:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if Brock's oblique is strained or injured, it's got me legitimately concerned about having him play on Thursday on a short week. I know a lot of folks here were upset by Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23 's comment about starting Josh Johnson but there is some logic in it –you don't want to risk turning a minor injury into something catastrophic for the player/team.

but then again, this is football and you don't want to lose momentum and you take every measure you can to lock up the division this and gain ground on the #2 seed. hopefully the kid is good enough to play on Thursday, in either case, gonna be a lot of CMC and Jordan Mason this week. i want to see Mason get more touches in the first half.

I'm starting Jordan Mason on all my fantasy football teams this week.

The next coming of beastmode bout to go beastmode in the house that Marshawn Built. Plus the team need ls to give CMC a little of a lighter load right now as he continue to nurse that knee

Start Josh Johnson. Can't be st👀pid and risk our best QB to further injury that could cause him to miss more games. If Purdy gets hit hard again and worsens the injury, then what?

And we already know Seattle ALWAYS got that home cookin, cheatin *** refs on deck. Something bad always happens in Seattle.

49ers are on a 6 game win streak and in a good rhythm. However, they Do Not want to peak too early.

4 of the 5 49ers Super Bowl winning teams had a loss or two in the last 7 games of the regular season before beginning to peak right before the playoffs started.

All Josh Johnson will need to do on Thursday is hand the ball off to The BeastMason 20 times for 120 yards, shift CMC (aka Running Receiver) to the Deebo (aka Wide Back) role, let Jennings and Aiyuk cook, look out for Kittle, and we good. #1 D in the league should be able to keep SEA at bay.

Last edited:
Ideal scenario, they go up big on Seattle early, and the second half proceeds to feature a lot of running the ball while sitting on a lead.

Speaking of peaking early. I think the Seahawks peaked early. They’ve lost 3 of their last 4, and the only game they won was against the Rams on a last minute touchdown. I know Seattle has had the 49ers number in the past. But this is a game to put that to rest. Win on Thursday, wrap the division up, and they can take as cautious an approach they want in terms of getting guys healthy for the final 3 games. Playing to win of course, but having the leeway to not rush guys back from their injuries as well.

we’re 9-4!!!

Change that title

1670942668496.gif

am i trippin or does the transition from jimmy to purdy remind anyone else of the transition of smith to kap? …

a veteran QB having a storybook “redemption” season gets injured and his young replacement immediately has the league buzzing? kap did beat brady that year, too :nerd: whatever the case is, niners really move the needle for the NFL headlines

Trey lance went from QB1 to QB3 in 3 months he can’t be feeling too good :lol:

I really hope they can salvage him. They gave up a lot for A guy whose entire football career is now a gigantic question mark
Kinda reminds me of the James Wiseman situation. Tons of potential, limited college reps, and injury set-backs to derail their early careers.

Kinda reminds me of the James Wiseman situation. Tons of potential, limited college reps, and injury set-backs to derail their early careers.

This is a good comparison. The Lance situation is tough though. On one hand. They invested alot to get him in the form of draft capital. But on the other hand, if things are working and the team is functioning while in win now mode. You can’t just disrupt that.

If Purdy keeps improving, and is a contributing factor in any postseason success they have. It’s going to be tough to just give the job back to Lance largely because he’s the 3rd pick and they traded picks to get him.

It sucks because there’s such a limited sample size with Trey. He caught a bad break with the injury this year and the monsoon like conditions in Chicago week 1. He hasn’t had the necessary development and on field experience. But if the team continues to click with another young qb, regardless of how crazy and unconventional the circumstances are. You can’t ignore that.

Back
Top Bottom