:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^ word is they want someone with HC experience. if true, it pretty much narrows it down to rex and shannahan

Speaking on NFL Network's NFL GameDay Morning, Ian Rapoport reported that the San Francisco 49ers are expected to show interest in former Houston Texans coach, Gary Kubiak.

Last edited:
Mike would be a good look. Seeing what he did with RG his first season. Build an O around Kap's strengths(bring back a lot more of the pistol) and go back to a down hill running game, we good.

Last edited:
Kubiak has done good things with that Baltimore offense. Expect his name to be brought up more from here on out if the Ravens keep scoring like this.

Last edited:
^ haha yeah man guy on Niners nation posted this and it made too much sense.

Tim Ryan was Harbaugh’s teammate and is tight with him. He is also a broadcaster for Niners games on both TV and Radio. Given his business relationship with Niners but a personal one with JH, he has to be careful in how he says things.

He clearly said that the conflict between JH and Baalke goes back to 2012. The most obvious thing that happened in 2012 was Baalke’s drafting of AJJ + LMJ + not using all picks on usable players (trading out, drafting injured Looney, etc) and then JH replacing Alex with Kap.

The change at QB very likely irked YorMarBaalke who had stood by with Alex for 7 years and had built an offensive roster for his style and skill set. Harbaugh going with his guy in Kap would have easily ruffled feathers in the building, and the ensuing national narrative shifting towards JH (which was already high from 2011 season), just as Baalke’s personnel moves in the draft lost value. JH was winning and the rest of the crew was being discounted: textbook case of how problems arise in organizations.

I’d bet my bottom dollar that a lot of irreparable issues started then. Just imagine being behind your QB through thick and thin for 7 years and then the HC totally destroys that reality by removing Alex and treating him in less than stellar ways in favor of his own hand picked QB.

The contract that FO gave Kap is more evidence that they are not completely behind Kap (for good reasons) and will move on if they can find a better replacement.

This drama is just starting!

^ haha yeah man guy on Niners nation posted this and it made too much sense.

Tim Ryan was Harbaugh’s teammate and is tight with him. He is also a broadcaster for Niners games on both TV and Radio. Given his business relationship with Niners but a personal one with JH, he has to be careful in how he says things.

He clearly said that the conflict between JH and Baalke goes back to 2012. The most obvious thing that happened in 2012 was Baalke’s drafting of AJJ + LMJ + not using all picks on usable players (trading out, drafting injured Looney, etc) and then JH replacing Alex with Kap.

The change at QB very likely irked YorMarBaalke who had stood by with Alex for 7 years and had built an offensive roster for his style and skill set. Harbaugh going with his guy in Kap would have easily ruffled feathers in the building, and the ensuing national narrative shifting towards JH (which was already high from 2011 season), just as Baalke’s personnel moves in the draft lost value. JH was winning and the rest of the crew was being discounted: textbook case of how problems arise in organizations.

I’d bet my bottom dollar that a lot of irreparable issues started then. Just imagine being behind your QB through thick and thin for 7 years and then the HC totally destroys that reality by removing Alex and treating him in less than stellar ways in favor of his own hand picked QB.

The contract that FO gave Kap is more evidence that they are not completely behind Kap (for good reasons) and will move on if they can find a better replacement.

This drama is just starting!
I also think the Peyton Manning Free Agency situation plays a part.

If i remember correctly. The final two teams were us and the Broncos. JH never wanted PM and everyone knew.

Keep both them shanahans the hell away from my team.

I'd rather have kubiak than anybody else if they're looking for a former HC

Still prefer Fangio overall

After we smashed them week one, I never would have envisioned that we would be sitting at home and the Cowboys would be hosting a playoff game today. Crazy season.

:smh: can't believe we not playing this post season
The cowboys are about to go to the next round :smh:
That shoulda been us against the panthers yesterday
All these NFC teams seem so soft this year if we was clicking on all cylinders
It woulda been a cake walk

Back
Top Bottom