:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This cant be real life? Sounds like a deeper root to this :nerd:

- Jed York
I said the same!!!....this can't be true, cant be real!!!!.......has to be something other than football related!!!......just when i thought ish couldn't get any worse, i shed a tear yesterday when i heard Gore was leaving now this my GUY and favorite current 9ER is hanging em up!!!!......im crying today!!!!:frown: :\ :frown:

Something aint right i could of sworn i saw him several times on IG and FB working out at the facility since the offseason started even recently and to just announce this today a day b4 the nfl calendar year im so confused and lost about this :smh:

Pat foreshadowed to this last year. He feels Chris Borland was the sign from God to leave game.

Straight from pat's mouth after last season ended:
View media item 1438398

God stays ******* **** up for everybody.:smh:

Last edited:
Don't know what to think. Team is a shell of what it once was. We need a new front office.

The only reason I acknowledge Ole Miss is hanging 'em up at 30. Glad he'll leave the game relatively healthy. Wish we had gotten him a super bowl. 

Short career, still HOF worthy. He's been a monster since day 1.

if we didn't have Borland I would be worried. I think we'll be ok. Replacing Justin is harder, but tank was beasting at the end of last year.

I always employ a "wait and see" approach to football. Let's just wait and see. Free agency hasn't started and the draft is a month away.

Last edited:
View media item 1438439
ZOLH2Nf.gif

I'll believe this when official statements come out from themselves... Until then they're paying this year :smile:

Even though the initial news sucks to hear, I'm taking the same approach as you red80
Wait and see.

If it does happen, ya it will suck cause Willis is the heart and soul and Justin Smith is like the anchor of the D-Line. Just gotta wait till its all official. (Frank as well)
But with the emergence of Borland last year and the signing of Dockett I wont't feel as bad if it does become official.

as an A's fan, I'd be lying if i said i wasn't accustomed to my team's front office gutting out the roster during the off season and presenting a new product every year (still got love for my boy tejada). but never before have i witnessed a team lose a significant amount of its core players, players who created a winning mentality for the franchise, in a matter of only 24 hours.

but that's the life of a sport's fan. with the cap situation and/or the age of players, i wasnt holding my breath for when fg21, cowboy, iupati, or crabs came back. HOWEVER, im utterly completely shocked and saddened by the willis news. my favorite 49er in our modern era, dude is cut from the same cloth of gods.

nevertheless, this team's defense hung in tough without aldon, willis, bowman, and brock for a majority of the season amd still played elite. i have full confidence this defense wont see a drop off.

So we've lost/are losing:

- Harbaugh
- Lord Vic
- Frank
- PWilly
- PCox
- Cully
- Crab
- Brooks
- Cowboy
- Iupati

Who else?

Last edited:
Wait and see is the best approach to sports. It took me 20+ years of fandom to realize this, but it's ingrained in me now. Just wait and see. No point in overreacting or underreacting. Sports never play out the way we envision them to. Just wait and see.

Last edited:
While its a shame if PW52 retires, we aint taking a huge step back if Bowman is healthy and Borland can improve. Thank God this happened before they traded Wilhoite. 

It sucks. But the move to SANTA Clara got me prepared for negative results anyway.

Guess I'll forward to Gore's one day contract retirement.

What the..:smh:

Red, tell me this Paul Gutierrez is just talking gossip :x

Look, Willis was expected to make a full recovery and be joined in the middle of the Niners’ 3-4 defense by another former All-Pro, NaVorro Bowman, who missed all of last season still recovering from the gruesome left injury injury he suffered in the NFC title game in January 2014.

But now speculation is rampant that Bowman could be cut as well, a did-not-pass-the-physical casualty. Granted, it’s all conjecture at this point, but it’s also a logical leap.

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francis...etirement-shines-light-on-chris-borland-again

Edit: Guess the last sentence of that basically confirms that it is gossip :lol: but the fact that even exists is :smh: :stoneface:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom