:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Conor Rogers knows what's up. BTW, that's Chris Simms, Kyle's BFF, gushing over Landry's ability to bend and then suggesting McGlinchey lol.

fellas, i'm more excited and anxious about the draft tomorrow than i am about getting the results of my masters' exam back

Enjoy 22stylez 22stylez

1 9 Harold Landry, EDGE, Boston College

I considered McGlinchey, Ward and obviously Minkah here. Ultimately, I think Roquan is off the board by the time the Niners pick, so Landry is the right call here. It’s not often teams get a chance to draft a pass rusher of Landry's caliber. Not only do I believe Landry has game-wrecking potential with his elite combination of bend and balance, but he'll also help turn Buckner's pressures into sacks by forcing quarterbacks to step up into the pocket.

2 59 Brian O'Neill, OT, Pittsburgh

usa_today_10433853.0.jpg

Joe Staley is going to be 34 years old. Trent Brown is in the final year of his contract. The 49ers need to start grooming a tackle for the future. O’Neill is raw as hell and could take year or two to to develop, but he’s got rare athletic gifts that could culminate in a very talented tackle.

3 70 Fred Warner, LB, BYU

Fred Warner is another buttoned-up, squeaky clean prospect. A team Captain at BYU, Warner played the "overhang" role in their defense and saw action all over the field. In the NFL, however, he'll be strictly an off-ball LB, and for that reason, I think he’ll be a better pro than college player. He's long, athletic and shines in coverage with outstanding instincts and awareness.

3 74 Quenton Meeks, CB, Stanford

614930536.0.jpg

Back to the farm, Quenton Meeks is the prototypical cornerback for this scheme with the prototypical pedigree that team covets. He's tall, long and physical, and is the perfect player to groom under Sherm's tutelage, which is ironic because Richard Sherman said that Meeks reminds him of himself coming out of Stanford.

4 128 Kyzir White, S, West Virginia

Kyzir White is a John Lynch kind of guy--an absolute hammer on the gridiron. He brings leadership, work ethic, and to quote Saleh's words, extreme violence. He absolutely runs through ball carriers’ souls and is a perfect fit in the strong-safety Kam Chancellor role. He wreaks shop on special teams and gives the 49ers insurance for Jaquiski Tartt, who is entering the final year of his deal.

5 143 Auden Tate, WR, Florida State

One of the youngest prospects in the draft, Auden Tate is always open. He's a massive body and is the best 50/50 receiver in the draft. As a complete nightmare in the redzone for defenses, he provides an element that's sorely missing from the WR group. He'll specialize in redzone packages early on, but if Kyle can coach him up, watch out.

6 184 Colby Gossett, OG, Appalachian State

NF_CGossett_3_web.max-1200x675.jpg

Like papa, Kyle waits until day three to grab a guard. Gossett is great value here. He plays with a mean streak and has the requisite athleticism to become a starter down the road in this offense.

7.) 227. Ade Aruna, EDGE, Tulane

Adam Peters was on Matt Maiocco’s podcast and said that they look for height/weight/speed prospects in the later rounds. Ade Aruna is precisely that. Aruna is a SPARQ athlete with multiple ELITE athletic scores in broad jump, vert, and 40-yard dash. He's big, explosive and flexible, and a good developmental edge player in a scheme that can never have enough edge rushers.

7.) 240. Foye Oluokun, LB, Yale

Yale-FoyeOloukun-NFLDraft-1520549096.jpeg

Sticking to height/weight/speed prospects on day 3, Foye fits the bill as an explosive, violent and athletic player coming out of Yale. He's a developmental LB, but he’s an electric athlete who is ready to contribute day one on special teams.

Last edited:

One of the youngest prospects in the draft, Auden Tate is always open. He's a massive body and is the best 50/50 receiver in the draft. As a complete nightmare in the redzone for defenses, he provides an element that's sorely missing from the WR group. He'll specialize in redzone packages early on, but if Kyle can coach him up, watch out.

1st round #9 overall
Harold Landry edge rusher Boston College

I’m going to continue to ring the bell for this guy. 49ers need a speed element on the edge. They were tied at 26th in the league in sacks. This guy gets after the passer and is relentless games I watched in 2016 he got better as games went along he’s an elite pass rusher in the form of a Von Miller.
2nd Round #59 overall

Austin Corbett OG Nevada
I watched some tape of this guy playing Left Tackle and thought he could be really good wherever you play him. Kind of an Anti-Zane Beadles. Doesnt have the pre requisite length or strength teams love but he’s technically sound.Went from Walk on to 4 year starter
3rd round #70th overall
Michael Gallup Wide Receiver Colorado State

This kid is a baller. He separates easy wins contested catches with regularity. I toyed with the idea of putting Dante Pettis here but this Kid Gallup is just scratching the surface. Could after a year of development be the guy who replaces Pierre Garçon.
3rd Round #74th overall
Darius Leonard linebacker SC state

This guy is rangy and always around the ball two qualities every defensive coordinator loves.
4th round #128 overall
Royce Freeman Running back Oregon

This offense needs a big one-cut runner take some the load off McKinnon. Who better than a 230 pound workhorse with great vision. Very slept on prospect during this whole process.

5th round #143 overall
Avonte Maddox corner back Pittsburgh

Undersized but feisty. Would compete immediately at nickel corner with Kuwan Williams. Camp will tell if he’s a practice squad guy or reserve nickel.
6th round #184 overall
Hercules Mata’afa Defensive end Washington State

This guy embodies all gas no brakes and can be had late in draft due to poor workouts and being a tweener. He will be a special team stud. If he gets his opportunity to crack starting line up be careful he could start at Sam Backer.
7th round #233 overall
Siran Neal Jacksonville St. Strong Safety

Small school player with a lot of production and feel for the game. Plays well as in the box safety and 20 yards off Line of scrimmage. 49ers hit on another 7th round Safety Boom

5th round #143 overall
Avonte Maddox corner back Pittsburgh

Undersized but feisty. Would compete immediately at nickel corner with Kuwan Williams. Camp will tell if he’s a practice squad guy or reserve nickel.
6th round #184 overall
Hercules Mata’afa Defensive end Washington State

This guy embodies all gas no brakes and can be had late in draft due to poor workouts and being a tweener. He will be a special team stud. If he gets his opportunity to crack starting line up be careful he could start at Sam Backer.
7th round #233 overall
Siran Neal Jacksonville St. Strong Safety

Small school player with a lot of production and feel for the game. Plays well as in the box safety and 20 yards off Line of scrimmage. 49ers hit on another 7th round Safety Boom

My guy Aaron coming thru with a mock!! :wow:

Mock city up in this bihhhh!! Good ****, 49ersaaron8 49ersaaron8 Gallup(a young Pierre Garcon), Corbett, Leonard, Freeman and Neal are all some of my favorites at their positions. :emoji_raised_hands::emoji_raised_hands::emoji_raised_hands: Soured a little on Hercules after the combine, but he's good value on day 3.

I posted mine on the previous page:

1 9 Harold Landry, EDGE, Boston College

I considered McGlinchey, Ward and obviously Minkah here. Ultimately, I think Roquan is off the board by the time the Niners pick, so Landry is the right call here. It’s not often teams get a chance to draft a pass rusher of Landry's caliber. Not only do I believe Landry has game-wrecking potential with his elite combination of bend and balance, but he'll also help turn Buckner's pressures into sacks by forcing quarterbacks to step up into the pocket.

2 59 Brian O'Neill, OT, Pittsburgh

usa_today_10433853.0.jpg

Joe Staley is going to be 34 years old. Trent Brown is in the final year of his contract. The 49ers need to start grooming a tackle for the future. O’Neill is raw as hell and could take year or two to to develop, but he’s got rare athletic gifts that could culminate in a very talented tackle.

3 70 Fred Warner, LB, BYU

Fred Warner is another buttoned-up, squeaky clean prospect. A team Captain at BYU, Warner played the "overhang" role in their defense and saw action all over the field. In the NFL, however, he'll be strictly an off-ball LB, and for that reason, I think he’ll be a better pro than college player. He's long, athletic and shines in coverage with outstanding instincts and awareness.

3 74 Quenton Meeks, CB, Stanford

614930536.0.jpg

Back to the farm, Quenton Meeks is the prototypical cornerback for this scheme with the prototypical pedigree that team covets. He's tall, long and physical, and is the perfect player to groom under Sherm's tutelage, which is ironic because Richard Sherman said that Meeks reminds him of himself coming out of Stanford.

4 128 Kyzir White, S, West Virginia

Kyzir White is a John Lynch kind of guy--an absolute hammer on the gridiron. He brings leadership, work ethic, and to quote Saleh's words, extreme violence. He absolutely runs through ball carriers’ souls and is a perfect fit in the strong-safety Kam Chancellor role. He wreaks shop on special teams and gives the 49ers insurance for Jaquiski Tartt, who is entering the final year of his deal.

6 184 Colby Gossett, OG, Appalachian State

NF_CGossett_3_web.max-1200x675.jpg

Like papa, Kyle waits until day three to grab a guard. Gossett is great value here. He plays with a mean streak and has the requisite athleticism to become a starter down the road in this offense.

7.) 227. Ade Aruna, EDGE, Tulane

Adam Peters was on Matt Maiocco’s podcast and said that they look for height/weight/speed prospects in the later rounds. Ade Aruna is precisely that. Aruna is a SPARQ athlete with multiple ELITE athletic scores in broad jump, vert, and 40-yard dash. He's big, explosive and flexible, and a good developmental edge player in a scheme that can never have enough edge rushers.

7.) 240. Foye Oluokun, LB, Yale

Yale-FoyeOloukun-NFLDraft-1520549096.jpeg

Sticking to height/weight/speed prospects on day 3, Foye fits the bill as an explosive, violent and athletic player coming out of Yale. He's a developmental LB, but he’s an electric athlete who is ready to contribute day one on special teams.

red81 red81 lynch says he sees 12 potential pro bowlers in this draft. Who do you think the 12 are?

Here’s mine in no order:

1. Barkley
  2. Nelson
  3. Chubb
  4. Darnold
  5. Vea
  6. R. Smith
  7. Fitzpatrick
  8. Rosen
  9. James
  10. Landry
  11. Ward
  12. Edmunds

Saquon Barkley, Bradley Chubb, Quenton Nelson, Derwin James, Roquan Smith, Denzel Ward, Mike McGlinchey, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Marcus Davenport, Tremaine Edmunds, Harold Landry, and Calvin Ridley.

Finally, it's here.

I don't know if my heart can handle passing on Roquan. I hope he goes early lol.

I love draft day man. All the speculations. Trades. Surprises. What were gon do. My personal favorite nfl day.

Gon go to the niners draft party. Can’t wait.

Sounds like we may get 3 QBs going in the top 3. Just need to hope that the browns trade out of 4 and another QB gets taken.

Back
Top Bottom