:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He’s correct tho about Quinnen Williams being able to play multiple positions along the defensive front in a traditional 3-4.

I respectfully disagree here, bro He struggled to anchor versus doubles at times this season, especially when he's head up and asked to hold the point. He got absolutely manhandled versus Clemson when he was head up. It was pretty ugly. I've got the clips somewhere around here.

IMO, dude is 100% a penetrating nose. He needs to be attacking upfield where he's at his best being quick, slippery and firing his hands. He fits in a one gap 3-4 like Vic Fangio's. If he's asked to read and react, then his strengths are being limited.

Terrill Hanks might be this year's Darius Leonard. Dude caught my eye from the jump during the South practice. Fast, long, and jacked as hell. Dude has been knocking heads out there this week.

There's something about the Senior Bowl and LBs. If someone stands out there, there's a good chance he's going to be good. It was there that Fred Warner stood out to me. :nerd:

I respectfully disagree here, bro He struggled to anchor versus doubles at times this season, especially when he's head up and asked to hold the point. He got absolutely manhandled versus Clemson when he was head up. It was pretty ugly. I've got the clips somewhere around here.

IMO, dude is 100% a penetrating nose. He needs to be attacking upfield where he's at his best being quick, slippery and firing his hands. He fits in a one gap 3-4 like Vic Fangio's. If he's asked to read and react, then his strengths are being limited.
Your assessment is accurate he did get served some humble pie during the national championship.

I was more so projecting with his body type/room for growth and age (turned 21 in December). That he could turn into versatile piece along a 3-4 defensive front. When double teamed I’ve seen him do great job of plugging both A gaps but it is the college level and it is Alabama.

Not sure if it’s a major concern but just read about Josh Allen being diagnosed with osgood-schlatter disease in his knees during high school.

Sounds like the condition can flare up at times causing pain and discomfort.

9CDBC8C8-D1F6-4F48-8C27-E72346E04B6F.png
8F34D16F-57B3-4862-BB88-55CD287AAD9C.png
What’s the rest of AB’s contract looking like?
that 2018 annual salary was converted into a signing bonus that is why it appears so much less. The last 3 years of the deal are accurate as far as base salary and bonuses

Contract Notes
WR Antonio Brown signed a $68 million contract extension with the Pittsburgh Steelers on February 27, 2017. All contract details come via a report from Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio who was broke the full contract. Brown will receive a $19 million signing bonus which is the guaranteed portion of the contract. In 2018 Brown will earn a $6 million roster bonus if he is on the roster on the fifth day of the league year. In 2019 there is a $2.5 million roster bonus due on the 5th day of the league year. Brown's cap charge should remain unchanged in 2017.

Per multiple outlets the Steelers restructured Brown's contract on March 7, 2018 by converting his $6 million roster bonus and all but $915,000 of his base salary to a signing bonus. The move should create $9.72 million in cap space for the Steelers while increasing his cap charge by $3.24 million each of the final four

Last edited:
Not sure if it’s a major concern but just read about Josh Allen being diagnosed with osgood-schlatter disease in his knees during high school.

Yo, doesn't that only affect kids? I remember hearing about when I was younger. I think people grow out of it. I need to Google it lol.

Yo, doesn't that only affect kids? I remember hearing about when I was younger. I think people grow out of it. I need to Google it lol.
I think some do. The symptoms seem mild. So nothing major.

Edit- Looks like most do.

Was watching a video on his plight and it was mentioned.

We’re not getting AB :lol:

If I’m the Steelers why would I accommodate any of his needs.

Id send him to Washington to rot.

AB was a big supporter of Le’Veon Bell and his hold out. He might take it a step further and not hold out, but dog it on the field. That is a good enough reason to trade him.

AB was a big supporter of Le’Veon Bell and his hold out. He might take it a step further and not hold out, but dog it on the field. That is a good enough reason to trade him.
His agent is Drew Rosenhaus who was able to get TO to where he wanted to go by being extremely vocal before there was social media.

Maybe Antonio Brown is following the blueprint.:nerd:

Onset during childhood but it effects you for your entire life, unfortunately. One of my best friends got it when he was a kid, we were literally just running around on the grass playing outside at school one day when he fell to the ground clutching his knee and had to go to the dr.

Turned it was osgood-slatter disease or as we called it "ostrich-slaughter disease" :lol:

Basically you're most vulnerable to it as a kid or adolescent, especially during growth spurts, it can be brought on by repetitive motion injury, but once you have osgood-slatter disease a painful bump grows right below your knee cap that basically will never go away.

You can warm it up and stretch it out to make it feel better and move better but the disease never fully goes away. One of the fastest WRs in the league Breshard Perriman (Ravens, Browns) has struggled with it since he was a teen.

If it's affecting him today, the NFL will find it, believe that. It'll red flagged with the quickness at the combine.

But I watched every Kentucky game this year, and I don't think I saw him limp or miss a snap due to any potential knee isues.

Back
Top Bottom