:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd love to see them move up in the draft to get a stud receiver and then add depth later in the draft.  I'm not convinced on Patton

Patton looks like he's going to be good player and will be extremely valuable in the future, but he's more of what we already have and he's not the problem. The element we're missing is the ability to stretch the field both horizontal and vertically. More specifically either a TRUE split end X receiver or a speedy, quick inside slot receiver.

btw speaking of QP he's in Miami working out with Kap. 
pimp.gif
 dude stays grinding. remember he's the one who purchased his own ticket to fly out here after the draft even tho he couldnt stay lol.

Last edited:
Kap will be fine aslong as he continues to work on his QB fundamentals ie footwork(both passing and dropping back), locating passing lanes, ETC.

Well DLand apparently has binoculars on him all game and assures us he's always studying on the sidelines, so I'm sure he has a "spygate" type system in place to assure us he's working on that at his Miami workouts instead of just bodybuilding. Right DLand?

Am I the only one who would rather go secondary first before WR? WR is not a bigger need than the secondary.

Last edited:
Yeah I too am a bit worried about that secondary far more than a 3rd WR.. unless his name is Sammy Watkins or even Mike Evans.

Dont see us using all of these draft picks, I think a trade is inevitable.

Kap will be fine aslong as he continues to work on his QB fundamentals ie footwork(both passing and dropping back), locating passing lanes, ETC.

Well DLand apparently has binoculars on him all game and assures us he's always studying on the sidelines, so I'm sure he has a "spygate" type system in place to assure us he's working on that at his Miami workouts instead of just bodybuilding. Right DLand?

Am I the only one who would rather go secondary first before WR? WR is not a bigger need than the secondary.

:rofl:

naw youre not the only one i went CB in my first mock I posted a couple weeks ago - Jason Verrett.

i aint mad if we grab either cooks or odell beckham jr tho. this draft is deep both ways so you cant lose. 

my "practical" 1st round pool -

WR Brandin Cooks

WR Odell Beckham JR

CB Jason Verrett

CB Kyle Fuller

DT Rashede Hageman

Last edited:
**** yea forgot about him. stephin tuitt would be on the list too but ive been hearing he might drop to the 2nd(yes please). draft is so deep this year always forget about players. the pool to pick from for the rounds after 1st is so wiiiide its too many players to post.

can you imagine rashede hageman with tomsula refining him? 
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Hageman is a one man rodeo at times if he had a constant motor he would have been a Suh like prospect. Still very capable of going top 25

brandin cooks is on NFL Network right now and the guy says all the right things. has that mentally and physically tough, killer instinct element to his game that fits in PERFECT with our team. I want this guy!!!

brandin cooks is on NFL Network right now and the guy says all the right things. has that mentally and physically tough, killer instinct element to his game that fits in PERFECT with our team. I want this guy!!!

Ive seen nothing but good things lately about his character. Im sure that could potentially push him up the draft board.

man this dude kelvin benjamin continues to intrigue me. i really dont want him in the 1st because there are too many impact players to roll the dice on iffy prospect, but if he slips into the 2nd i would be ok with moving up a little grabbing him with our huge amount of picks i think its a luxury we can afford. soo raw yet so much crazy potential. this dude is boooooom or bust. bust as in he could beout of the league in a couple years or boom as in completely UNSTOPPABLE in man coverage and in the redzone. i know the homie @SylvesterMcGrizzly  likes what he sees. 
wink.gif

this catch against clemson is insane. crazy catch radius.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1994513/FSUcatch.gif

jason verrett, KB, bashaud breeland and bruce ellington in first 4 picks? think that's what my latest mock would look like.

Last edited:
lol i was because i dont want him in the 1st and i still dont, but  a lot of scouts say he might slip into the 2nd. if we grab him there there then im ok with it, but not in the 1st when there are players like verrett  to be had.

i dont even know who id compare him to. i dont see brandon marshall. maybe JJ stokes?  dunno. dude is kind of unique. he's ridiculously big.

Last edited:
lol i dont know who to compare him to. he looks more like a tight end than a wide receiver. the guy is just so big. he weighed in at 242 at his pro day which would make him the heaviest wide receiver in the NFL.

Last edited:
lol i dont know who to compare him to. he looks more like a tight end than a wide receiver. the guy is just so big. he weighed in at 242 at his pro day which would make him the heaviest wide receiver in the NFL.

a big WR against NFCW secondaries might be what we need..it gets incredibly frustrating seeing our receivers get tossed aside at the line of scrimmage like the bed of salad sitting next to my burger.

a big WR against NFCW secondaries might be what we need..it gets incredibly frustrating seeing our receivers get tossed aside at the line of scrimmage like the bed of salad sitting next to my burger.
When you say NFCW secondaries, I am assuming you strictly mean Seattle.  I realize that the Cardinals have a great secondary, but I dont really view them as a threat.  I think they will regress this year, but thats not the point.

Point being, a big WR against the Seahawks is NOT what we need.  Seattle struggled with the shifty Wes Welker types, not the physical Larry Fitzgerald types. 

yeah the way you want to attack seattle is with multiple wide receiver formations(trips, bunch, stacks, etc)with speedy, fast twitch wide receivers and flood those zones. going strength for strength against them just plays right into what they want to do(ie a lot of contact at the line, holding, etc). it's like that that old boxing philosphy of "brawl a boxer and a box a brawler".

easier said than done.

Last edited:
Most likely he would have to earn a roster spot, he doesn't play special teams another low risk high reward I could see him as another Nnamdi deal but let's hope he doesn't end up like him.

Back
Top Bottom