:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would let all those fools walks except for cox and cully.

Next year we have Kilgore at center, marcus martin and brandon thomas at guard. We should probably draft a tackle as well.

We need the same **** next year that we've needed the last few drafts: a wide receiver or two that can take the top off the defense in the mold of Emmanuel sanders, John brown, ty Hilton and Antonio brown.

I would definitely like an explosive wideout, and a real corner in the draft... not a safety playing corner.. smh.

I would let all those fools walks except for cox and cully.

Next year we have Kilgore at center, marcus martin and brandon thomas at guard. We should probably draft a tackle as well.

We need the same **** next year that we've needed the last few drafts: a wide receiver or two that can take the top off the defense in the mold of Emmanuel sanders, John brown, ty Hilton and Antonio brown.
had a chance to get Martavis Bryant but our draft was so solid no complaints over here.

via ESPNinsider

Why has Vernon Davis struggled?
December, 11, 2014
By Tom Carpenter | ESPN Insider

Last season, Vernon Davis ranked second among fantasy tight ends with 156 points generated by catching 52 passes for 850 yards and 13 touchdowns. After 14 weeks have been put in the books this season, Davis ranks 34th with just 31 fantasy points, 25 receptions, 236 yards and 2 TDs.

For whatever reason, Davis has been used rarely as a pass-catcher in offensive coordinator Greg Roman's system this season, especially near the end zone.

"Consider: A year ago, Davis had 13 touchdown receptions. This year, he has only been targeted in the red zone once, in the season opener at Dallas," noted ESPN San Francisco 49ers reporter Paul Gutierrez. "And yes, he scored a TD."

Not surprisingly, Davis would like to get back to his previously productive role.

“Not just as someone who’s blocking,” David said. “I enjoy it. I would love to be involved a little bit more. I would love that. That would be amazing. But like I said, it’s out of my control. All I can do is come here, show up and take care of my responsibilities.”

“For me, it’s all about coming here, showing up and doing what I have to do to contribute,” Davis added. “As far as not getting the ball, (I) leave it up to the offensive coordinator. It’s his call.”

Some of his struggles fall on his shoulders, too, as he has underperformed in most facets of the game in 2014.

"Davis has dropped 6 of 31 catchable passes this season and his 19.4 percent drop rate is the second-highest among NFL tight ends, according to Pro Football Focus," wrote Eric Branch of SFGate.com. "In addition, his blocking, which has been a strength, has declined. According to PFF’s grading system, his run-blocking grade ranks 56th of 65 tight ends."

Two of the final three teams the Niners play this season (Seattle Seahawks Sunday, Arizona Cardinals in Week 17) have been vulnerable to opposing tight ends this sesaon, so Davis may have the chance to make a mark down the stretch. Whether that will happen largely is up to Roman, though.

ESPN forgot to mention the single most reason why Vernon hasn't been the same player in a long time:

that fool kam made vernon re-evaluate his love for football 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
Even though bethea has been doing a great job, after seeing those vids there is nothing like having a hitter a saftey. Made me miss goldson and whitner.

Last edited:
@49ersaaron8  

I think Tyler Lockett is the WR I am zoning in on especially in the middle rounds. He can take the top off the defense and is also a returner. Football pedigree is a plus.

****, i love the draft 
devil.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom