:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
its going to be interesting to see what happens when AD applies for reinstatement 

@49ersaaron8
 shaq lawson ceiling comp: terrell suggs  floor comp: courtney upshaw 

what u think?
I posted the other day and thought no way he goes top 10 bro but his ceiling is definitely like a Terrell Suggs maybe even Ahmad Brooks Sam backer type. He has motor issues at times. He was gased against Alabama. I believe Baalke is interested in him in a trade back scenario because he is versatile.

I've been meaning to ask you @red81 with the physical specimen that was Manny Lawson coming into the draft with those tools. What is it that left him as only a mediocre starter his whole career? Was it a matter of playing him out of position or does he just lack football instincts? I know you have the answers.

Last edited:
i thought the suggs comp was pretty good. both guys are big, thick and powerful dudes that aren't the longest, most athletic guys, but they're tenacious and find ways to be productive. two guys with lower center of gravity that are really stout in run defense, and find ways to get to the QB in spite of their shortcomings. they're football players. i totally agree that he is a sam OLB.

what i really like about shaq is that he's only 21, and already well rounded enough that you dont need to take him off the field. he's got some dog in him, too. 

the alabama game is a little concerning. ill give him a pass on that game for his display of toughness by playing with a ****** up knee. im going to watch that alabama game again tonight.

about lawson, to be honest bro, i need to see some film. its been so long, and i've got many damn players in my head that i vaguely remember what he had trouble with
laugh.gif
sick.gif
. i think he might have had the same issues are lemonier: a guy who simply isn't a natural pass rusher and was one dimensional in their attack. they try to make a living speed rushing and catching corners, but they lack the necessary tools to do so. in lemonier's case, there's no inside counter game to balance the speed rush, no speed to power threat, no variety in his attacks, sloppy/inactive hand technique, poor pad level, etc. lemonier isn't even explosive enough to be relying on the speed rush. what a bum.

i remember some moron adamantly trying to convince me that lemonier would as good as aldon after his rookie season. i never bought it. i watched the tape. he had one sack against the worst rated tackle in the league that year, and if you revisit that play, the tackle had some of the worst kick slide footwork you'll ever see. he gave that sack to lemonier. 
laugh.gif

convert speed to power. one thing lemonier simply can't do.

NnHIj.gif

Last edited:
Shaq's grown on me big time.Kid really seems to have a good head and be a good person. Don't think he'll be an idiot like Aldon. I think if he's there at 7 the Niners take him. Especially after seeing how Denver won. Lynchmobb on one end Shaq on the other. I can dig it :smokin

good stuff.

lawson showing his favorite pass rushing technique

that spin move is everywhere in his tape, and he beats a lot tackles with it. i like how utilizes it selectively. doesn't over utilize it and tip his hand.

look at the size of his head. dude has a huge frame and very thick bone structure.

Last edited:
eek.gif
 lawson's inside spin move is legit. its everywhere in his tape. dude has a ridiculous win % with that move. very impressive. 

his first step is pretty good. his problem is not his first step, it's his reaction time. its inconsistent. he needs to be more consistent because the ability to fly off the ball is there. 

Last edited:
i know you guys always hear me refer to "strong" and "active" hands aka hand fighting.

this exactly what i am referring to:

shaq using a chop club move here. great hands and struck with violence. didn't let the tackle get his hands on him.

rushes with forward lean. 

******* vine keeps cutting my videos short. had to do 2 parts.

Last edited:
 im a firm believer that if you love a player, you take him regardless of what other people have him rated or slotted to go. if he's your guy, he's your guy regardless of where you take him. trade back, and you're risking missing out on the guy you want. at the end of the day, it doesn't matter where they were picked as long as they turn into what you envisioned them to become.

the jaguars, who pick at 5, and the giants, who pick at 10, have reportedly shown extra interest in the pass rusher....
nerd.gif
 bucky brooks has him going 11, and both charles davis and daniel jeremiah have him at 13. 7 is not as much of a reach as it seems...

Last edited:
^ Having a stable of Lynch Mobb, Shaq, Eli Harold, Tank Carradine (if he ever lives up to his promise) as our pass rushers seems :nerd:

What does the outlook for QB in the draft look like then?

Dak Prescott even still on Baalke's radar after his DUI? Is he gonna fall in draft from where he was originally projected b/c of this?

Not really high on drafting any QB's outside of the duo of Goff and Wentz to begin with.

I suppose Connor Cook in 2nd round could be an option if he's still there and Baalke does go Lawson/defense at #7.

I'm in the minority big time but I think Cardale Jones can be a great pro if he falls into a good situation. If the Arizona Cardinals get him I'll be blown honestly.

Bruce Arians has had major success with QBs was Peyton mannings QB coach first three years I believe. The dude knows how to teach the nuances of the position and it's a scary thought if Cardale Jones lands in Arizona.

Last edited:
schedules should be coming out very soon.

on a side note, i watched some myles garrett tape just for fun. un-*******-believable how good this dude is. this guy is von miller and jadaveon clowney combined. 
sick.gif
 absolutely eclipsing the 5-star rating coming out of high school. he might be the best edge rushing prospect i've ever seen in the ~14 years that ive been really into the draft...

Last edited:
http://www.nfl.com/labs/rr/pathtothedraft/lawson?campaign=sf23283374+sf23283374
[h2]49ers GM Baalke attends Lawson's private workout[/h2]
Published: March 28, 2015 at 4:48 p.m.

Not all private workouts are the same for NFL draft prospects, and Shaq Lawson  experienced two very different ones in a span of three days last week. 

The more challenging one was courtesy of the San Francisco 49ers on Thursday, but the Clemson defensive end embraced it both for its difficulty and audience: 49ers general manager Trent Baalke was there, and NFL general managers don't attend private workouts for just anyone. 

"When I found out the GM was coming, that told me something about how serious they are about me. He makes the decisions on the team, he's going to draft guys, so with him there, it was more pressure, but I liked that," Lawson said. "He's the main guy, he picks the players." 

The 49ers put Lawson through both defensive line drills and linebacker drills, pushing his physical limits for nearly two hours. They wanted to see him from both a three-point stance and a two-point stance, working out not only as a pass rusher but in pass coverage as well. 

It's something which Lawson said he was well-prepared. 

"I stood up some at Clemson; (defensive ends coach) Marion Hobby had us learn how to play both ways, and we dropped into coverage three or four times a game, at least," Lawson said. "I felt like I was ready for anything." 

When it was all over, Lawson said Baalke praised him for his effort and skill. 

The easier of the two workouts, both of which were at Clemson, was for the Carolina Panthers. It was relatively brief, and Lawson said he had little trouble understanding the Panthers defense as explained by line coach Eric Washington. 

"They pretty much run the defense we ran at Clemson," Lawson said. "I was pretty familiar with all of it." 

Lawson has no private workouts scheduled for this week, but if one comes up on short notice, the two contrasting experiences should give him some idea of what to expect. 

Lawson said both clubs also worked out fellow Clemson defensive end Kevin Dodd, and linebacker B.J. Goodson

Carolina will bring Lawson to Charlotte for a formal visit on April 7, two days after he is set to visit the Dallas Cowboys. 

-- Chase Goodbread
Lawson is coming to Santa Clara on April 10.

*Insert NTL baalke birdman gif*

Last edited:
it seems like every single mock online has us taking jared goff

im starting to feel it, fellas.

the football gods will show us favor come april 28th.

the lord of the sabbath will come home.

Last edited:
Ryan Sakamoto  ‏@SakamotoRyan   3m3 minutes ago

2 WRs I'm hearing the #49ers have been linked to as possible 3rd day picks include WR Keyarris Garrett (Tulsa) and De'Runnya Wilson (MSU).
i know the average football fan is enamored with big wide receivers, so you'll love this guy if you don't watch cfb. on paper, his #s jump out at you. he would be a solid day 3 pick.

6'3" 220 lbs with long arms. big catch radius. high-points the ball like a ************.

Last edited:
It took nearly three seasons, but the 49ers believe they found the solution for Cornellius "Tank" Carradine to become a productive NFL player.

Specifically, the defensive lineman was never a good fit for the 49ers’ base 3-4 defense. But the 49ers think this season their second-round draft pick of 2013 will be more productive as a situational player when the 49ers employ a four-man line.

“We identified it last year,” 49ers general manager Trent Baalke said last week at the NFL owners meetings in Boca Raton, Florida. “Schematically, he came from a system (at Florida State) that was very attack-oriented into a system that has a lot more reads to it – a lot more technique involved.

“We play more of a read-and-react front in our base package. And in nickel you get into attacking a little bit more. In an effort to make him a read-and-react player, (he) added a bunch of weight, probably got him into a situation that didn’t take advantage of what he did well.”

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-finally-identify-role-carradine?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Finally getting some production from Tank would be huge since he was a 2nd rounder.

Also would finally pay off with Baalke spending a draft pick on a redshirt player. Hasn't panned out so far: Lattimore, Brandon Thomas, Trey Millard, etc.

Last edited:
If the Wonderlic thing changed any of your opinions on him toward the positive or strengthened them just remember that Ryan Fitzpatrick scored a 48 and is currently unemployed after having the best season of his career (ludicrous that he's unemployed still - league, at this point, clearly taking him for granted despite his faults/blowing up games with a TO-tendencies).

Current Packers RB John Crockett who had seven carries in that Miracle Hail-Mary Game by Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay in Detroit, was the featured product in the NDSU offense for all four years that he was there in which they were winning all the titles, right? From what I remember. I call that a red flag for Wentz, some would disagree but that's why they're opinions.

Last edited:
If the Wonderlic thing changed any of your opinions on him toward the positive or strengthened them just remember that Ryan Fitzpatrick scored a 48 and is currently unemployed after having the best season of his career (ludicrous that he's unemployed still - league, at this point, clearly taking him for granted despite his faults/blowing up games with a TO-tendencies).

Current Packers RB John Crockett who had seven carries in that Miracle Hail-Mary Game by Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay in Detroit, was the featured product in the NDSU offense for all four years that he was there in which they were winning all the titles, right? From what I remember. I call that a red flag for Wentz, some would disagree but that's why they're opinions.

^ What's Crockett got to do with Wentz being a red flag?

Back
Top Bottom