:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Benjamin Allbright  ‏@AllbrightNFL   1m1 minute ago

Word is Niners front office is big on Goff.
oInEqir.gif

Last edited:
the prophecy foretold of his coming -- the one who would free his people and return them to the promise land.

Walsh 8:16

Last edited:
Man, crazy how these 'rumors' are created. Paraag still doing his thang from afar? lol

:lol: red that's the best worst photoshop I've seen in awhile. **** looks straight outta microsoft paint. but if it happens...YES YES YES

if goff and wentz aren't available at 7, I wonder if baalke would trade down to grab Lynch later in the 1st

Last edited:
^ What's Crockett got to do with Wentz being a red flag?

They were a running offense for most of their run w/ Wentz and Crockett. I don't know if that's a good indicator for someone who's being talked about as the No. 1 overall selection in a month when the guy they chose to revolve an offense around instead, Crockett, went undrafted but worked his way to getting carries in a primetime game on national television within a few short months. Maybe one's benefitting off the reputation built on the efforts of another. I mean why was Wentz not good enough for NDSU to be a clearcut passing offense in those championship seasons? Why, when you have both, do you leapfrog the potential No. 1 pick in the upcoming draft for the RB who was undrafted if you have a choice? So my point is that since they opted toward the run-oriented system and not the pass how special is Wentz?

Maybe the guy who ran for 4,000 yards on the way to the Bison's mutliple NCAA crowns and then showed he can upend adversity of colossal proportions (undrafted FA to a backfield in less than a calendar year) was the better player in the eyes of those who saw Wentz/Crockett every day? How many QBs that have gone No. 1 have been faded for a rushing attack? Wentz was a junior when Crockett was a senior, but when Crockett was a junior the offense was oriented way more toward him than it was oriented toward Wentz in this past season as a senior. I mean he played in one game after October 17th in 2015 and had 3 games in the 50-range for completion percentage and 4 games above 60 for completion percentage.

Doesn't at all sound like a special talent to me but he'll have pulled off highway robbery compared to what Crockett will receive over the next 4 years.

wut

you get drafted based on traits, and wentz has a myriad of pro-ready traits.

tim tebow would be the GOAT using your criteria

your questions are better suited for the HC and OC of NDSU.

btw you dont have to look that far back to find a #1 overall QB that played in a heavy run offense(andrew luck).

Last edited:
Florida's coaches chose to revolve an offense around Tim Tebow at the college level when he was a junior, even at times/situationally as a sophomore with a good senior in Chris Leak who would've been a more-than-fine option.

The NDSU coaches chose to revolve the offense in their downscaled Division I-level league around a RB who NFL scouts didn't want to even spend a pick on in Round 7 of last year.

So, the decision to gear the offense around Crockett and not Wentz in that year shows the level of confidence that people who see him every day had in him versus the other options they could feature. If someone is as talented as No. 1 picks should be they would be in a passing offense by the time they were a junior, but Wentz is not soooo talented, he's soooo 6-foot-5.

People of course have confidence in Tebow, that doesn't mean he's going to work out on the NFL level if he just doesn't have it :lol:. I don't see the same sort of confidence in Wentz in that regard, and then when you look at purely on-field and zero intangibles there's few if any eye-popping statistic that would ever make Wentz first off the board.

Tebow had one of two things you need to be a good-even great QB, the approach on- and off-the-field that motivates others and the ability to inspire others enough where they put their trust in you when you both have something at stake, and Crockett had that trust over the 6-foot-5 PROTOTYPE Wentz in one of Wentz's upperclassman seasons ... and that's a No. 1 overall selection???

If I said, 'Would a 6-foot-2 Wentz still fly up the draft boards, all the way into the top 10 -> 5 -> 3?' If the answer is no, then how talented is he anyway and if the answer is yes then tell me why no one had heard of him until this season when he's a four-year player playing in a watered-down league?

Last edited:
If I said, 'Would a 6-foot-2 Wentz still fly up the draft boards, all the way into the top 10 -> 5 -> 3?' If the answer is no, then how talented is he anyway and if the answer is yes then tell me why no one had heard of him until this season when he's a four-year player playing in a watered-down league?
we've been talking wentz in this thread for a long time. there's a **** ton of gifs and vine clips in here breaking down his game. the traits are on tape. he's a lot more than just "prototypical NFL size". not hard to see if you know what you're looking for.

Last edited:
Andrew Luck threw for 37 TD, 10 INT and a 71% completion percentage in 2011 in which he passed the ball 400+ times. The top four RB's on Stanford that season combined for 427 rushing attempts. They were a passing offense that season without a doubt :lol: when a QB worthy enough of rethinking typical emphases comes around they don't usually lose out to 'The System' like how Andrew Luck definitely did not the year before he was No. 1 overall, that's not even debatable. Only a coach without any sanity would prioritize their way of always doing things when given a premier talent who obviously dictates the flow to go through them. And this is a coach with sanity and five titles so maybe he knows what not do with Wentz more than the opposite. Good No. 1 selection material, that'll work out for sure.

