:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
damn, that sucks for Ian Williams having his payday contract basically thrown out the window.

Ian Williams fails physical, rehab from surgery not where it was expected to be, five year deal becomes one year deal with a chance he is unavailable to play at the beginning of the season. 
mean.gif

Vernon Butler time 
nerd.gif
happy.gif
One of the things I love about Vernon butler is that he can play everywhere on the interior. You can put him at nose tackle and defensive end, and he's big, athletic and strong enough to to do everything at a high level. the man was born to play in a 3-4.

Last edited:
you guys see jason colole's latest report? some bs about kap having two agents, and one of them is seeking a trade while the other isn't...

Last edited:
if we do bring Kaep back, I am interested in seeing if he's learned anything from being benched for half a season. I assume it's the first time he's experienced the bench in a long time; he was the man in Nevada and then was quickly put on a pedestal in the NFL. I can only hope this dude has enough humility to actually bury his face into game tape and is learning that trying to build a career solely based off athleticism and arm strength is the wrong approach.

all the delays in the trades -the fact that story keeps shifting from teams wanting to restructure his contract before trading to his agents wanting to restructure to the FO wanting to retain him- make me think he's gonna be under center come week 1.

you guys see jason colole's latest report? some bs about kap having two agents, and one of them is seeking a trade while the other isn't...

Yeah they are looking out for their own interest over kaeps.

If I were kaep, I'd just take the guaranteed 11 million and sit back.

[h1]Baalke: 'Nowhere near' trading Kaepernick[/h1]
BOCA RATON, Fla. – General manager Trent Baalke said Tuesday the 49ers gave quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s representatives permission to talk to other teams.

But the intention all along has been that Kaepernick would remain with the 49ers this season, Baalke said at the NFL owners meetings.

“I’ve had discussions with several teams and it’s gone no further than that, as the agents have had several discussions (with teams),” Baalke said. “We’re nowhere near getting anything done at this point.”

The 49ers have spoken with the Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos and New York Jets, according to sources. Baalke said the 49ers have not received a formal trade offer for Kaepernick.

“What we told them was that they were open to exploring options,” Baalke said. “But our intent was for him to be back and to go to work. . . He’s under contract and until that changes, our expectations don’t change.”

So why would the 49ers give permission for a player to talk to other teams if the intent was to retain him on their roster?

“Because I think sometimes it helps players work through anything they may have,” Baalke said. “It gives them a chance to see what their options really are. It also gives us a chance to say we didn’t hold you back from doing that.”

The 49ers’ offseason program is scheduled to begin on April 4, and Baalke said he anticipates Kaepernick will be in attendance.

Kaepernick is currently rehabbing from surgeries to his left shoulder, right thumb and left knee in Vail, Colorado. He visited the 49ers’ facility in Santa Clara on Friday for a checkup – not a full physical, according to the team.

Baalke said the organization gave Kaepernick’s representatives, agents Scott Smith and Jason Bernstein, permission to speak with other teams because of the “unique situation.” He said the 49ers will not give permission to every player who seeks to leave the organization.

“You have to look at all the change we’ve gone through,” Baalke said. “And sometimes that’s difficult on players, especially young players that have to go from system to system to system.

“I’ve never really asked them what their thought process is and why they’re making the decisions that they are, but by giving them the opportunity to explore other options doesn’t mean that you don’t want them. It gives them some reassurance, ‘If you feel there’s something better out there for you,’ at least give them the option to explore it.”

Coach Chip Kelly said last week his discussions with Kaepernick have been positive. Kelly intimated the notion that Kaepernick's agents are behind the discussion of seeking a trade.

When asked if Kaepernick has ever expressed his displeasure to Baalke, he answered, “I don’t’ think that’s ever been a real issue. I’m not going to get into whether it’s been agent-driven. There’s always a side to that. . . . For these young players, a lot of time there is influence from agents on what’s best for their client. Let’s face it, the last couple of years haven't been an easy run for any of us.”

Baalke has spoken to representatives of every team in the league over the past couple of days at the NFL owners meetings, but there has been no trade talk, he said.

Baalke said: “I’ve talked to 31 other teams about a variety of things, and none of which is newsworthy."

49ers have yet to make an offer to Boldin

In three seasons with the 49ers, Anquan Boldin caught 237 passes for 3,030 yards and 16 touchdowns. (USATSI)

BOCA RATON, Fla. – The 49ers have not entered into any contract talks with free-agent wide receiver Anquan Boldin, the team’s leading pass-catcher in each of his three seasons with the club.

“Right now, we’ve had no discussions with Anquan up to this point,” 49ers general manager Trent Baalke said Tuesday at the NFL owners meetings. “We left it in the offseason that we’d get back together at some point and talk about his future and what he’s looking for. Have not had that conversation as of yet.”

Moreover, the 49ers are not in a hurry to bring the situation to a resolution, Baalke said. Boldin, 35, led the 49ers last season with 69 receptions for 789 yards. His per-catch average of 11.4 yards was the lowest since he posted an 11.1 average while being limited to 10 games in his second NFL season.

“I wouldn’t say that door has been shut by any stretch,” Baalke said. “But where it is, it’s where it was when we left off (the season). He’s going to explore his options, and we’re going to explore ours. We got a draft to go through. It would be later than sooner, in terms of the final decision that’s made.”

Sometimes Baalke really astounds me. At this point our WR core is ANYTHING but deep and with how many holes the 49ers need to fill in the upcoming draft who knows whether the draft process Baalke is alluding to will even produce a high quality WR. 

49ers should offer Anquan Boldin a 1-2 year contract,  they have the cap space $. 49ers absolutely need a proven tough WR who can catch in traffic and Boldin fits that bill perfectly. So far the 49ers have been unable to use Torrey Smith with much efficacy and Simpson, Dial, Patton are all unproven. Why not offer him a 1-2 year deal?  

So far other teams haven't approached him, I'm guessing its because of his age, but Boldin definitely has another fine season or two in him and IMO we would be worse off not having him. 

Louisiana Tech DL Vernon Butler has been invited to the 2016 NFL Draft.

RUSTON — Squatting down in a three-point stance in nothing but glorified underwear in front of hundreds of strangers, Vernon Butler felt what it was like to be on the big stage at the NFL combine.

At the starting line of the 40-yard dash, the massive 323-pound defensive tackle tightened up a bit at the start of both his attempts last month. It sounds like an afterthought, but it was the difference between a time of 5.33 and breaking a sub-5.0.

The former Louisiana Tech standout won't have that issue Tuesday at Tech's Pro Day when he'll be in his comfort zone at Joe Aillet Stadium. Sure, there will be teams from all 32 teams watching his every move, but the overwhelming feeling of the NFL combine won't exist.

"It's home-field advantage. Back in the backyard playing football like we usually do," Butler told The News-Star on Monday. "It should be more of a comfort zone for me to do what I have to do to show them."

Butler, a potential first-round pick, plans to participate in most of the testing drills Tuesday like the 40, broad jump and vertical jump in order to show the numbers he put up at the combine, which were toward the bottom among defensive linemen, were more fluke than reality.

"Just improving my numbers and showing I'm a better athlete than I really am," Butler said. "So I can show them I can move well. I know I'll run a better time. I'm definitely sure about that."

To Butler, a successful day would include a sub 5.0 in the 40, 31-plus in the vertical jump (he notched a 29.5 at the combine) and anything better than the 8-8 board jump from the combine. He won't bench press (26 at the combine) nor does he plan to run the three-cone drill (7.82 at the combine), but he will "probably" run the pro shuttle.

Since the combine, Butler has spent every Monday, Wednesday and Friday working on his start time for the 40.

"It was just my technique that really messed me up at the combine. I've been really focusing on that the most," he said. "With my jumps, that's the same way. My legs were just tired. I've been getting a lot of rest and eating right and training hard."

The position drills Tuesday are where Butler will excel. He said that area is where he showed his strength, flexibility and movement skills at the combine.

Tech defensive coordinator Blake Baker said he thinks Butler will improve his stock Tuesday with the way he tests out.

"Vernon has no red flags," Baker said. "When you think about athletic ability, when you think about doing what's asked of him, he checks all those boxes."

Once Tuesday is over, Butler will embark on a month-long tour of various NFL teams. He said he has around 15 visits scheduled with teams like Jacksonville, Detroit and Kansas City.

To cap it off, Butler will be in Chicago for the NFL Draft after receiving an official invite last weekend.

"I've been wanting to do that forever and they called me last Sunday. It was crazy," said Butler, who previously crossed off Senior Bowl and combine invites off his wish list.

"Everything is falling in to place."
putting more grown men on skates than an ice rink

4e4ea66752ed0b4147fd34a6fde560dd.gif

giving out more skating lessons

35+ inch arms 

nothing ruins a QBs day more than interior pressure

330 lbs man with agility. looking like michael phelps in the trenches

anyone worried about his athleticism didn't watch the tape

Last edited:
damn :\

Red, what are your thoughts on other nose tackle prospects that we may have to settle for (that should be available) if Butler isn't around:
Kenny Clark
Austin Johnson
Jarran Reed
DJ Reader (whom you already talked about being a sleeper)
Hassan Ridgeway
Nile Lawrence Stample
Chris Jones
Jovan Hargrave
Maliek Collins
Sheldon Day
Adolphus Washington

The San Francisco 49ers announced on Tuesday they have signed guard Zane Beadles to a three-year deal.

“Zane is a talented, intelligent player who will be a wonderful addition to our locker room and the Bay Area community,” said general manager Trent Baalke. “His durability has been a valuable asset throughout his first six NFL seasons and his athleticism makes him a great fit to play in the up-tempo style of offense we intend to play. A NFL Man of the Year nominee in both Denver and Jacksonville, we look forward to our team benefitting from Zane’s leadership and experience.”

Beadles (6-4, 305) was originally drafted by the Denver Broncos in the second round (45th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft. He has not missed a game throughout his six-year career and has started 94 of his 96 appearances, including all 16 games in each of the past five seasons. With Denver, Beadles was selected to the 2013 Pro Bowl after finishing the 2012 season as the only member of the Broncos to participate in every offensive or defensive snap. That same season, he was named the team’s Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year nominee for his work in the community. As a rookie in 2010, he was named to The Sporting News  All-Rookie Team.

Beadles spent four seasons with the Broncos before signing with the Jacksonville Jaguars on March 12, 2014. He was named the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year nominee for the second time in his career and first with the Jaguars in 2015. He works closely with the Zane Beadles Parade Foundation which supports young people going through life-changing medical experiences. He was released by Jacksonville on March 3, 2016.

A 29-year-old native of Casper, Wyo., Beadles attended the University of Utah, where he appeared in 51 games (50 starts) and earned First-Team All-Mountain West honors during his final two seasons (2008-09) with the Utes. He also received First-Team All-America honors from the Football Writers Association and College Football News as a senior in 2009.

The San Francisco 49ers announced on Tuesday they have signed guard Zane Beadles to a three-year deal.

“Zane is a talented, intelligent player who will be a wonderful addition to our locker room and the Bay Area community,” said general manager Trent Baalke. “His durability has been a valuable asset throughout his first six NFL seasons and his athleticism makes him a great fit to play in the up-tempo style of offense we intend to play. A NFL Man of the Year nominee in both Denver and Jacksonville, we look forward to our team benefitting from Zane’s leadership and experience.”

Beadles (6-4, 305) was originally drafted by the Denver Broncos in the second round (45th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft. He has not missed a game throughout his six-year career and has started 94 of his 96 appearances, including all 16 games in each of the past five seasons. With Denver, Beadles was selected to the 2013 Pro Bowl after finishing the 2012 season as the only member of the Broncos to participate in every offensive or defensive snap. That same season, he was named the team’s Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year nominee for his work in the community. As a rookie in 2010, he was named to The Sporting News All-Rookie Team.

Beadles spent four seasons with the Broncos before signing with the Jacksonville Jaguars on March 12, 2014. He was named the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year nominee for the second time in his career and first with the Jaguars in 2015. He works closely with the Zane Beadles Parade Foundation which supports young people going through life-changing medical experiences. He was released by Jacksonville on March 3, 2016.

A 29-year-old native of Casper, Wyo., Beadles attended the University of Utah, where he appeared in 51 games (50 starts) and earned First-Team All-Mountain West honors during his final two seasons (2008-09) with the Utes. He also received First-Team All-America honors from the Football Writers Association and College Football News as a senior in 2009.
yay another no name player

yay another no name player
He's big, strong, durable, experienced, has barely missed a start and might be an upgrade compared to Devey and Thomas. I'm not trying to say signing Beadles is going to turn the team around on its own but depending on what his contract looks like (Jacksonville criminally overpaid for him) he could be a useful piece in the puzzle. 

majority of people couldn't identify 50 of the 53 guys on the patriots roster.

names mean nothing.
damn
ohwell.gif

Red, what are your thoughts on other nose tackle prospects that we may have to settle for (that should be available) if Butler isn't around:
Kenny Clark
Austin Johnson
Jarran Reed
DJ Reader (whom you already talked about being a sleeper)
Hassan Ridgeway
Nile Lawrence Stample
Chris Jones
Jovan Hargrave
Maliek Collins
Sheldon Day
Adolphus Washington
for sure. ill break down my opinion on those guys when i get back from some errands i've got to do.

the draft is loaded with DL prospects; however, the problem, as usual, is majority of them are only 4-3 guys. butler and buckner are the best interior 3-4 prospects at the top of the draft. both can play 5t and 3t as a pass rusher; butler can also play 0t.

Last edited:
Beadles 3 year agreement worth 11.5 million which seems a tad bit high, but is a bargain compared to the 4 year 26.8 million dollar contract Boone just signed with the Vikings. 

Baalke knows this team is in the dumps for at least the next season. why dump salary cap space into Boone when he can get an OL in Beadles for half the cost? smart to save money while the team rebuilds. If Beadles plays well, he'll look like a genius for the discount pick up, if he doesn't, it wouldn't be a surprise. I see you Baalke.

Last edited:
Baalke knows this team is in the dumps for at least the next season. why dump salary cap space into Boone when he can get an OL in Beadles for half the cost? smart to save money while the team rebuilds. If Beadles plays well, he'll look like a genius for the discount pick up, if he doesn't, it wouldn't be a surprise. I see you Baalke.
Its a safe move, and given that Baalke may be next to go if things don't turn around for the 49ers it is probably a smart move for Baalke. 

Back
Top Bottom