:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I want to win. I don't give a **** how it's done. And i definitely don't give a **** about winning with class.

Last edited:
You can have all the weapons you want on offense but it won't matter if Kaepernick doesn't get any protection or improve his accuracy.

Wait and see with Kap.
Bolster the defense in the meantime.

I'm not sure why it's so difficult to grasp.

This argument is over. I want offense. You guys want defense.

unless we drafted Tom Brady 2.0, no offensive player in this draft is going to come in and "blow the top off" defenses for us. like many have already said, we have veterans present and starting already (from OL to WR).our success depends on two things: the OL (which was addressed in last year's draft with Thomas) and Kaep's development this off season.

our strength is obviously on defense, so you continue to make sure that it stays elite thru the draft. the pieces on offense will fall in line in time.

Just give me a squad that plays hard defense and doesnt get conservitive w/ a 2 FG lead, is that too much to ask for?

I'm just tired of relying on our kickers to get our points. Been saying this since Alex Smith in 2011, still saying it today. Once our kickers starts playing like **** (Akers) we solely blame dude for our losses (Rams).

well you guys are in for disappointment if you're expecting any dramatic overhauls in philosophy. We play in the toughest defensive division in the entire league, we don't have an elite QB, our head coach is a defensive guy and our GM is not deviating from his proven football philosophy. He's already drafted many years around that philosophy, so we're going to play to our players strengths(which is what any intelligent team would do): playing solid d and running the ball. Period.

Last edited:
Not expecting a lot this season. It Is chemistry building time, if we can manage a 10-6, and wild card spot. We would definitely exceed expectations.

The 49ers have the wepons to be a great offense, there is no need to go out and get more weapons, when they dont utlize them. Its all up to Kap to get this offense to be great. But if he continues to show no progress and offense is struggling, we rely/relied on the defense to keep games within reach. Thats why most of us want the 49ers to go defense. Defesne wins championships.

Also with Jimmy T there is no way they are changing from philosophy that took the 49ers to the super bowl.

Last edited:
This topic was brought up on 95.7 a week ago that I thought was very interesting.  The question was what are the 5 biggest question marks of the 2015 season for the 49ers.

What makes it interesting IMO, is that when we knew we weren't going to make the playoffs last season and started thinking about next season, I think everyone was in agreement that Colin Kaepernick was our biggest question mark going into 2015.

Now fast forward a few months....

Is Colin Kaepernick even in the top 5 biggest question marks for the Niners 2015 season now?

I would say no.

He's still my number one question mark. He needs to return back to 2012 form.

The focal point will and always has been the progression of Kap since last year when he was relied on to win games.

But there defintely seems to be a lot of perceived Question Marks but same thing went on last years offseason with Dallas. But due to great QB play they were able to go 12-4
So with that being said Stop panicking faithful we will be ok.

Last edited:
View media item 1458250

PHOENIX -- Colin Kaepernick worked on conditioning, mechanics and his understanding of the game during his 10 weeks in Arizona to begin the offseason.

And the 49ers quarterback spent a lot of time developing more familiarity with some of his teammates, too.

Quinton Patton and Bruce Ellington were among the players who ran routes for Kaepernick during the training sessions. Quarterback coach Dennis Gile said he saw Kaepernick and the 49ers wide receivers building chemistry.

“They looked good together on a daily basis,” Gile said. “Those guys were here for three or four weeks during the time we were here, so they spent a good amount of time together. They trained hard together.”

Patton and Ellington will likely compete for the job as the 49ers’ No. 3 wide receiver behind presumptive starters Anquan Boldin and Torrey Smith. Patton was the team’s third receiver at the end of his rookie year in 2013. He spent last offseason with Kaepernick in Miami but was unable to pass Ellington or Brandon Lloyd on the depth chart. Patton caught just three passes for 44 yards in four games.

Ellington won the job as the 49ers’ primary return man after coming to the 49ers as a fourth-round draft pick. He appeared in 13 games last season as a rookie and caught six passes for 62 yards and two touchdowns.

Former Australian rugby league player Jarryd Hayne recently reported to the EXOS training facility in Phoenix to work out with his new 49ers teammates, too.

“The one thing about Colin and those working out around him, he pushes himself to the limit,” Gile said. “He works extremely hard. He works out extremely hard in the weight room and on the field. He’s the first one to get here and last one to leave. He leads people with his emotion, whether it’s someone on the 49ers or Odell Beckham or whoever’s over there. He’s pushing everybody to get better. He’s a really good leader.”

Beckham, Jarvis Landry, Ricardo Lockette, Darrius Heyward-Bey and Cincinnati running back Jeremy Hill were among the players on other teams who worked out with Kaepernick. Draft prospects Kevin White, Dorial Green-Beckham and Jaelen Strong also regularly ran routes for Kaepernick during the offseason training sessions.

The 49ers' official offseason program is scheduled to begin on April 6 at the team's practice facility in Santa Clara.

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 8 minutes ago
Compensatory picks will be announced around 6PM today. The 49ers are expecting two selections, possibly in fourth and seventh rounds.

Last edited:
Kaepernick is my number one question mark as well.

Hopefully his hard work this offseason manifests on the field. He chose some great people to work with.

Last edited:

This topic was brought up on 95.7 a week ago that I thought was very interesting.  The question was what are the 5 biggest question marks of the 2015 season for the 49ers.

What makes it interesting IMO, is that when we knew we weren't going to make the playoffs last season and started thinking about next season, I think everyone was in agreement that Colin Kaepernick was our biggest question mark going into 2015.

Now fast forward a few months....

Is Colin Kaepernick even in the top 5 biggest question marks for the Niners 2015 season now?

I would say no.
he's still top 5 imo

top 5 no order:

ILB

QB

TE

CB 

OL

Who knows. We will be in the playoff mix that's for sure.

Baalke needs to kill this upcoming draft. Last year's class was great, but this year's needs to be better.

Last edited:
I still think Kap potential is as good as anyone in the league, its crazy to think some are making it make or break year. But it basically is.

If Kap impoves to be better than ever, no telling what the 49ers can do next year.

This team will Live and Die by Kap...point blank PERIOD. Tired of these Kap apologists....time to keep it one hunnid with the prodigal son.

wait, Briggs still in the league?? he might as well be mentioned in the same breath as ditka and singletary if we're talking about age and last time they were relevant

Back
Top Bottom