Wentz faced Jacksonville St. and a cast of characters in FCS football and couldn't override a coach's tendencies but is worth taking No. 1?

Yeah man, ok.

Also this 'Search Thread' feature tells me quickly that the apparently the first mention of Wentz in this thread was Nov. 30th or early December. That's a long time to be talking about someone you know nothing about but not a long time imo.

http://niketalk.com/newsearch/?adva...cency&sdate=0&search=wentz&type=all&start=125

Last edited:
the man checks the boxes. teams and scouts look for traits that translate to the pro game. 

leader, athletic, a natural pocket climber, big arm, quick, over-the-top release, demonstrated the ability to go through progressions and read coverages, played from under center, call pass protections, ability to manipulate velocity and touch on throws, showed he can make big boy throws(ie deep comeback), multiple game-winning throws, ETC ETC ETC

sorry man, but if you think wentz is only getting drafted because he's 6'5", it's not even worth having a conversation.

Last edited:
and 404 attempts is hardly a "passing offense". goff had 529 pass attempts in cal's air raid offense this season.

288 and 372 the years prior. yeah....

Last edited:
BIG BOY throws

from the far hash to the sidelines with accuracy, velocity and timing

Stafford-Arm.gif

decisiveness, touch and placement

CzQFro.gif

clean drop back, scans the field, fixes feet quickly and neatly on his gather steps towards target, and throws a dart to split the cover 3

Accuracy-Seam.gif

watch the tape. it's littered with stuff that translates to the pros.

i think you have some legitimate concerns and valid points, but i think youre pointing to the wrong things.

Last edited:
Blake bortles had a very similar Ascension two years ago. Nobdoy was talkin his name months before even after the season Teddy Bridgewater was the consensus no.1 QB.

Your average fan had Johnny Manziel ahead of Bortles because of "Level of Competetion" and until scouts took a closer look at Bortles he was thought to be a second round selection. He may have some inadequacies in his game but he displayed all the tools on tape. Blake Bortles prolly Some of the reason everybody is enamored with Wentz because he can make some professional throws has the huge frame and has played in a pro style offense taking snaps from under center.

The original being Ben Rothelisberger from a low level competition but displayed tools, toughness, size and arm strength were all major pluses.

was taking a look at kelly's offense the other day, and i have some concerns about our line.  its going to be imperative that baalke snatches up a quality interior linemen or two next month, especially ones that are capable of playing center. 

kelly's running game revolves around the inside zone. it's the foundation of his running game. since the inside zone is more of a downhill-lateral attack than the outside zone, which is a horizontal stretch, you need guys that are strong enough to win in their zone assignment and agile enough to get to the second level.

i think guys like andrew tiller, trent brown, and joe staley should do well here. however, marcus martin and daniel kilgore could have issues here. martin was constantly pushed back at the point of attack last season. kilgore never looked good.

615_Eye_Week10A_12_110314.gif

its plays like this one that worry me. this pin-n-pull outside zone run has me worried. kelly uses it a lot, and i don't think we currently have the interior linemen that are athletic enough to consistently pull this off. no way in hell andrew tiller and marcus martin get out their stance and pull with any sort of consistency. 

6a019aff7e1054970d01b7c6d3a3f9970b-800wi

btw this fool kelly put a zone-read in the play design...lol creative

joe staley, zane beadles, and trent brown are fits for both type of plays. that's only 3 guys on the roster. 

i have questions and concerns about every other guy. tiller should be fine for the inside zone runs, but those pulling plays worry me. marcus martin looked fat and weak last season  and daniel kilgore never regained his form.

would be nice if brandon thomas is healthy. he would be a perfect fit.

i have no faith in AD, and to be honest, i wouldn't be upset if we traded him.

with new OL coach pat flaherty's help and hard work in the weight room, i think trent brown could be really ******* good. his feet were nimble enough for a behemoth of a man to work in chip's scheme. 

Last edited:
^ what's the deal w/ AD btw?

Shouldn't he have filed his paperwork to un-retire by now?

Seems really odd he's not back on the roster yet if he was gonna come back.

Unless this is just him trying to prolong as long as possible to skip as much training camp as he can.

Seeing Blake Bell in that vine made me think that at least once this year he will be used to throw the ball :lol:

Just a random thought

^ what's the deal w/ AD btw?

Shouldn't he have filed his paperwork to un-retire by now?

Seems really odd he's not back on the roster yet if he was gonna come back.

Unless this is just him trying to prolong as long as possible to skip as much training camp as he can.
who knows. dude is too volatile to be depended on IMO. 

as of right now, the starting line would be staley - tiller - kilgore - beadles - brown

would like to see an interior guy who can play both guard and center added day 2. a swing tackle would be nice, too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom