:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sucks for Malcolm, but I never envisioned him winning the will spot with Reub and Ray-Ray on the team.

Been hearing nothing but praise for Hoyer, and for Grant to say this means a lot.

TBH Garnett is sort of worse news IMO we have plenty of linebackers and specifically we have a couple guys who can play Malcolm Smith's position.

At Joshua Garnett's all we have is Zane Beadles and Brandon Fusco, and this is the OL ranked 30th and 32nd in pass/rush blocking by PFF.

Just another setback for JG which sucks because we traded up to get him late in the first round (which I'm sure you all recall) and so far he hasn't panned out to much.

Danie Kilgore could move from center to substitute but allegedly he's been outplaying Zuttah who would become our new starting C if Kilgore moved.

It does suck losing Garnett, but I'm not convinced he would have been a great fit in this scheme.

Cool to see youngins doing good. Excited for the first preseason game.

That feeling is back. Football season

A first depth chart from the new regime

IMG_2685.PNG

Who's the starting slot once the season comes between Kerley, Goodwin and Taylor?

Also how long does Solomon stay at second string?

Who's the starting slot once the season comes between Kerley, Goodwin and Taylor?

Also how long does Solomon stay at second string?

Probably Kerley. Both Taylor and Kerley have been great in the slot, Kerley led the 9ers for yards last season, Taylor ripped **** up in college, but Taylor is unproven in the NFL, a theme I"ll be touching on again later with Thomas.

It looks to me like Marquise Goodwin has been taking a lot of action from the X and the Z, more than in the slot, using crossing routes and deep routes.

Here's some pretty cool highlights of the Hoyer to Goodwin connections thus far in practice to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

Solomon probably stays at second string for a while as long as Tank Carradine stays healthy (and that's a question in the air) and plays well.

Its sort of the same question both Taylor and Thomas are both great college players but Shanahan and Lynch are gonna go with the guys they know can play at first string at the NFL level. Plus why risk ruining development a month or two into their careers.

Reuben Foster is out of the frying pan and into the flame unfortunately, because of our team's injuries and will have to grow up fast, best to at least let Thomas develop behind someone and not have both our 1st round picks just out there mayne.

Kerley definitely has earned his starting spot and Carradine probably already has too unless Thomas starts to really show out in practice.

Seems like this regime definitely is giving the veterans the nod, which makes sense, Reuben Foster is the only rookie listed playing with the 1s besides special teamers (Taylor, Bolden).

Looking at the depth chart and wondering why Pinion doesn't have any competition. Dude is pretty meh

:lol:

I took Andy Lee for granted. Our offense wasn't amazing under Coach, but Andy being able to pin the opponent deep in their own territory a lot of the time and letting our defense make plays was pretty crucial at times.

And :wow: looking at the front 7 + backups, looks filthy on paper

Back
Top Bottom