:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sure. It’s classic Jimmy but to me he righted his wrongs on that last drive. If Rodgers wins MVP this year that drive with :37 on the clock is the highlight of his season, and he’s been been historically bad against us in CA. Even for good Qb’s that’s not supposed to happen.
See, we are so used to Jimmy messing up majority of a game that we ignore everything bad that he's done as soon as he does something good. Then we also ignore the fact that the defense kept us in the game during Jimmy's bad moments as soon as they don't make the final big play to save the win. I feel like if there weren't so many bad moments throughout the game, then the need for the big defensive stop at the end wouldn't be necessary.

Jimmy has the 5th highest cap hit of any QB in the NFL. What he is physically being paid couldn't be less relevant.

Thats cap hit though. Salary can be front/back end loaded so thats not a fair indicator.

He's paid pretty comparable to other QBs in his tier

need to get a new jersey. what's the best version of the jersey to get? i know I want the white one with the shadowed numbers but there's like 3 or 4 different variations of them.....
All I know is we are 0-4 at home when I wear my red Warner throwback to Levi's and 4-0 when I wear my T.O or Gore. I may never wear my Warner again. :lol:

Last edited:
Jimmy has the 5th highest cap hit of any QB in the NFL. What he is physically being paid couldn't be less relevant.

Right...And he is more than double the cap hit than any other player on the team. Therefore, all criticism he receives is warranted in my opinion. The argument that he is the 12th highest paid qb now is sort of irrelevant because when he signed his contract, he was top 5 or specifically 3. I can't remember.
I just looked it up, he was the highest paid qb for the 2018 season and had the biggest per year average in NFL history when he signed.

Last edited:

For one, the cap hit doesn’t matter because Kyle stated after drafting Trey that Jimmy was going to be on the roster this season. Second, the 2021 season is over. But if you want to talk about the cap hit for next season because his future on this team is uncertain, sure. His dead money cap hit is less than $2M

Last edited:
And I really dont care what you think about that. He cost us between 17 and 21 points in a 3 point game. But the third downs right? Miss me with that nonsense.
I never said he was absolved from blame. I said you’re foolish for putting 100% of blame on a single player when an entire unit failed.

Anyway moving on....

Trey played adequate if we are judging him like we judge Jimmy. He played good if we are judging him like he is...a 21 year old playing his 3rd game in 2 years. He had a rough first half, and played well in the 2nd half. Seemed to get more comfortable as the time went on.

I think he is the guy from here on out. There will be some ups and downs and rookie mistakes, but its nice to know that our 1st round QBotF will be making the rookie mistakes, not a 30 year old 8 year vet.

I never said he was absolved from blame. I said you’re foolish for putting 100% of blame on a single player when an entire unit failed.
The entire unit gave up 13 points that weren't directly due to a mistake by our QB. How is that failing? Giving up 13 points should be enough to win ANY game in the NFL, which is why placing blame on them is silly.

Anyway, let's all hope Trey balls out on Sunday and clinches us a playoff spot that would have already been clinched if we had even average QB play in the Titans game.

The problem with Jim's contract is that we gave him 5 year money and he's barely given us a little over 2. We talk about Dee Ford but Jimmy been eating good holding a clipboard every other year. We got 2019 and maybe this year after spending a fortune to draft his replacement.

reading all these posts on jimmy vs trey, i would love if this thread existed back in '89 - '94 :lol:.

listening to the talk shows and reading the chronicle and examiner back then, now that was a controversy and people dying on their joe vs steve hill.

no i meant there are different types of jerseys (along with different price points). which is the best?

Not trying to spend an arm and a leg either.

dont get the cheapest priced one. get the one that retails for like $170. theyre called vapor limited. the numbers are stitched but it aint as high end as the authentics that go for $300. and then on the other side theres one that retails for $120 but its screenprinted and its fugazi.

reading all these posts on jimmy vs trey, i would love if this thread existed back in '89 - '94 :lol:.

listening to the talk shows and reading the chronicle and examiner back then, now that was a controversy and people dying on their joe vs steve hill.
Everyone grew to love Steve though. There was bitterness at first for sure, much like there is now and during the Alex/Kap days.

I just hope we can get back to the days of having a franchise QB, not just one who is paid like one.

Right.....but why does what he is being paid matter to you more than what he costs against the cap?
The link i shared is more relative and representative based upon players performances. Cousins, matt ryan, jimmy, roethlisberger, carr and wentz are in the top 10 in the link you posted while josh allen and mahomes are listed in the bottom half. That doesnt sound right at all if the subject was brought up regarding pay vs performance.

no i meant there are different types of jerseys (along with different price points). which is the best?

Not trying to spend an arm and a leg either.
I usually get the game jerseys, the ones that are around $120. It has the split hem on the side and are more tailored to like an oversized shirt. Affordable, and probably the most bang for your buck.

The limited jerseys have stitched lettering and replicate more of the on-the-field real jerseys on how they're constructed. Might be the overkill buy unless you want to look like you're going to step on the field? :lol:

Then elites are pretty much the real jersey's, so unless you're planning to get it signed and framed, or actually suit up when it's time then this is your buy :rofl:

Legend jerseys are the lowest tier i believe. They look lower in quality and don't have that athletic split hem on the bottom. If you buy this, you're better off just saving a bit more and buying your jersey at target sports section.

dont get the cheapest priced one. get the one that retails for like $170. theyre called vapor limited. the numbers are stitched but it aint as high end as the authentics that go for $300. and then on the other side theres one that retails for $120 but its screenprinted and its fugazi.
I got me a vapor limited that I've worn like 4 times and may never wear again therefore I got ripped off even tho I got em on sale for $120.

It's a #10 :lol:

Aiyuk is silky smooth:pimp:.

He must have drawn over 200+ yards of Pass interference yards this year because how difficult he is to cover.He’s oozing talent and him and Trey do have a connection. Going to be fun to watch.

If Trey has to start this week please can everybody temper expectations. There’s going to be a mistake. There’s going to be times where he holds the ball too long. We need all 3 units playing with their hair on fire fighting for playoff contention.

Lettuce prey

The thought of Brosizzlew potentially being right all along has me so conflicted :smh:

:rofl:For real though Trey plays well against the Rams and gets the W no way Kyle even with 100% hand can go back to Jimmy.

But, I know what I saw versus the Texans he was overwhelmed early on and the game was moving way too fast for him to make reads.

And the play calling was iffy. 2nd half we went back to basics plus texans did their thing on our run game in a way. And their o line was pretty good against our d. But for 2nd game of r a kid it wasnt bad

Back
Top Bottom