:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

If we can move back in the draft and end up with Christian McCaffrey and Corey Davis, I would cream my pants.
McCaffrey ain't makin it to 12
Well, I dont think Davis is making it to the 2nd round either, in spite of the reports.  The thing is, I didnt necessarily mean we had to trade with Cleveland, even though the post I quoted was talking about moving back to 12.  I am sure there are other teams that are interested in trading up.

Last edited:
 San Francisco 49ers: New general manager John Lynch has locked up what used to be a leaky front office. This is a very hard team to peg right now, but I do continue to hear from rival scouts and general managers that it likes Reuben Foster and Fournette, but may not be willing to take either at No. 2 overall. I don't expect a quarterback in Round 1. The 49ers could try to duplicate last year's draft and trade back into the 20s for more players.

Niners getting two first rounders?!??? :nerd: do it lynch!! If he can do that without trading the #2 pick I'm all for it

Niners getting two first rounders?!???
nerd.gif
do it lynch!! If he can do that without trading the #2 pick I'm all for it
Thats not happening without getting rid of that #2, if we take foster I am done. 

I like Foster a lot, but there's no way I take him at 2. I think he's too flawed of a player. He's not Willis or Kuechly. I've pointed out his flaws in this thread already.

I also have concerns about his health and long-term durability. He's already suffered 2 concussion at the college level, and he is on record saying he had to lose weight to alleviate "knee problems". What does that mean? tendonitis? some kind of chronic issue?

He talks about it here in this video @ :40. If I picked up on this, you better believe every scout, exec and GM will be looking into this and doing their homework.

Red has already pointed this out numerous times through out thread
He just failed a drug test too.

Last edited:
Foster has since added to his off-field concerns by getting kicked out of the combine and failing a drug test. 
laugh.gif

It's a shame because he was probably my favorite player coming into this past season of CFB.

Last edited:
Why? You don't like foster?
He's not a player you take at #2, hes a guy that goes to a successful team late in the first. His value is probably somewhere between 15-20 right now, not at #2. Gimme Thomas, McCafferey, Adams or Hooker in the top 10. Those are instant impact guys.

With fosters off the field problems I highly doubt niners take foster not only in the first but in the second round as well. Regardless of how inconsistent he was niners dropped Brock the minute his off the field troubles came out :lol:

Man I love seeing how lynch carries himself and talks

He's locked up the building from leaking any info that not many experts know who the hell the niners are taking or like. :D

Watching vids of 49ers in helmets and jerseys and I thought I saw Kaep throw to Crabtree but it was really Barkley to Garçon :lol:

I can see why Jed fell in love with Lynch. He talks really sincere and genuine but commands respect. No...

So i hope whoever we pick at two its either Adams or Solomon. Adams seems like a player that can lead a change im personality of the locker room.

If you're John Lynch, do you trade your #2, #34, and a player to be named to Tennessee for their #5 and #18?

Last edited:
The better question is why would Tennessee trade away those two picks? Jon Robinson would laugh hysterically at that proposal before he hung up the phone.

Last edited:
What if Tennessee is targeting a specific player at #2 whom they know could be gone by the time they pick at #5?

For example, if CLE picks Trubisky at 1, Myles Garrett all of a sudden becomes available at 2 and the Niners could dangle it to TEN, who'd love at the shot to land Garrett. Niners could then end up with two difference makers at 5 and 18.

It wouldn't hurt for the Niners to inquire, even if Robinson laughs hysterically at the proposal.

Last edited:
Myles Garrett is literally the only exception here that Tennessee might contemplate trading up for. And even then I don't see it. Jon Robinson comes from that NE school of draft philosophy where they rarely move up. They value those picks.

There's a reason 4 out of the top 10 teams want to trade out. There isn't much drop off in talent between 2 and 5. Hell, there isn't much drop off in talent from 2 to the teens.

Last edited:
If the Niners are one of those 4 teams that seriously want to trade out in order to get two first roundres, then I'm all for it. What I'd love to see them do is find a way to acquire two first round picks. I don't care when they pick, I just want to see two first rounders since, like you said, there's not much drop off in talent from early to late first round and there are at least 10-12 (maybe more) really solid prospects that can be major impact starters from the jump.

Last edited:
I would love to get two first rounders, but I don't see it happening. Not this year.

I was listening to a podcast earlier with a dude from Cleveland said he's heard the Browns are offering the 49ers their 12th overall pick, a second and a third round pick. Unless the Browns get desperate for Trubisky, I think that might be the best offer we receive.

I forgot to mention that he said teams after the Niners are asking significantly less for their spot.

Last edited:
If that's the best offer we get, I'm keeping our #2 and draft BPA.

We can be creative with other teams to acquire additional second, third, or fourth rounders.

Last edited:
I don't think that's too shabby of a deal. Like it's been stated, it's Garrett then a distant 2nd for BPA. Anyone taken at #2 could be had at #s 8-10. That should tell you enough about the parity for 2nd overall. But, if we could get next years first to add to that package I'd jump all over it.

starting to think the possible 49ers and Browns' trades haven't happened because we're still trying to aquire Cousins. if we land him we'd be for sure swapping 1st's, and the 'Skins would most likely want Trubisky.

who knows if we have a tentative deal done with the Browns to give up #2 if the Cousins deal doesn't come to fruition.

am I thinking too much? it makes perfect sense, in my opinion.

Had a dream last night that the Browns went Trubisky at 1 and the Niners passed up Garrett and went with Malik Hooker for some reason :x
I was sick lol. Bears got Garrett and when they went to the live feed from Chicago it was as if they just won the Super bowl lol.

One more day fellas.... Tomorrow should be fun :D

starting to think the possible 49ers and Browns' trades haven't happened because we're still trying to aquire Cousins. if we land him we'd be for sure swapping 1st's, and the 'Skins would most likely want Trubisky.

who knows if we have a tentative deal done with the Browns to give up #2 if the Cousins deal doesn't come to fruition.

am I thinking too much? it makes perfect sense, in my opinion.
nah, i feel the same way.

btw MITCH TRUBISKY at 1 is starting to pick up a lot of steam. seeing multiple credible people report it.

Back
Top Bottom