:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think that's a bad call. It's crazy as ****, but in a way it makes sense. if I were to write a up a big board, it's very likely ezekiel elliot would be the BPA at 7 after wentz/goff/buckner/jack are gone.

its very unlikely, but you never know. carlos hyde can't stay healthy, and ezekiel elliot is a god damn monster.

Last edited:
I don't think that's a bad call. It's crazy as ****, but in a way it makes sense. if I were to write a up a big board, it's very likely ezekiel elliot would be the BPA at 7 after wentz/goff/buckner/jack are gone.

its very unlikely, but you never know. carlos hyde can't stay healthy, and ezekiel elliot is a god damn monster.

And we all know Chip loves working with 2 backs. As long as we can create some holes, our run game would be on another level. 21 or 22 personnel with a Los/Elliott combo.

Lights out.

as for me, i would trade back into the late first/early second if possible, and start the draft with one of my draft crushes: vernon butler. 

Butler would be an incredible pick In the 20s I would imagine.

Really hinges on what Anthony Davis is going to do for me.

If he's not available I'd go Ronnie Stanley. If he returns Vernon Hargreaves will be a stud corner Can never have enough defensive backs and cant pass on one that has his tools. Little Vernon loves to tackle also.

Last edited:
Chips comments on free agency:

"Some of the money that was being thrown around at the beginning, you got to be able to manage that. You got to pay some guy who's never been to a Pro Bowl that's going to make more than anybody on your roster. That's a little bit difficult. There are a lot of things that get involved in some of these things."

I 100 percent agree there wasn't anybody available to make an impact immediately once teams retained their own guys. And the team dynamic can definitely be torn down when you have a guy playing same amount of snaps same position and he makes 3 to 10 times more than the other guy.

Nate Clements was the most expensive player on our roster for 4 seasons was supposed to be an impact free agent.

We must build through the draft like New England and I'm glad we've officially started. In house talent while coaching up is the only way to stay as a top tier team like the patriots every season( helps they have a hall of fame QB willing to take less and less money every year).

Last edited:
Chips comments on free agency:

"Some of the money that was being thrown around at the beginning, you got to be able to manage that. You got to pay some guy who's never been to a Pro Bowl that's going to make more than anybody on your roster. That's a little bit difficult. There are a lot of things that get involved in some of these things."

I 100 percent agree there wasn't anybody available to make an impact immediately once teams retained their own guys. And the team dynamic can definitely be torn down when you have a guy playing same amount of snaps same position and he makes 3 to 10 times more than the other guy.

Nate Clements was the most expensive player on our roster for 4 seasons was supposed to be an impact free agent.

We must build through the draft like New England and I'm glad we've officially started. In house talent while coaching up is the only way to stay as a top tier team like the patriots every season( helps they have a hall of fame QB willing to take less and less money every year).

this is why drafting a qb in the first round is paramount. besides the broncos and saints, every team in the last decade + that has won the superbowl won with an in-house QB. unlike every position in football, you rarely get a franchise qb via free agency

Last edited:

TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports that 49ers HC Chip Kelly was "enamored" with Stanford G Joshua Garnett at last week's Pro Day event.

Kelly spent time with Garnett and his agent at the exhibition. Presumably, Garnett would love to get plucked up by the local 49ers. He performed well at his Pro Day, per Pauline, "easily moving about the field and showing good punch." Garnett may be the most most powerful interior blocker in this class. Look for him to go in the second round. Mar 20 - 2:17 PM
if true, this is good news. garnett is a really good player. dude is physical as hell and will knock your block off. i thought chip wouldn't like him because he isn't the most the athletic guard. stanford did, however, run more zone this year with christian mccaffrey, so maybe chip liked what he saw.

Chip could also be planning to integrate more power into his offense. he brought in curtis modkins to be his OC, who has power O background.

joshua garnett would be a good fit for a mix of the two running types. he should be around in the 2nd but wont last long.

this open field block vs washington 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Last edited:
^ that's dope to read on Garnett.

Let him represent the Stanford/49ers offensive lineman lineage the proper way unlike how that scrub *** Jonathan Martin did :smh: :x

Bruh, speaking of McCaffrey's; Mr. Ed and his old lady evidently made their own whole football factory :lol:

Thought there was only Christian when I first heard of him last year but there's 3 other brothers that play football too :wow: :lol:

Last edited:
re garnett

i know the front office has to be concerned with players that aren't really all into being a fb player considering the dudes that have left the game recently

garnett has made it known that he really wants to be a ER attending
that and when he faces top comp, he doesn't do that well...look at the tape

that said, id pass

i do remember deforest buckner really kicking garnett's ***.

this draft has tons of good interior prospects. westerman, drango, mcgovern, seumalo, kelly, etc

christian westerman and isaac seumalo are my favorites. 

Last edited:
man, this year's edge pass rush class sucks.

-noah spence is the best overall edge rusher draft. explosive. i felt like he beat his man and captured the corner on almost every play. has the coveted ability to convert speed to power. still has his off the field issues. 

-joey bosa is beast in the run D, and i love his strong, active hands; however, he's just an average athlete. isn't explosive, doesn't close quick, doesn't bend well, etc. he's really made to play in a 4-3 as a strongside DE.

-shaq lawson is another beast in the run defense. big, strong dude, but not exactly explosive or fluid as a pass rusher. a little stiff coming around the corner. wish he was a little more dynamic and bendy.

-this dude could be a baalke sleeper: leonard floyd could end up being the best pure pass rusher out of the draft. stupid athletic, tall, long and fluid. however, he's about 15 lbs under weight, is going to be 24 years old this year, and his airhead personality reminds me a lot of aldon.

-emmanuel ogbah is very similar to lawson with better athleticism and size. grown man build and very powerful, but he's still too stiff and robotic for my taste. plays with really poor pad level. has a habit of standing up rather than shooting out his stance. more of rush thru you threat than a threat to the edge.

a lot of these guys are stout edge setters, built to win at the point of attack and shut down the run; however, we want a dynamic, explosive pass rusher first and foremost if we're going to use a high pick on an edge pass rusher. you can find guys to set the edge and play the run in FA/later in the draft.  i wouldn't be mad if we didn't touch any of edge rushers until late on in the draft.

i like eli harold more than most of these dudes. he better be grinding.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom