:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[h4]Quarterback[/h4]
Vernon Adams, Oregon - Shrine Game (Link), Combine (Link)
Connor Cook, Michigan State - Pro Day (Link)
Jared Goff, Cal - Combine (Link)
Joe Licata, Buffalo - private workout (Link)
Paxton Lynch, Memphis - Combine (Link)
Dak Prescott, Mississippi State - Combine (Link)
[h4]Wide Receiver[/h4]
Tyler Boyd, Pittsburgh - Pro Day (Link)
Leonte Carroo, Rutgers - Senior Bowl (Link)
D.J. Foster, Arizona State - Senior Bowl (Link)
Johnny Holton, Cincinnati - Pro Day (Link)
Da'Runnya Wilson, Mississippi State - Pro Day (Link)
[h4]Tight End[/h4]
Nick Vannett, Ohio State - Pro Day (Link)
Matt Weiser, Buffalo - Private Workout (Link)
[h4]Offensive Line[/h4]
Parker Ehinger, Cincinnati - Shrine Game (Link)
Ronnie Stanley, Notre Dame - Combine (Link)
Sebastian Tretola, Arkansas - Senior Bowl (Link)
[h4]Defensive Line[/h4]
Joey Bosa, Ohio State - Pro Day (Link)
Austin Johnson, Penn State - Senior Bowl (Link)
Robert Ndemkiche, Ole Miss - host visit (Link)
D.J. Reader, Clemson - Combine (Link)
[h4]Outside Linebacker[/h4]
Shaq Lawson, Clemson - Combine (Link); Private workout, host visit (Link)
Dadi Nicolas, Virginia Tech - Combine (Link)
Mike Rose, N.C. State - Pro Day (Link)
[h4]Inside Linebacker[/h4]
Beniquez Brown, Mississippi State - Pro Day (Link)
Myles Jack, UCLA - Pro Day (Tarver working out linebackers)
Darron Lee, Ohio State - Pro Day (Link)
Reggie Ragland, Alabama - Senior Bowl (Link)
[h4]Cornerback[/h4]
Mackensie Alexander, Clemson - Combine (Link), host visit (Link)
Eli Apple, Ohio State - host visit (Link)
Taveze Calhoun, Mississippi State - Pro Day (Link)
Blake Countess, Auburn - Pro Day (Link)
Kenya Dennis, Missouri - Pro Day (Link)
Zack Sanchez, Oklahoma - Pro Day (Link)
[h4]Safety[/h4]
Keanu Neal, Florida - Combine (Link)

Last edited:
yo, my bad bro. i havent had time to watch DL tape because ive been watching a lot of shilique calhoun. anyone have any opinions of this guy? 

after the college football season ended, i was not high on this guy. however, after watching a bunch of tape, there's something there....

what i like:

-measurables are there. absolutely looks the part. has the size, length and athleticism that baalke desires in a 3-4 OLB

-very athletic. he played in a 4-3, so he primarily rushed with his hand in the dirt. however, i dont think he would have much of a problem transitioning

-he has a nice little first step. gets off the ball pretty well

-displayed good quickness, bend and dip to be a threat around the corner

-can rush from either side, left or right

-very productive as an edge rusher during his entire college career. 10 sacks, 15 TFL and a ton of QB hurries last season.

-plays with no gloves. tape only. old school. 
pimp.gif

what i dont like:

-not very active with his hands. gets stuck and doesn't disengage well. once he's stuck, he's stuck. i want to see him with more active hands to free himself by chaining together techniques. more clubs, more rips, more swats, etc.

-doesnt use his speed rush to setup any inside counters

-cannot convert speed to power very well

-play strength is a problem

-can be a liability in the run game. doesn't set a hard edge. got out-leveraged a lot. TOO MANY times i saw tight ends wash him completely out of plays...
indifferent.gif

-no dog in him. seems timid. doesn't play with bad intentions and got bullied by guys whos *** he should've been kicking

-already 24 years old. should be further along in his development, especially strength wise. wtf is up with this draft and all these old *** edge rushers?

this guy will either get stronger, improve his inside counter game, use his hands more and turn into a good player, or he'll remain the same, fizzle out and turn into corey lemonier 2.0.

tape i watched. he was mushrushing a lot vs oregon to contain vernon adams, so take that into consideration when watching that game

BTW I would love to make GIFs or short video clips to give you guys an example fo what i am referring to, but i neither have the equipment nor the knowledge to do any of that stuff. 
frown.gif

Last edited:
wentz is going #2. what a studly performance at his pro day.

i dont think browns signing rg3 will lead them to defer on a QB. however, i think if jalen ramsey goes #1, it could change things up. browns might not want to pass on tunsel.

only way goff doesn't get to us is if the cowboys grab him or someone trades up.

Last edited:
With the abundance of draft picks that we have, would you guys try to trade up to ensure we get a Goff or Wentz (if Baalke and co are thinking of going with a QB with that first round pick obviously) because I just feel like the Browns and the Cowboys are definitely legitimate threats at swooping both of them up before we are on the clock

Although living in southern California, loving/appreciating defense and being a Bruin, I'd love to see Jack in a Niner uni

it depends on how high we would move up, but i'd lean towards no. the asking price would be way too much. 

using the old draft value chart, going from 7 to 4 would cost us our first-round, third-round and a late round pick. not bad. going from 7 to 1, however, would cost us our first, second, third from this year and next year's first. 
sick.gif
 we cant afford to lose those picks. we need players.

Last edited:
btw it looks like baalke might have a draft crush on somebody
nerd.gif
 this is like the 3rd or 4th time he's met with shaq lawson....

Matt Miller  ‏@nfldraftscout   8m8 minutes ago

#49ers GM Trent Baalke worked out Clemson DE Shaq Lawson today, per sources. Versatile EDGE with top 10 talent.

Last edited:
time to do some shaq lawson break down 
nerd.gif
 at 32 3/4", arms kind of short for a baalke OLB...

Last edited:
Lawd, I didn't think it would take that much to move up a few slots. If that's the case, I'm good :lol:

Btw red, you need to be a scout bruh

When you mentioned Carson Wentz months and months ago I was like who hell... and now he may go #2 in the draft :lol:

Your knowledge is appreciated in here my man :pimp:

this a good example of exactly what shaq lawson cannot do. leonard floyd. look the combination of explosive first step off the ball and his ability to contort his body in a controlled manner around the corner. shaq lawson looks like a swole *** lego man coming off the edge.

stripsackagainstmizzou.gif

Last edited:
If Baalke gets the boot in a year or two, im all in for Red to be new the GM.

I just want Baalke to select a Red approve player.

why lynchmobb is a BEAST

at 6'6, watch this ************ DIP, rip and flatten the corner to get to the QB. 

ZYzdlu_O.gif

Last edited:
yo, check this out. with a large number of the better edge rushers in this year's class being older(avg being 23-24 years old), i went back and looked at the ages of the OLBs at the time of the draft that baalke has selected to see if there's any discernible pattern:

aldon - 21

lemonier - 21

lynch - 21

harold -21

nerd.gif

joey bosa(20), shaq lawson(21) and kamalei correa (20/21) are the youngest edge rushing prospects at the top of the draft.

too bad correa has t-rex arms. he'd be a really good prospect if he had a little more length.

Last edited:
Lol mama Wentz wants her son to be a 49er, albeit for non-football reason. Cool with me.
happy.gif

Btw I kind of jumped the gun on shaq. Watching more tape. He's not as stiff as I thought he is, but he's far from an elite bender. Hes really well-rounded player, but I don't see him as a top 10 talent. Will post more when I get home. Want to watch the Clemson ND game again where he went up against Ronnie Stanley.

I found this breakdown. I think they did a really good job summing him up:
Strengths
  • Thick, powerful, NFL-ready build
  • Takes on blockers with violence and excellent technique, rarely moved off the ball
  • Can shed blockers due to excellent arm extension and intensity at the point of attack
  • Extremely physical and aware as a run defender, diagnoses quickly and attacks with abandon
  • Shows a strong knowledge of opponents and their run tendencies
  • Sets the edge with great length utilization and strength, spills runners back inside consistently to his help
  • Extremely proactive, attacker’s mindset as a pass rusher and a run defender
  • Rarely out of position and does an excellent job of staying disciplined in the face of ball fakes and misdirections
  • Nice rip move to vice-grip offensive tackle’s outside arm and win the edge
  • Speed-to-power conversion is top-notch, gets great leverage out of his stance, shoots hands inside to control blockers
  • Bull rush is difficult to contain, even put Notre Dame stud OT Ronnie Stanley on his heels several times
  • Extraordinarily smooth spin move with no wasted movement, knows how and when to use it
  • Sets OTs up for failure, loves to counter inside and win with outside-in jab step or spin
  • Keeps his hands active and violent at the point of attack, makes it tough for OL to land punch
  • Plays the game with ideal urgency and intensity, highly competitive player who leads by example on the field
WEAKNESSES
  • Not the most fluid lateral mover in space, 4-3 defensive end only
  • Rarely dropped into coverage at Clemson, and likely doesn’t have traits for it in the NFL either
  • Lacks elite bend/flexibility to win the edge consistently
  • Finds other ways to win, but not a pure speed rusher
  • Too consistently the last defender out of his stance, lacks an explosive first step, an area of his game that will need work
  • Sometimes so aggressive with his upper half that he gets off-balance in his rushes
  • At times simply ran out of energy at end of drives/games, could be a conditioning issue, but most likely comes from Lawson playing high snap count with a nonstop motor all game.
One thing that really jumps out to me while i watch his tape is how slow lawson reacts to the ball.

on these plays, the ball has been snapped, and everyone on both sides of the line is moving except for lawson. dude is still in his 3/4-point stance.  a slow reaction time off the line in conjunction with the lack of an explosive first step is no bueno.

i put an arrow on lawson

for a dude who isn't exactly fluid and nimble, shaq lawson has a very, very nice inside-counter spin move. seen this already a couple times on tape. beats first-round LT prospect ronnie stanley with it right here:

side note: ronnie stanley has amazing feet. he's the definition of what scouts refer to as a "dancing bear"

Last edited:
Good watch if you have 20ish minutes to spare... I still can't believe his first chance in the regular season, he fumbled the punt

Hopefully he's progressing more and makes the team this year

[Video][/Video]

He turn in his reinstatement papers yet? :smh: Have a feeling he wants to come back but not with us.

its going to be interesting to see what happens when AD applies for reinstatement 

@49ersaaron8  shaq lawson ceiling comp: terrell suggs  floor comp: courtney upshaw 

what u think?

Last edited:
He isn't lying though. I miss Candlestick and the real 49er fans not these new butts with money. 

Change happens though and not everything can be the same. 

I'm happy that Chip landed on his feet. **** the eagles and their FO. He was likely making moves already before the hammer came down. I don't blame him. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So tired of hearing people ***** about how people were priced out of the new stadium.  An overwhelming majority of the seat licenses were $2K and needed to be paid over a 10 year time span.  That is NOT being priced out.  If you had enough money to pay for tickets at Candlestick, you have enough money to pay for tickets at Levi's.  Period.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom