:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Deebo will be back in time for the playoffs. Time for Aiyuk and Kittle to step it up in the pass game. I was so wrong about Brock, but I am so happy I was

Purdy elevates this offense with his ability to extend plays with his feet and fearlessness to throw deep passes. Factor that in with an already physical and effective run game and the offense becomes freakishly more balanced. Finally, this offense appears geared up to take some pressure off the defense!
This is why Kyle wanted to go with Trey. Purdy is killing it.

BCB. Love being back out this way.
5ED77206-BC24-4FF5-9E73-5405809E8749.jpeg
89E7CADC-5ACE-4B53-8163-C5EAB8656F02.jpeg

Analyst keep saying Jimmy has a better arm than Purdy but Purdy has now gone deep way more accurately than Jimmy has. Any time Jimmy throws deep im never confident it’ll be on the money.
Jimmy does have a better arm.

Purdy just ain’t scared.

That miss to Sanders really traumatized him.

Jimmy does have a better arm.

Purdy just ain’t scared.

That miss to Sanders really traumatized him.
He might, but I don't think it's significantly better nor do I think he's more accurate going deep. So far, the only superior thing Jimmy G has over Purdy is a faster release and of course accuracy down the middle. Purdy has been more poised with pressure, more elusive, better pocket presence, throwing velocity seems superior, and he just seems to accurate in more varieties of passes besides going down the middle. Poise seems to be his biggest attribute, I think it helps him make better decisions in a multitude of scenarios(nailing completions with pressure right in his face, finding holes in redzone, avoiding sacks, progression, being more accurate, throwing on the run, finding receivers coming back, etc.).

In 10 games with Jimmy G as the 49ers QB this season, the 49ers averaged 23.9 points.

In 2 games with Brock Purdy as the 49ers QB vs Mia and TB (2 playoff teams mind you), the 49ers are averaging 34 points per game.

Now that's more like it.

You know I try to be level headed about things. But it’s been fun as hell seeing Purdy go out there and play well.

The Rams had their Kurt Warner feel good story where he came out of nowhere and played great. The Patriots hit the jackpot with Tom Brady. It would be nice to see the 49ers unexpectedly stumble onto the next big thing and find that diamond in the rough. There’s eventually going to be a 7th round pick qb who has a great NFL career. Why not have it be the 49ers who strike gold. Because lord knows some team is eventually going to hit on a late round qb.

Back
Top Bottom