:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You know how it goes with PFF. They had Arik Armstead graded above Deforest Buckner earlier this year. :sick: Not sure where he ended, but that should've never been the case.

Landry and Davenport above Chubb? PFF is trolling lol.

Per Shanahan
The initial reaction (was) I don’t want to lose good coaches, at all, and you don’t have to. But it’s very tough to keep a coach back when he’s getting a huge promotion. It’s a tough position that we’re in because I want to do right by people, always. But my No. 1 job is to do what’s best for the 49ers. That’s what you got to always think about, and losing good coaches is not what’s best for the 49ers.”
Man I love our coach!!! :emoji_hugging::emoji_hugging::emoji_hugging:

So if the new DL coach looks to play Solo inside more next year, and with DJ Jones taking over Earl Mitchell's spot last year, is it safe to say we're not taking QW with that 2nd pick if Bosa isn't available? If so I think we trade down and dont take Allen 2nd overall.

So if the new DL coach looks to play Solo inside more next year, and with DJ Jones taking over Earl Mitchell's spot last year, is it safe to say we're not taking QW with that 2nd pick if Bosa isn't available? If so I think we trade down and dont take Allen 2nd overall.
I’m not quite understanding the souring on Josh Allen. Dude was extremely versatile for that Kentucky Defense and Checked all the requisite boxes for a speed rusher that will go in the 1st five picks of most drafts.

Yes he does rely on speed and length often against tackles who appear to not be able to effectively kick-slide and stay in front but that’s his Go-to move currently. And it works often.

I’m not quite understanding the souring on Josh Allen. Dude was extremely versatile for that Kentucky Defense and Checked all the requisite boxes for a speed rusher that will go in the 1st five picks of most drafts.

Its not souring for me. Its how its always been. I dont have a ton of first hand knowledge on him, but everything I read is saying this guy got buy with athleticism and speed....and his fundamentals, pass rush moves, counter moves, etc. are below average. Its a scary pick because he wont be more athletic and faster than everyone in the NFL, and since he lacks most other skills, its very easy to see this guy being a giant bust.

IMHO the draft is the draft. You draft the BPA for your needs. The rest is up to the coaches and team to put the player in the best position to develop and be an NFL level talent. Anyone can be a bust or a hit. How many #1 overalls have failed.

I really like Josh Allen. If that's who they go with after interviews and vetting, I'm okay with that. While he absolutely scares the **** out of me, he also makes me hyped because dude always seems to find a way to impact the game. Not to mention he's pure lightning off the edge. He brings a lot of versatility with his ability to cover and move around to the table and allows a creative DC to do a lot.

Rocking this sweater today I got back in 2012 ... reminiscing on better days

E6F9FBB4-6A18-4348-BAA9-038DFD4E21ED.jpeg

0FC3AA3E-937C-48D3-B136-70A65C6D335E.jpeg

Bro, this dude talking like it's 1985. The entire 4-3/3-4 stuff is so antiquated nowadays. Most teams run hybrid schemes, and if a DC can't fit a player like Bosa in his defense, he needs to get **** canned. Besides, his brother played in a "3-4" and balled.

Richburg hurt his knee in week 3, I believe? Apparently, it was a pretty damn serious injury.

Bro, this dude talking like it's 1985. The entire 4-3/3-4 stuff is so antiquated nowadays. Most teams run hybrid schemes, and if a DC can't fit a player like Bosa in his defense, he needs to get **** canned. Besides, his brother played in a "3-4" and balled.
He’s correct tho about Quinnen Williams being able to play multiple positions along the defensive front in a traditional 3-4.

He flashes that stoutness to be able to hold his ground at 0 or 1technique.

Back
Top Bottom