:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
outside of this thread, I get the feeling that there's an overwhelmingly large contingent of niner fans who still believe in Kaep and want him to be a starter for this team. I know the folx in here can discuss football at length and see Kaep for what he is, but I what if we're in the minority? Jed's a business man, he knows Kaep jerseys could still sell if Kaep somehow redeems himself. I don't have to look any further back than Alex Smith. I remember that man's #11 jersey being on sale at Marshall's for $19.99 in every single size; by 2012, back to full price.

like it's been stated, Kaep is on a boost mobile contract that is incentive-laden. it's a win-win for the niners' FO. if he sucks, they've saved money on a relatively "cheap" QB. if he succeeds, then that probably means the team's either doing well or his trade stock goes up.

I'll go ahead and stick my neck out when I say this, but under that logic, i don't mind keeping kaep for another season. if 2016-2017 is just the first step in the part of a rebuild, why not try to get more for kaep than a bag of peanuts and anything lower than a 3rd round pick?

you're right, moe, we are the minority in here. Majority of football fans are clueless and have no understanding of what they're seeing transpire on the field.

a lot of 49er fans are still enamored with what Kap did in 2012. Unfortunately, it's no longer 2012, and teams no longer play him how they did back then. Defenses have adjusted and exploited his weaknesses. This is the NFL. You better get with the ****, or you'll be on the outside looking in overnight. Kap has done absolutely nothing to improve in 5 years. He's exactly the same player he was 5 years ago.

You have to look at it from Kap's perspective, too. He's in a locker room where he knows there's teammates that don't want him to be there, and a GM/head coach that don't believe in him. You have a QB who isn't committed to the team, and teammates who aren't committed to him. Nobody wants deal with that. Better for both sides to move on.

Last edited:
definitely agree about is being in the minority, I try to tell people and get hit with the "but he almost won us the super bowl" :lol:

It's like people feel like you have to be unquestionably failthfull to be a niner fan...and those people that are probably know buns about football

doubt it, but you never know.

imagine passing on goff because kap is on the roster 
sick.gif
 kap fizzles out once again next season, and we blew the chance to draft a franchise QB.

Last edited:
You think SD will take a corner after they signed Casey Hayward today?

(Ramsey is hard to pass up)

He'll play safety. Will fill the void left by Eric Weddle. They could go Ronnie Stanely there, too(I wouldn't). 

Last edited:
btw I read a rumor today that Titans are starting to consider Jalen Ramsey with the #1 pick.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ezkiel Elliot sneak into the first 6 picks. Could be a wild card with Dallas at 4.

Last edited:
I just don't see how he's on the roster one way or another next season. Alex Smith was traded and his salary was something like $8mil. No way Kap plays backup at $12mil. None.

[h1]  [/h1][h1]$$$POST-COMBINE/FREE AGENCY MOCK DRAFT $$$[/h1][h1]1st Round: Jared Goff QB - 6'4", 215 lbs[/h1]

Not much needs to be said here. We finally have our franchise quarterback. The best feet on a quarterback coming out of College since Drew Brees. Oozes with poise and confidence in the pocket. Has an advanced grasp of the mental nuances of football. The golden child is coming home to play for his childhood team in front his family and friends.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[h1]2nd Round: Vernon Butler DT - 6'4", 323 lbs, 35 1/8" arm length, 10 3/4" hands[/h1]

Bad *** ************. Absolutely looks and plays the part of an *** kicker in the trenches. Rare combination of size, strength and athleticism. Really does remind me of Muhammad Wilkerson. Went to the Senior Bowl and kicked everyones ***. Has the physical traits general managers dream of in their 5-techniques. 35 1/8" arms are longer than Deforest Buckner's arms. Nasty player with long grapevine arms, strong hands, and brute power that allows him to bully linemen at the point of attack. Textbook technique when he stacks, sheds and locates the ball. Provide a legitimate threat as an interior rusher with his quickness off the ball and variety of pass rush moves as a 3-technique in nickel package.
[h1]3rd Round(BROWNS): Christian Westerman OG/C - 6'3", 300 lbs, 33 1/2" arm length, 11 7'8" hands[/h1]
NFL COMPARISON Alex Mack

BOTTOM LINE Quick-­twitch, athletic guard who comes from a football family and has been working on his strength and athleticism from a young age. Offensive line coaches will appreciate Westerman's technical savvy and zone scheme teams will covet his fluidity and blocking ability on the move. A move to center is not out of the question thanks to his body type and quickness and his draft stock may be helped by a potential ability to offer roster depth at several offensive line positions.
One of my favorite linemen in the draft. Christian has the ideal combination of size, strength and athleticism required in Chip's zone scheme. Moves very well in space. Great feet and very fluid athlete. Plus understanding of zone combo-blocking concepts. Extremely intelligent player. Comes from a football family. Can play everywhere on the interior. Fills a glaring need and starts from day 1.
[h1]3rd Round: Tyler Matakevich ILB - 6'0, 238 lbs, 31 1/4", 9 1/2"[/h1]

Old school, playing making linebacker. Has a nose for the ball and isn’t afraid to get bloody. Tackling machine. Doesn't waste steps. Trusts what he sees and reacts accordingly. Vocal leader. Like Borland, he doesn’t have the prototypical speed and size for the position, but he makes up for it with instincts, quickness and grit.
[h1]4th Round 105: Dadi Nicolas OLB - 6'3", 235 lbs, 34 3/4 arm length, 10 3/8" hands[/h1]

Covered Dadi a couple days ago. Twitchy and athletic, Dadi has those long, 35-inch Dr. Octopus arms that Baalke covets in his pass rushers. Plays with relentless effort, active hands and excellent closing speed. Demonstrates multiple pass rush moves. Shows understanding of set ups and counters against linemen in spurts. Had 18 tackles for loss and 8.5 sacks in 2014, but had production slip in 2015 due to multiple hand injuries. Needs to bulk up and get stronger, but that will be addressed inside a NFL weight room and cafeteria.
[h1]4th Round 133: Isaac Seumalo OG/C - 6'4", 303 lbs, 33" arm length, 9 7/8" hands[/h1]
 [h4]BOTTOM LINE[/h4] Seumalo proved that he was back from a foot injury that sidelined him for all of 2014 with the same foot quickness and technical talent that he had before his injury. Seumalo can play anywhere on the interior, but his best position might be at center thanks to his core strength and overall anchor.
I saw this guy kick Deforest Buckner’s ***. Great combo feet, size and strength. Another prototypical zone guy that can move well in spance and blessed with that uso strength. Teams STILL worried about an old foot injury, but I am not. Another great zone scheme fit with his quickness and mental grasp of zone concepts.  Can play anywhere on the interior. Can NEVER have too many polys on your team.
pimp.gif

[h1]5th Round 142 Josh Ferguson RB - 5'9", 198lbs, 30" arm length, 9' hands[/h1]

Chip features a ton of wheel routes, swing passes and a myriad of other passes out of the backfield in his offense. He loves to flex his RBs as wide receivers. We need that Darren Sproles/LMJ/DAT type scatback that is a legit pass-catching threat. Josh Ferguson will provide that backfield element we’re missing. Electric in space. Ankle breaker. Makes guys look silly with his ability to stop and go in the blink of an eye. Provides versatility with his ability to return kicks and field punts.
[h1]5th Round 145: Charone Peake WR - 6'2", 209 lbs, 34" arm length, 9 1/4" hands[/h1]

On the surface, checks the boxes of a #1 wide receiver. 6'2, 209 lbs and ran a 4.3 at his pro day. Outstanding size, length and speed. Legit deep threat. Physical and willing run blocker. Hands, routes and understanding of working coverages needs work, but he has physical traits that are worth taking a chance on.
[h1]5th Round 174: Deiondre’ Hall CB - 6'2, 200 lbs, 34 3/8" arm length, 9 3/4" hands[/h1]

Small-school prospect. Big body with long arms. Knows how to use his size to his advantage. Tenacious player that isn’t afraid to mix it up with big wide receivers. Smart football player with great instincts. A little stiff and not the fastest, but for a late-round pick, he has good size for the position that is worth the pick.

Last edited:
^ that's awesome, I've been plugging in Westerman in 3rd/4th rounds in the mocks I've been playing with too :lol:

Red, what are your thoughts on Landon Turner, Vadal Alexander, Le'Raven Clark, Joshua Garnette, Sebastian Tretola for o-linemen?

I think DJ Foster could be a good late round pick too for a speedy RB if they don't end up getting De'Anthony Thomas.

btw I read a rumor today that Titans are starting to consider Jalen Ramsey with the #1 pick.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ezkiel Elliot sneak into the first 6 picks. Could be a wild card with Dallas at 4.
If they are targeting Elliot they would be wise to trade down with us.

And if it only costs a 3rd or 4th to move up those 3 spots I hope Baalke would consider.

Highly doubt that Titans take Ramsey... They have all those weapons on offense... With no line, Mariotta still won't be able to do anything

That oline needs to be addressed asap

Le'Raven is very interesting. I think he could be really good, but he needs a lot of coaching and refinement. He would fit our scheme, too.

I don't see Tretola, Garnett, Alexander and Turner as good fits here. Too heavy footed and wound up tight. These guys are phone booth guys. All of these guys would have been better fits in our old power scheme. With Chip, we need linemen that are athletic, smart and fleet of foot.

my favorite OT is Jason Spriggs and OG/C Christian Westerman.

Last edited:
^ You think any of these RB's could fit w/ us if Ferguson doesn't end up being taken or isn't available?

Tre Madden
Daniel Lasco
Kelvin Taylor
Paul Perkins

Or any chance Baalke "surprises" us again and takes a RB early? Like a Devontae Booker or etc?

Last edited:
i really like paul perkins. i would definitely draft him to split carries with los. really good fit for chip's scheme. his running style reminds me of a smaller and quicker version marcus lattimore.

i dont think we should touch a RB until the 4th at the earliest.

Last edited:
lol look at the linebackers trying  to keep up with ferguson. this is exactly what chip is looking for. that scatback that creates a huge mismatch for a LB.

05-ferguson-double-spin.gif

il-ks-05.gif

bonus gifs

il-unc-02.gif

spillinois.0.gif

they need some milk 

Last edited:
If we dont draft a qb and its between kaep and blaine give me kaep . He still gives the team the highest chance to win

Back
Top Bottom