:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Red, was reading your write up on Josh Ferguson and you mentioned that Chip likes calling plays for a scatback like DAT/LMJ/Sproles. what's your take on Hayne filling in that role? Granted he doesn't have the typical speed and size of those aforementioned players, watching Hayne in open space out of a swing pass is exciting as hell. If he learns how to block in the backfield, I could see him getting some PT

as a rebuilding team, do we have the wiggle room to risk a 2nd round pick on a player who may never see a snap in the NFL?

I'd be comfortable with them taking jaylon in the 2nd if they go QB in the first
i wouldn't touch him until day 3(4th rnd-7rnd)
Red, was reading your write up on Josh Ferguson and you mentioned that Chip likes calling plays for a scatback like DAT/LMJ/Sproles. what's your take on Hayne filling in that role? Granted he doesn't have the typical speed and size of those aforementioned players, watching Hayne in open space out of a swing pass is exciting as hell. If he learns how to block in the backfield, I could see him getting some PT
cant see it. i think he can do it, but he's not going to maximize that role. chip is trying to create a giant mismatch with a smaller, shiftier guy. Your typical LB cannot keep up with the short area quickness and suddenness of a guy like josh ferguson. they're not built to do that. they're built to take on 300+lbs linemen, tackle RBs, cover huge tight ends, and withstand the punishment of playing in a box.

you flex out that scatback with a LB on an island, and you've got a massive mismatch in your favor. look at what shane vereen did to us earlier this year. that's what chip wants to do.

hayne is a big dude for a RB, which means big target for a LB to get his hands on and cover. he also doesn't have that "electric suddenness" or short area quicnkess that forces LBs to open up their hips and have trouble keeping up with. hayne is a straight line guy and that's easier to cover for a LB.

he also has a long way to go to run routes out of the backfield, let alone outside as a WR. that's a difficult role even for a seasoned running back. it takes a particular type of player to fill this role.

Last edited:
Hayne is gonna find it very tough to make the roster I imagine. And Bruce Miller.

yeah, i don't see hayne making the roster. i could be wrong, but i can't see it.

i feel better about bruce. i think chip will find a role for him, but he very well could end up being cut, too.

only RB on the roster whose position is safe is Los. Everyone has to earn their spot.

Last edited:
Myles Jack has put on a healthy amount of good size. Looked really stout at his pro day. He looks like a LB but moves like a DB. :x

our guy 
pimp.gif

i am impressed with wentz's mental acuity. the guy has a very thorough understanding and grasp of football from a mental standpoint. 

Last edited:
Wow both were very impressive. But Wentz definitely stands out on that for me. He just took control. Lol can you imagine Kap in this? :smh:

carson did an excellent job of summarizing why kaepernick will never be a great quarterback starting at 3:25

you dont want to see mooch with kap on the white board. after mooch draws up his concept, kap would be like, "are we still talking football or quantum physics?" 

"i just throw the ball to the first guy i see, as hard as possible, bro"

Last edited:
carson did an excellent job of summarizing why kaepernick will never be a great quarterback starting at 3:25

you dont want to see mooch with kap on the white board. after mooch draws up his concept, kap would be like, "are we still talking football or quantum physics?" 

"i just throw the ball to the first guy i see, as hard as possible, bro"

View media item 1952802

Lol I remember Colt Brennan said something similar the year he came out. June Jones made it easy for him in college.

Virginia Tech 
Dadi Nicholas improved on many of his Combine marks at today's pro day. He weighed in at 239 pounds (235 at combine), completed 19 reps on the bench (14 Combine), touched 10-5 in the broad jump (9-8 Combine) and timed the 40 in the high 4.6s (4.74 Combine). 

I'm told Nicholas looked terrific in drills, especially when asked to drop into coverage. He had interviews with several teams, among them the Cleveland Browns, Miami Dolphins and Green Bay Packers. 

Matt Barrows  ‏@mattbarrows   30s31 seconds ago

Huge number of 49ers coaches, scouts at San Jose State pro day, including Chip Kelly, Tom Rathman. Team HQ 10 miles away.
checking out SJSU RB tyler ervin 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
yup, myles jack is turning into a pipe dream at 7.

im starting to think that all the guys we want will be gone by 7. might be in our best interest to try trading down.

Last edited:
connor cook

watch it be the one time jason cole ends up being right 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
Very impressed with both qbs in the video. Thanks red.

I want either one but I don't see the Browns passing on Wentz.

[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Chip Kelly ready to ‘coach heck out of’ Colin Kaepernick[/h1]
SAN JOSE -- Chip Kelly said Wednesday he continues to have contact with quarterback Colin Kaepernick, including a phone call on Tuesday. But as he's been saying since he took over as 49ers coach, the conversations have centered on Kaepernick's health and the two have not discussed the quarterback's desire -- or lack thereof -- to remain with the team.

Kelly noted that league rules prohibit coaches from talking about strategy or football matters until players report for the offseason program. For the 49ers, that date is April 4.

"If he's here on April 4 we're going to coach the heck out of him and he's going to work his *** off," Kelly said at San Jose State's pro-day workouts, which were held 12 miles from 49ers headquarters.

Kelly had similar comments at last month's scouting combine in Indianapolis, saying that Kaepernick "wants to be here" in the offseason. A few hours later, however, Kaepernick's agents asked for permission to seek a trade.

The 49ers recently have been in contact with the Broncos and Browns about Kaepernick. However, trade talks stalled late last week. The Broncos and 49ers remain far apart on compensation for the quarterback. The Browns and Kaepernick's agents, meanwhile, can't agree on a restructured contract.

If the 49ers don’t get a good offer for the quarterback, they say they are prepared to keep him on the roster for 2016. The hope is that Kaepernick begins to work with Kelly, sees his potential in Kelly’s up-tempo offense and changes his mind about leaving the team.

Kelly said the last time he and Kaepernick spoke was just before the combine, which began Feb. 23. They also have exchanged texts, he said.

Kaepernick is in Vail, Colo. where he is rehabilitating from surgeries to his shoulder, knee and thumb. He is expected to be at the team facility for a physical on Friday.

"He says he's doing well, progressing nicely," Kelly said.

Kelly and a large contingent of 49ers coaches and scouts were on hand at San Jose State, which has one of the better running backs in the draft, Tyler Ervin.

Kelly said he also would attend Stanford's and Cal's pro days later this week but that he didn't plan to go far afield for other sessions like he did last year with the Eagles.

For example, 49ers scouts were at Michigan State on Wednesday to watch quarterback Connor Cook’s workout. The 49ers and Rams visited with Cook before the session while the Browns met with him after, ESPN reported.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article66518132.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom