:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's tons of stuff Kap can learn from one of the greatest pocket passers of all time. I am sure they'll sit down, review cut up film and discuss everything from coverage concepts vs play concept and decision making to pass protection and knowing where your throwing lane is. Not to mention his fundamentals are **** and need thousands of hours refining. Kap has some really bad footwork at times, and he really needs to master varying arm angles/arm speed on his throws.

One of my boys, who is a god damn football guru, is a firm believer that alex was imperative to kap's success. having alex's experienced, veteran voice to guide kap throughout the game helped him better understand what was going on during games, and it was part of the reason kap was thriving so early on. alex gone and kap subsequently sucks giving credence to my homie's theory. 

Last edited:
1st defensive coach lost. hopefully it's the first and last. 
sick.gif

[h1]Report: 49ers assistant Jackson joins Harbaugh at Michigan[/h1]
Posted on  January 7, 2015 at 10:21 pm  by  Eric Branch in 49ers

Niners assistant secondary coach Greg Jackson, one of their six defensive coaches, has joined Jim Harbaugh at the University of Michigan, Scout.com reported.

Jackson, 48, had been with the 49ers since 2011 when he reconnected with Harbaugh, his teammate for two seasons with the Chargers. Niners wide receivers coach John Morton has also traveled to Ann Arbor with Harbaugh.

The only other coach known to have left the 49ers staff is co-offensive line coach Reggie Davis, who is the running backs coach at Nebraska.

Meanwhile, secondary coach Ed Donatell reportedly interviewed with Washington on Wednesday for its defensive-coordinator opening. Niners defensive coordinator Vic Fangio will make Donatell his defensive coordinator if he’s named head coach.

The 49ers, of course, would like to keep its defensive staff largely intact after their defense has ranked among the NFL’s top five the past four seasons. Fangio, Donatell, defensive line coach Jim Tomsula, linebackers coach Jim Leavitt and assistant Ejiro Evero are the remaining members of the defensive staff.

Last edited:
They need to hurry up and name Fangio the HC so he can make Donatell the DC

Can't have him leave :smh:

At least Morton left :pimp:

Hmmm I get this uneasy feeling about fangio as HC. I love the guy, but the fact that we haven't heard of any teams asking to interview him for HC kinda says something to me. Does it speak volumes as to why he's been in the business for so long and no HC gigs? That he's a career DC? No idea bros.

I've mentioned it awhile back, but I'm liking the idea of kubiak as the HC a lot.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see how things play out soon enough.

Last edited:
Have we interviewed Mora Jr yet? These coaching interviews are being dragged for a min nobody wants to be a puppet to York n Baalke

I don't think anything will happen until Kubiak gets interviewed, so we better hope the Ravens get eliminated this weekend :lol:

I am sure John Harbaugh has already convinced Kubiak of not coming here and used what we did to his brother as an example of how he would be treated.

Last edited:
I am digging it.

If that did happen I wouldn't expect frank to return. I doubt he wants to play in an offense that revolves around zone blocking.
Yeah but doesn't the ZBS cater to running backs with excellent vision and patience?

You are more of the x's and o's guy than I am, so you tell me bro.

yeah, frank can absolutely do it, especially inside zone. patience is huge in ZBS because you need to sell the run and create that cutback lane. but frank is a downhill runner first and foremost, and he is ideal for power running with his north-south, low pad level style.

Consistently having to find that backside cutback lane, which is one of the biggest pros of ZBS because its so conducive to big plays,  is not frank's strong suit at 31 and often times patient runners find themselves TOO patient in ZBS. Once the cutback lane is available you need to hit that **** ASAP ideally within the first 3 steps. 

hyde is ******* PERFECT for ZBS. dude is always looking to explode into that second level and hitting that cutback lane will be like butter for him.

Last edited:
btw if somebody is unsure what the difference between ZBS and power running it's pretty simple.

ZBS: the ideally more athletic, agile linemen all flow in one direction, block a "zone", try to keep blocking into the second level and they want the defense to flow that same direction; subsequently, a running lane on the backside of the play is created. RB can still run play side if they see a lane, but usually the big money is in the cutback lane. ie marshawn lynch kills us with this ****. 

power running: every linemen and blocker has an assigned man, there will be a designated running lane with lead blockers paving the way and the running back's job is to hit the hole and beat his man. impose your will one-on-one, beat the **** out of your opponent and out-number your opponent at the point of attack.

the old football adage is "give me talent for power, give me coaching for zone" 

Last edited:
ZBS

i love the way you can combine zone blocking scheme with the read option. the synergy between the two is beautiful. if the cutback lane is there and the QB keeps, the play will result in a huge run. this is why russell wilson runs soooo freely on those zone reads.

i think kap would thrive with it as well. this is one of the reasons i am big on mark helfrich. him and chip mastered the zbs+zone read.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom