:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

those guys on the webzone are a joke. pseudo keyboard coaches. i got banned a couple years back for calling them out. 
grin.gif

some dude was "breaking down" aldon's pass rushing vs green bay and called aldon smith's hump move(pass rushing 101 learn in high school) a "a combo finisher" or some bs. lol  wtf

niners nation does the best ive seen online.
I'm banned from webzone as well.  But regardless, these guys have been doing this coaching film breakdown the last 2 seasons and are pretty on point with what they are saying IMO.  Back to my point....it looks like a lot of the play designs are designed to go to one player, with other players simply running space clearing routes or decoy routes.

Just something to think about.

Roman gotta go man...I'm seriously wondering what the gameplan is he has for Seattle go back to the pistol n mix up the *** plays

the problem aren't the plays themselves. every team in the league uses clear out routes, high-low reads, ETC.

the problem is these plays dont fit us. why are we running plays where crabtree is running a 40-yard clear out? our o-line isn't built to protect this long. why the hell are all our formations so compact and everything is within the numbers? these type of plays dont play to our strengths. for example, where the hell is the horizontal stretch offense? all the crossing routes, the rub routes, etc. to give our QB an easier decision and throw? why the hell dont we run the zone stretch with the read option like seattle does? they are ridiculous with that ****.

we're running some hybrid bo schembechler/don coryell offense and the **** dont fit us.

we literally dont play to our personnel or QB's strengths. 

Last edited:
the problem aren't the plays themselves. every team in the league uses clear out routes, high-low reads, ETC.

the problem is these plays dont fit us. why are we running plays where crabtree is running a 40-yard clear out? our o-line isn't built to protect this long. why the hell are all our formations so compact and everything is within the numbers? these type of plays dont play to our strengths. for example, where the hell is the horizontal stretch offense? all the crossing routes, the rub routes, etc. to give our QB an easier decision and throw? why the hell dont we run the zone stretch with the read option like seattle does? they are ridiculous with that ****.

we're running some hybrid bo schembechler/don coryell offense and the **** dont fit us.

My point exactly we've gone away from what we do best Why? Like I really wanna know if it's not broken don't fix it. You got two beasts in the backfield with Gore n Hyde run the pistol then work the PA game way too many weapons for the offense I just don't get it man.

San Francisco's coaching staff has decided to bring the entire offense off the PUP list and onto the teams active roster for Week 15. This should add some needed help to winning games moving forward.

When we asked former NFL coach and analyst John Madden about the move he said, "That's a good move. I've always said that the team that scores the most points will usually win the game. Offense can be a big help in scoring those points if they drive down the field and score."

It was up in the air it the offense would be active for this season. Even without the offense the team still has a chance of making the playoffs with a current record of 7-6. When we asked coach Harbaugh about the move he offered "Man, this offense is going to be like a speeding locomotive storming down the tracks barreling through the turns with Greg Roman as the conductor. He will be the guy blowing the horn and wearing the funny hat." Niner fans hope that Roman can fit this description and finally blow the train whistle instead of just plain blowing.

Got that from NinersNation

:lol: :lol: let's see how this pans out with GRo being the conductor

Red what is your opinion why we never cut block rushing ends. Patriots, Broncos, Seattle , and Philly do it all so well and have very successful offenses. Keep the ends from just speed rushing all game.

And I do know johnathan Martin is useless but seems like it's been eliminated for a reason.

its because our run game revolves around power running. everything is about powering through your assigned man, 1-on-1. hard to cut block with this style of running.

the cut block is almost exclusive zone running(ie seattle). easy to cut block when your opponent's body is getting turned/angled in pursuit and you only have to block half a body.

Last edited:
The teams I listed also use it in the passing game on bubble screens and slants quick no hitch delivery throws.

Iupati is gonna be too expensive, Crabtree won't be worth it, Brooks will be too expensive.

I would like to bring back P. Cox, but his performance this year could price him out of our range.

Iupati is gonna be too expensive, Crabtree won't be worth it, Brooks will be too expensive.

I would like to bring back P. Cox, but his performance this year could price him out of our range.

The writing's been on the wall for Brooks. He's gonna get cut w/ emergence of Lynch.

The shenanigans Brooks been pulling in relation to losing PT with Lynch def ain't helping either

P. Cox over the last couple games has come back to reality not playing like he was through the first 4 weeks.

The teams I listed also use it in the passing game on bubble screens and slants quick no hitch delivery throws.

Oh yeah we do use them in pass protection but seldomly.

Kaps strength is the intermediate pass so that's probably why you don't see it too often.

Last edited:

Brooks n Crab are gone do like to keep iupati and def bring back Cox

I would let all those fools walks except for cox and cully.

Next year we have Kilgore at center, marcus martin and brandon thomas at guard. We should probably draft a tackle as well.

We need the same **** next year that we've needed the last few drafts: a wide receiver or two that can take the top off the defense in the mold of Emmanuel sanders, John brown, ty Hilton and Antonio brown.

Last edited:
I would let all those fools walks except for cox and cully.

Next year we have Kilgore at center, marcus martin and brandon thomas at guard. We should probably draft a tackle as well.

We need the same **** next year that we've needed the last few drafts: a wide receiver or two that can take the top off the defense in the mold of Emmanuel sanders, John brown, ty Hilton and Antonio brown.

what's the point of drafting wrs if gro doesn't know how to use them? I'm sure if rookie versions of jerry and jt were lining up for us right now, gro would have them in exclusively to block

case in point, we have Ellington yet he decides to throw bubble screens to slow *** crabtree

Last edited:
Because mark helfrich will know exactly how to utilize them. :wink:

I want Melvin gordon if he slips to the second. Hyde will be the bulldozer and Gordon will be the home run threat.

Last edited:
I think CB would be more of a need than RB depending on who comes back. Especially if we change offensive coordinators to a more passing oriented guy then RB wont be a high priority.

Next year we'll have Brock, Ward, Johnson, Reaser and Acker. I think we'll be ok if we can retain Cox and/or Cully.

Our secondary scheme is almost exclusively team concepts with all the brackets, zones and what not, so aslong as our guys play sound assignment football were good. Fangio and Donatell always coach these guys up.

Last edited:
Kendall Hunter will be back next year too so RB may not be as pressing a need as other spots.

Back
Top Bottom