:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Beast mode a Raider and the draft 1 day away; things finally HEATing up!
that offense is going to be insane. it could be historically good....

that defense is still atrocious. 
sick.gif

that offense is going to be insane. it could be historically good....

that defense is still atrocious. :x

FR tho they should have looked at adding Richard sherm to that deal with SEA they could use someone like him on the other side of the ball

Nah, they need another type of corner. They already have two tall and long dudes that can barely move in sean smith and david amerson. They need a twitchier, athletic corner that can play outside and in the slot to cover the smaller wide receivers like brandin cooks, antonio brown, julian edelman, tyreek hill, etc.

jack del rio is a liability 
grin.gif
grin.gif

derek carr is a young god. i am a massive fan.

Last edited:
Are the reports true of the niners possibly looking at RB with trading back into the 1st or in the 2nd. 

And yes its for
nerd.gif

Last edited:
one of my favorite "flying under the radar" players in this years draft. Ryan does it all. Return guy, slot, can play the outside and is tough as nails. he doesn't have 4.3 speed, but to me he's a mix of Tavon Austin and Julian Edelman. I'd love him in the 4th. I think he's worth it in Shanny's offense.

[h1]final mock 2017 draft #Brickbybrick[/h1]
 ​
[h2]1.) Christian McCaffrey, OW, Stanford - 5'11", 202 lbs[/h2]

There’s no better way for a new GM to start their tenure than to draft a player both he and the head coach know intimately. There’s also no better coach equipped to maximize a player with Christian McCaffrey’s multiplicity of talents. With his combination of vision, patience, and ability to cut on a dime, Christian McCaffrey is tailor made to carry the rock in an outside zone scheme, but he’s so much more than just a running back. This guy runs routes better than any running back i’ve seen since Marshall Faulk. Putting a linebacker on him is doing that linebacker a disservice. He’s essentially a combination of Julian Edelman and Brian Westbrook. A legitimate 4-down player with his ability on special teams. With him and Juice in the backfield, opposing defensive coordinators are in for long nights ahead.
devil.gif

​
[h2]2. ) Carl Lawson, DE, Auburn - 6'2", 261 lbs[/h2]

I went back and forth with Jordan Willis, but I am going with my guy. Our new LEO, Carl Lawson is a powerhouse of an edge rusher. Dude is tank. Destroys tight ends as a contain defender. I ranked him the second best overall edge rusher in the draft, and the only reason he’s here is because he tore his ACL and broke his hip prior to this last season. He played every game this season, so I believe he is past his injuries. In addition to excellent get off and closing speed, Lawson has the best, most violent hand usage in the draft, but more importantly, he rushes with a plan. I think he's the most polished edge rusher in the draft. He reminds me a lot of Rickey Jackson, our elephant/leo in 1994.
 ​
[h2]3.) Carlos Henderson, WR, La Tech - 5'11", 199 lbs[/h2]

Carlos Henderson, or as I like to call him, “Baby Jarvis Landry.” Henderson is a playmaker we desperately need at the WR group.  Dude is a problem with the ball in his hands. He's a very shifty and elusive receiver that has the ability to take it to the house on every touch. Has the vertical speed to torch teams deep. Most importantly, despite only being 5’11” and 199 lbs, he plays with rage and physicality as he plows through defenders in a manner that parallels Jarvis Landry. in fact, he lead all receivers in the nation by forcing 48 missed tackles in 2016. YAC city all day with baby jarvis.
[h2]4.) Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh - 6'2", 226 lbs[/h2]

Nathan Peterman is a moderate investment whose ceiling is a solid starting quarterback and floor is really good backup. No elite tools, but a lot of good ones. Peterman brings clean mechanics, operated from under center, and has experience doing a lot of things Kyle is going to ask of him. He also isn't afraid to stand in the pocket and make a throw with a defender bearing down on him. Since we’re only making a moderate investment at the QB spot, Peterman gives us the flexibility to pursue Kirk Cousins in the event he doesn't develop as needed.
 ​
[h1]4.) Howard Wilson, CB, Houston - 6'1", 184 lbs[/h1]

Howard Wilson is eerily similar to Rashard Robinson as both a player and athlete. Draft is so deep at corner that he's likely to go later than he should. Dude is a ballhawk and has a penchant for getting his hands on the ball. Like Rashard, he’s got that long, twitchy athletic frame that can fluster receivers off the line and run stride for stride with them in space. He's got the requisite tools Saleh desires for his corners to get physical with wide receivers off the line of scrimmage and bail to their deep third zone. He's a perfect fit for this cover 1/3-based defense.
 ​
[h1]5.)Tanzel Smart, DT, Tulane - 6'1", 296 lbs[/h1]

One of the gems in the draft. Tanzel is a disruptive, high-effort player that played the run well and rattled quarterbacks in the pocket at Tulane. I graded him as one of the best interior defensive linemen in the entire draft. He brings a different body type that we're missing opposite the twins. He's a shorter, stouter dude that is lower to the ground and can shoot through a gap. He’s an interior pass rusher that we can line up a 1Tech at the nose or slide him over at 3Tech DT in sub package. This should light a fire under Armstead’s *** and bump a couple guys off the roster.
 ​
[h1]5.)Elijah Lee, OLB, Kansas St. - 6’3” 228 lbs[/h1]

We need to get faster and more athletic on defense, and Elijah Lee is in line with that theme. Lee is an undersized but highly athletic linebacker that Kyle's former employer in Atlanta loves to target in the draft. He's got a long, gangly frame but plays bigger than his size. He caught my eye in a game against Oklahoma where he lit Joe Mixon up. He’s depth for now, but I see him competing for the WILL spot later down the road.
 ​
[h1]6.) Jessamen Dunker, OG, Tennessee St. - 6'4", 318 lbs[/h1]
 ​
Being a great athlete, Dunker is an excellent fit for Kyle's scheme. He has great height and length to complement his athleticism. He’s a very raw player, but given some time to develop, he has the potential to be a starter at OG later down the road. Dunker has some off-field baggage, but the Niners met with him to presumably clear that stuff up.
 ​
[h1]6.) Roderick Henderson, NT, Alabama St. - 6’1” 350 lbs[/h1]

At 6'1" and 350 lbs, Henderson is a true behemoth in the middle of the line. Think Vince Wilfork because he has that type of frame, size, and athleticism at the nose tackle position. With our run defense being so damn atrocious last season,Henderson brings much needed run stopping ability and should push Earl Mitchell from the jump for the nose tackle position in base.
 ​
[h1]7.) JJ Dielman, OG/C, Utah - 6'5", 309 lbs [/h1]
 ​
 ​
I think Dielman is excellent value here. He's coming off an injury, so I think he's completely flying under the radar. Athletic center that has played all over the line and has multiple years of experience starting. Dielman is a tough, smart, and athletic linemen that Kyle is looking for. Provides good depth at guard or center and could push for a starting role in the future.
 ​

Last edited:
Had a dream last night that the Browns went Trubisky at 1 and the Niners passed up Garrett and went with Malik Hooker for some reason :x
I was sick lol. Bears got Garrett and when they went to the live feed from Chicago it was as if they just won the Super bowl lol.

One more day fellas.... Tomorrow should be fun :D
DAMN!!! That is a crazy detailed dream! :lol:

Man if we pick up Christian in the first I'd be happy, dude is going to be a damn nightmare in the league. We are further behind on offense than defense I think. 

Man if we pick up Christian in the first I'd be happy, dude is going to be a damn nightmare in the league. We are further behind on offense than defense I think. 

I agree. I think we're a few players away (along with the progression of Buckner, Arik & R.Rob) away from being a very good D. also Ward possibly playing the single high might turn out to be beneficial.

Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, Trubisky is still on Cleveland's radar with the first overall pick, and the team is "more apt" to keep picks No. 1 and 12 instead of trying to make a trade on Day 1 of the draft.
giphy.gif

Mannn I am praying the Browns gon Brown

If it were any other team I would have given up on Myles a while ago

Either way, pumped for tomorrow :pimp:

Does beast mode make the raiders SBFavorites? Pats are the SB gate keepers in the AFC
No. No defense. Bruce Irvin showed up out of all the offseason signings last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear NFL GMs and Coaches,

I’m writing to express my interest in becoming your next dominant football player.

I’m not one to tout my own accomplishments. It’s not really in my nature. But I also understand that this is a time when I should be open about what I’ve done in the past and what I plan to do in the future.

When I’m selected in the upcoming draft, I’m pretty sure I know what the guys on TV are going to say: “This is the kid who broke Reggie White’s all-time sack record at Tennessee.”

That’s true. That’s something I did, and it’s something I’m very proud of.

But one thing I want to make clear is that breaking that record was never a goal of mine. It wasn’t what motivated me or what I had set out to accomplish before I enrolled at Tennessee. Instead, it was a by-product.

It was the by-product of countless hours spent studying offensive linemen. It was the by-product of coaches taking the time to help me develop my physical gifts. And it was the by-product of my teammates doing their job very well so that I could do mine.

Achieving that sack record definitely meant a lot to me, but I would have traded it away in a heartbeat to have won a championship while I was in college. So understand that even though I’ve achieved some noteworthy things and won some individual awards,  they are not what drives me.

I want to lead a defense. I want to be an important part of a winning team.

I want to win a Super Bowl.

I’m sure you’ve heard from plenty of players who talked about the work they’d put into developing their craft. I understand that working hard is the very minimum of what you need to do in order to make it at this level. I want to tell you about the person who really taught me what it means to give everything to your profession: my mom.

She’s my best friend and my inspiration. All throughout my childhood, I watched her come home from work only so she could change and go to another job. She’s worked her entire life — sometimes three jobs at once — just so I could one day be in a position to write you this letter today.

When I make it to the NFL, she knows that I’ll be able to take care of her. She deserves  for me to take care of her. But she doesn’t want that. She’s already told me that she’s going to keep her same job at the UPS warehouse — on her feet, sweating, sorting packages on a tight deadline — even after I make it to the league.

Working hard is not optional — it’s in my DNA.

I’m proud of the fact that I’m not a player who suddenly burst on the scene late in my college career. Since I arrived at Tennessee, I’ve produced consistently every single year. But that doesn’t mean I’m the same player I was as a freshman. Not even close.

I was really lucky at Tennessee to learn from a bunch of remarkable coaches, including Steve Stripling. Every day Coach Stripling had us working on our hands at the point of contact and how we anticipate the snap. I’ll you what, he was hard on me. From the very first day I arrived on campus, he was on me to refine whatever physical talents I had so that I could become a well-rounded football player.

He taught me that the game doesn’t start when the whistle blows. It begins the week before, when you’re studying your opponent. You put in that work so that when the ball is snapped you’re able to use your instincts to make the best decisions possible.

My freshman year, I played every down like my hair was on fire. But by the time I was a junior, the game had finally started to slow down for me. That’s what preparation does. That showed me that I was ready for this next challenge.

I’m not scared of the tougher level of competition. I’ve spent the past three seasons playing in the best conference in college football, and I was able to find success even when teams tried everything they could to take me out of games.

I’m not scared of the big stage.  I know what it’s like to play in a stadium where you can’t hear the person next to you. I know what it’s like to line up across from a player who is just as physically gifted as me — and know that I can beat him using my superior technique. 

I know there’s still so much work to be done, but I also think that I’ve only scratched the surface of my potential.  

Right now, you might know me as the kid who broke Reggie White’s sack record at Tennessee, but that’s not the only thing I’m going to be remembered for by the time I leave this game.

I promise you that.

Sincerely,

Derek Barnett

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom