocker.

Hopefully he’ll grow as a player. We need him to be great for the future; give him time. Sus pass blocker and LT don’t go in the same sentence.

Last edited:
And also to be fair two of the try out players who beat McG in 1 on 1 drills played so well that the beat writers are projecting them to at least make the 90 man preseason roster

I'd honestly rather have kept trent brown proven and about the same age... I know everyone here doesn't like mcG they're just settling because that's who we got ... but honestly he's starting to be annoying already .. gets worked by an undraftee and now putting complications on signing.. let's not forget he's about to be a 25 year old rookie.. I know GMs can't hit all the time and I think this is one where lynch swung and missed..

Pick reminds me a lot of Ekpe Udoh

I think it’s too early to say so much about whether we like him or not, he’s only been on the team for like a week.

Trent Brown was money for a 7th round pick but apparently he showed up fat and out of shape, can’t have that.

How that situation will change or improve with him being in NE now... IDK but if they can whip his *** back into shape TB12 is going to prosper.

Sure McG got worked by 2 different walk on rookie players but the report says the rest of the practice was good. Also 1 or both of those 2 undrafted rushers just might make the team, so they’re not total trash.

I also really hope he gives no problems with signing the standard rookie contract.

My biggest issue is this: Trent Brown was a a good pass protector, McG is known as a good run blocker. 65% of total plays last year for all NFL teams were passing plays. The league has clearly been going in this direction for a while, so it would seem, to me at least, better to have the better pass protector considering we’re going to be passing it more than we run it.

How is he going to be a 25-year-old rookie? He's currently 23.

I like McGlinchey, so you only speak for yourself. Trent Brown couldn't execute a reach block to save his life. He was a liability in the outside zone, which the foundation of Kyle' s offense. Dude would constantly blow assignments. Also, according to Matt Maiocco, he didn't watch film or study. He has come in overweight every year since college. He was entering a contract year, and this team wasn't going to pay him.

I don't give a **** about one rep in a drill in May. Lol.

Bros you boys are hurting my head with this stuff. He got beat during 1 on 1’s in pass rush drills first day of rookie mini camp now it’s sound the alarms he sucks. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

It had been stated numerous times last year Trent Brown is not a nimble get out on the edges get to the 2nd level tackle run blocking Tackle. Which is a huge factor in outside zone run scheme. Do you know how bad the 49ers were last year running the ball to the Right side??? Really bad. 1 yard below league average. To the Left side they were 1 yard above league average. Some of that can be attributed to the Runnig backs but blame can also be placed on the O-line. Shannahans Passing game and vertical stretch and mesh concepts are predicated on play action. Play action only gets the desired reaction from the defense when the running game is potent.

I’ve heard this 65% of plays were passing plays and the league is changing. But how many of those passing plays were screens? which are essentially runs. How many were throws at or near the Line of Scrimmage with no hitch delivery from QB(predetermined by play design reads) Those type of plays ask lineman to get out in space and find somebody.

Also had anybody who’s “settling” for McGlinchey once thought about Trent Brown hitting the open market next year with 2 injury riddled back to back seasons. And dude still may fetch 15 to 18 million dollars a year with a bunch of guaranteed cash. McGlinchey deal will be for 4 years 18 million roughly. The team had to do what was best for the the future of this team and offense. This offense requires nimble/quick feet lineman that are adept to working in space. Trent Brown was a pass protection savant with below average run blocking ability. I will miss the Black Mountain.

And UnicornHunter If your gonna complain and grasp for straws at least be accurate it doesn’t take but a quick Wikipedia search of Mike McGlinchey and you know he turns 24 in August not 25.

Last edited:
How is he going to be a 25-year-old rookie? He's currently 23.

I like McGlinchey, so you only speak for yourself. Trent Brown couldn't execute a reach block to save his life. He was a liability in the outside zone, which the foundation of Kyle' s offense. Dude would constantly blow assignments. Also, according to Matt Maiocco, he didn't watch film or study. He has come in overweight every year since college. He was entering a contract year, and this team wasn't going to pay him.

I don't give a **** about one rep in a drill in May. Lol.

I stand corrected he turns 24 in Aug.

I don't know I'm going to keep hating this pick and player regardless of the outcome.. I refuse to settle when there was other guys in the draft board that was a lot better

I stand corrected he turns 24 in Aug.

I don't know I'm going to keep hating this pick and player regardless of the outcome.. I refuse to settle when there was other guys in the draft board that was a lot better
So if he becomes a perennial All Pro you’ll still hate the pick?

What are you talking bout man :rofl:

So if he becomes a perennial All Pro you’ll still hate the pick?

What are you talking bout man :rofl:
I doubt he becomes that if he's already getting burned by undrafted players. I don't care what situation it is in it's not a good look.. I know I'm not the only one thinking he was only good because Nelson

Last edited:
I think we can all agree it is way too early to judge. Probably won’t be able to say anything definitive about him until 2020 with the way Football tends to work. I’m saving all judgement til he plays some NFL games.

Sure, it wasn’t the sexy pick. But if he plays all pro, like NYone suggested, or even close it sure would be hard to hate on the pick.

Word is WR Richie James and an undrafted try out FB (whose name I cannot find) were making noise with some nice catches. I wonder if/how they’d fit though with our incumbent wide Receivers and Juice at fb and the fact that we have less roster spots available this year than last.

The amount of reaching in some of these posts is hilarious. You all will be fine with the pick after Staley retires in a year and we arent left without someone protecting our 25M a year investment

You know next year unless they find there’s a starter on the roster another Draft pick is going to be spent on Tackle.

Supposed to be a good class of Tackle prospects also.

Last edited:
You know next year unless they find there’s a starter on the roster another Draft pick is going to be spent on Tackle.

Supposed to be a good class of Tackle prospects also.

I'm good with that. I kind of thought they would do that this year but having two tackles and garnett under 25, and Weston at 27 will not make me complain one bit.

I think we can all agree it is way too early to judge. Probably won’t be able to say anything definitive about him until 2020 with the way Football tends to work. I’m saving all judgement til he plays some NFL games.

Sure, it wasn’t the sexy pick. But if he plays all pro, like NYone suggested, or even close it sure would be hard to hate on the pick.

Word is WR Richie James and an undrafted try out FB (whose name I cannot find) were making noise with some nice catches. I wonder if/how they’d fit though with our incumbent wide Receivers and Juice at fb and the fact that we have less roster spots available this year than last.
I know we have a Wentzs cousin in who plays FB.

Niners didn't offer anyone a contract from try outs.

Beadles released. Peace out.

Back
Top Bottom