:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Imagine Dalvin Cook on this team :evil:

given how frequently EMitch goes down, wouldn’t be mad if they kicked the tires on him if he’s brought in on an incentive-laden deal.. doesn’t need to be the thousand yard rusher he was with minny but maybe a third down back for those 3rd and shorts. would be better than the tevin campbell signing a few years back

but i could see Cook wanting big money and the niners preferring to see what they have in mason and TDP this pre season

Nah 9ers still need a good backup for Brock just sad that it’s come to this we’re about to have year 3 of the trey era sidelined again. His best chance at starting now now is a Brock Purdy injury …. which isn’t a great spot to be in.

I wouldn’t even say it’s in hindsight, because I had a similar sentiment back in 2021. But they should’ve never traded up to draft Trey in the first place if they didn’t have every intention of him starting his rookie year outside of Jimmy playing at an elite level.

When you trade what you traded to move up to draft a guy 3rd overall. Unless he’s absolute dog crap in camp. He needs to be playing sooner rather than later. If he simply so much as made it interesting in training camp back in 2021, he should’ve been starting. Like you shouldn’t even have to beat out Jimmy in that situation, but simply show enough to justify going with him week 1. That was a talented roster so it wouldn’t be like he was put in a Zach Wilson or Trevor Lawrence situation with an absolute trash roster. And in Trevor Lawrence’s case, absolute trash coaching as well.

Yeah they made the NFC championship game in 2021. But you really can’t say it was because of Jimmy putting the team on his back and playing like 2004 Drew Brees after the Chargers drafted Phillip Rivers.

Trey having minimal in game action in college in 2020 due to Covid only magnified that as not playing much in 2021 was just more time since he last had consistent in game action in 2019.

IMG_0652.jpeg

I have a dream...

That this season Pat Mahomes stinks up the playoffs allowing Josh Allen to advance to the Super Bowl to play the 49ers, and Brock Purdy wins Super Bowl MVP #1.

The following season, Mahomes and Reid come back with a vengeance and return to the Super Bowl to face Brock Purdy's 49ers and Shanahan redeems himself and finally beats his Uncle Andy when it counts most.

Purdy gets SB MVP #2 and just like that Brock the Irrelevant Legend is talked about in the same sentence as Joe and Steve and "Purdy doin em dirty" is trademarked

#6ontheway

It’s definitely Brock’s job right now, but Trey or Darnold could definitely come in and possibly steal the job if Brock regresses or gets hurt and they produce. I really want to see a full season of Trey but with a win-now roster we owe it to the team to play the guy who’s done the most. Can’t believe I’m saying it but I kind of miss having Jimmy around. He was made of glass but the guy won hella games in our system when available. Couldn’t throw deep for beans but got the ball into capable hands short consistently to let them take it the rest of the way. Deebo and Aiyuk might not be the sexiest names at receiver but the empire knows they’re a top 5 duo in terms of talent.

It’s definitely Brock’s job right now, but Trey or Darnold could definitely come in and possibly steal the job if Brock regresses or gets hurt and they produce. I really want to see a full season of Trey but with a win-now roster we owe it to the team to play the guy who’s done the most. Can’t believe I’m saying it but I kind of miss having Jimmy around. He was made of glass but the guy won hella games in our system when available. Couldn’t throw deep for beans but got the ball into capable hands short consistently to let them take it the rest of the way. Deebo and Aiyuk might not be the sexiest names at receiver but the empire knows they’re a top 5 duo in terms of talent.
I hear ya, but not a single bone in me misses Jimmy. He had one solid year - 2019 - and he's regressed since. Not gonna miss that at all

Thank the Lord for BCB!!

I wonder how things work out in Oakland between Jimmy and Devonte Adams. He made a career off catching deep ball small window darts from A-Rod. Not sure what that will translate to with a short ball YAC QB like Jimmy.

Unless Brock is injured he starts

Trey backup and they probably still kick tires on a trade partner, he’s got a lot of upside and not as a 8mil / year clipboard carrier

Darnold wel probably have to carry as QB3 in light of last season

was supposed to go out for dinner out here in mexico city but nfl network is playing the 2011 nfc divisional game, niners vs saints. decided to just go around the corner for tacos and come back to watch it. game was so damn electric. season didn’t end how we wanted but man this game was one of my favorites of all time. need ‘23-‘24 season to start already

VD with an all time great game
IMG_2913.jpeg

was supposed to go out for dinner out here in mexico city but nfl network is playing the 2011 nfc divisional game, niners vs saints. decided to just go around the corner for tacos and come back to watch it. game was so damn electric. season didn’t end how we wanted but man this game was one of my favorites of all time. need ‘23-‘24 season to start already

VD with an all time great game
IMG_2913.jpeg
Alex Smith's all time greatest game as a 49er

Back
Top Bottom