:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
interesting. Never thought about Lattimore. Is he worth the 2nd pick? CB is definitely a need and that lets the Niners move Ward back to his original position.

"I was making a ton of calls, texting, and what I am hearing is Jamal Adams is very much in play at 2 for the 49ers" 

-Matt Miller

I know this dude is connected to someone in that building. I believe it's one of Baalke's old scouts. Dude thought he was slick calling the Jaquiski Tartt pick a minute before it was announced like he was some visionary.

Last edited:
If there is anyone who can evaluate safeties it's John Lynch. So if they decide to go that route I'm rocking with it.

one of the best attributes of adam's game is his tenacity. dude constantly has his nose in the mix and is relentless in pursuit of creating plays.

giphy.gif

Could probably take a list of the best draft prospects at any position, and throw a dart at the board, can't miss. 

We have so many needs at so many positions we could really go a lot of different ways whether we trade down or not. 

QB, S, CB, MLB, OLB, WR, DE... tbh we need 'em all in different ways.

Only positions it seems we cool to roll with right now is Juice at FB and Vance McDonald at TE...

Hopefully Garcon is worth the big bucks we paid, but he was a #2 WR in WSH and if he can't step it up we still short a #1. Marquise Goodwin seems like a manbeater WR 3 or 4 at best. 

Our whole OL about to get put to the test with the change to offensive zone run scheme and our last 3 1st round picks Deforest Buckner, Arik Armstead, and Joshua Garnett might not even be a part of things moving forward. 

49ers: views from the bottom. 

Last edited:
interesting. Never thought about Lattimore. Is he worth the 2nd pick? CB is definitely a need and that lets the Niners move Ward back to his original position.

In my opinion, he is. his ability to shadow wideouts without even getting paws on them is incredible. very willing tackler, size, ran that 4.36 & he has great ball skills. OSU ran a ton of cover 1 as well as 3 this past season. with us moving over to 4-3 and importing that Seattle cover 3 based D I think he's perfect.

Both him and R. Rob can play man to man. But this guy will be a thorn in receivers a**** for a decade if he can stay healthy. Take a look at this Oklahoma tape. He does everything well. He did get beat once by A.D. Miller at 3:05, but overall he balled.

Quick article on Lattimore going #2: http://ninernoise.com/2017/02/18/49ers-marshon-lattimore-worth-no-2-pick/

]

Last edited:
the hammys is the major concern with lattimore

chronic hamstring issues=no bueno
Yep kid from my high school had hamstring issues kids name was Ryan Williams drafted in 2nd round by the cardinals never played a down. Left VTech soon as he could cuz he knew he had plagued hamstrings.

Some of these guys hammys can't take the quick burst and sudden change of movement I love lattimore but I think he's got the hammy issue too.

That's why when u hear Jamal Adams referred to as a clean prospect means no injury history or off field concerns.

I wanna go Mccaffrey at 2 and Buddha Baker at 34 3rd round Joe Mathis OLB wait till next year for QB. Favorite player still Patrick Mahomes but he's gonna be Arizona Cardinal :frown:

Last edited:
That's why when u hear Jamal Adams referred to as a clean prospect means no injury history or off field concerns.
This is a great point. Most of the guys in the top 10 have some form of a medical red flag. Myles had the ankle, Lattimore had the hammys, Fournette had the ankle, Allen had the shoulders, Mccaffrey had an undisclosed injury, etc.

I think Adams and Thomas are the only guys with a clean medical record.

Last edited:

the best nose tackle in the draft. 

one of my gems: roderick henderson. 6'1", 350 lbs. VERY comparable to vince wilfork. dude has the ridiculously wide build with a low center of gravity. very athletic for a massive dude. 

peep what he does to dude at :54 
sick.gif
roll.gif

Last edited:

Could probably take a list of the best draft prospects at any position, and throw a dart at the board, can't miss. 

We have so many needs at so many positions we could really go a lot of different ways whether we trade down or not. 

QB, S, CB, MLB, OLB, WR, DE... tbh we need 'em all in different ways.

Only positions it seems we cool to roll with right now is Juice at FB and Vance McDonald at TE...

Hopefully Garcon is worth the big bucks we paid, but he was a #2 WR in WSH and if he can't step it up we still short a #1. Marquise Goodwin seems like a manbeater WR 3 or 4 at best. 

Our whole OL about to get put to the test with the change to offensive zone run scheme and our last 3 1st round picks Deforest Buckner, Arik Armstead, and Joshua Garnett might not even be a part of things moving forward. 

49ers: views from the bottom. 
I agree with everything you wrote aside from being cool at TE.  I know we extended Vance, but this dude has yet to prove he can be a real #1 TE.  You are probably right that we arent gonna draft a TE, but if he stinks it up again this year, we need to move on.  

I agree with everything you wrote aside from being cool at TE.  I know we extended Vance, but this dude has yet to prove he can be a real #1 TE.  You are probably right that we arent gonna draft a TE, but if he stinks it up again this year, we need to move on.  
A nice big F U from baalke before he left :smh:

Last edited:

Didn't mean he was any good, just saying that after hitting Vance with the extendo we not drafting a TE unless its late pick and we 99% not getting anyone else at TE #1 this season. 

Last edited:
There's so much parity at the top of the draft that prospects at 12 are likely to grade out similar to those at 2.

Trading back has always been my most desired scenario. 
devil.gif
I hope the Brown's aren't stingy and pony up for Mitchell.

BTW if we trade back to 12, OJ Howard might be BPA, so don't rule out drafting a tight end, especially since this regime is not obligated to anybody on this roster other than the guys they've brought in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom