:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if they wanted a starter this early they should have taken Big Mac tonight jones

everyone knew Trey had upside and talent but would be a project QB by comparison and Mac was a shake n bake ready pro

Now trey gonn have to make his first real start on the road vs a dominant *** cardinals team

All we can do is pray Alex Mack Trent Williams not seriously injured or Trey gonna have to do all that without a good O line protection

yall high on Mac? I was so relieved we didn't draft him.

he wasn’t the sexy pick he isn’t a running threat or a freak athlete

but he processes fast and makes more reads in a snap than the last 5-6 guys who have started at QB for the 9ers

Mac Jones in and of himself was not the problem. Trading up from 12 and giving away 2 future 1sts was.

Also, questioning the legitimacy of Jimmy’s injury is preposterous. Just sit down and think for a minute. Who in their right mind is going to fake an injury so that the heir to the position takes his job sooner rather than later?

Mac Jones in and of himself was not the problem. Trading up from 12 and giving away 2 future 1sts was.

Also, questioning the legitimacy of Jimmy’s injury is preposterous. Just sit down and think for a minute. Who in their right mind is going to fake an injury so that the heir to the position takes his job sooner rather than later?
:lol::lol::lol::lol: Not how this works in my head, bruh. He didn't say I'm hurt; I can't go back in the second half. The team needed to see what Trey could do and that's what they told the public. Trey being trash and having to put Jimmy back out there after he's back "healthy" allows for an out. Pulling a healthy, subpar Jimmy for a healthy, trash Trey would appear incompetent. NFL coaches/front offices can't afford to appear incompetent.

Also, these are just the thoughts of a cynical fan who took one too many Marketing/PR classes in undergrad. I could be completely wrong. Don't think anyone thought Jimmy was hurt going into the half though.

"Hopefully it will just be a couple of weeks." -Jimmy G

He also mentioned that it felt like he got stepped on. That's an Achilles based on what's being said.

This is Trey's team now.

this. they said it was the first series but then he played through it to the first half so if he tore his achilles he’s either one tough sob or it’s probably a strain or something.

this. they said it was the first series but then he played through it to the first half so if he tore his achilles he’s either one tough sob or it’s probably a strain or something.
Or maybe it's just his excuse for playing trash. Either way, it's time for Trey to take over anyway.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Not how this works in my head, bruh. He didn't say I'm hurt; I can't go back in the second half. The team needed to see what Trey could do and that's what they told the public. Trey being trash and having to put Jimmy back out there after he's back "healthy" allows for an out. Pulling a healthy, subpar Jimmy for a healthy, trash Trey would appear incompetent. NFL coaches/front offices can't afford to appear incompetent.

Also, these are just the thoughts of a cynical fan who took one too many Marketing/PR classes in undergrad. I could be completely wrong. Don't think anyone thought Jimmy was hurt going into the half though.
What do you think is the more logical conclusion? That Jimmy sabotaged the team, faked an injury, let a rookie QB get snaps in, let that roomie fail, just to be put back in to look like a hero in a losing effort?…or, he’s actually hurt?

What do you think is the more logical conclusion? That Jimmy sabotaged the team, faked an injury, let a rookie QB get snaps in, let that roomie fail, just to be put back in to look like a hero in a losing effort?…or, he’s actually hurt?
Those aren't the options in my head. Him not playing in the second half wasn't his call (in my head). Our offense struggled to put up points and they wanted to see Trey. It's as simple as that. I don't think there was any sabotage involved. :lol: :lol:

Start of the 2nd half is when they started going 3 and out and had a costly TO on the kickoff. 1st half they were actually driving the ball down the field, just couldn't score. We were actually winning the TOP battle.

They scored 2 TD’s in the 2nd half and they were able to move the ball. And that turnover has nothing to do with the stagnant offense. You somehow forgot to mention Jimmy’s costly INT and the fact that he was trying to throw his receivers onto the IR.

Game wasn't on in my area. I learned Trey was starting through the posts here. One of them was something like "calf injury lol"......Shanny wanted to see Trey. I'm not saying Jimmy quit on the team or anything like that.

They scored 2 TD’s in the 2nd half and they were able to move the ball. And that turnover has nothing to do with the stagnant offense. You somehow forgot to mention Jimmy’s costly INT and the fact that he was trying to throw his receivers onto the IR.
The first TD wasn’t Trey dissecting the defense. It was the defense completely blowing the assignment. Any one of us could’ve made that throw. The second TD came from Seattle playing soft zone on the de facto final drive of the game. Other than that Trey didn’t complete more than a single pass on any of his drives. He looked every bit as raw and unready as I thought he would.

But all this bickering is a moot point now. Jimmy is going to be out a few weeks, so ready or not (not), the season is on Trey now.

Back
Top Bottom