:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
weird i dont get that option. wonder why.

edit i get it on my iphone when i switch to desktop mode but not on my PC. wtfeezy

Aldon-Smiles.gif

Last edited:
Aldon-Smiles.gif

Edit-- Hmm, I'm not sure why it's not working for you

Last edited:
Read that Baalke had an intense conversation with Aldon a few days ago. Wish I could have been a fly on that wall

Some draft day flashback on writers' and analysts' thoughts on the Niners drafting Kap back in 2011:

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2...epernick/c098c403-fd07-449c-8b79-56c447140fa5

Some interesting comments in hindsight :rofl:

ESPN’s Mel Kiper Jr.: “Jim Harbaugh found a quarterback he can develop with Kaepernick in Round 2, but even with the run on quarterbacks, I saw that as a reach. There's a lot of development needed.”

ESPN’s Todd McShay: “Kaepernick needs work and is a long way away, but with the right coaching he could be one of the steals of this draft.”

CBSSports.com’s Pete Prisco: “Passing on Blaine Gabbert and then trading up to get Colin Kaepernick (was a questionable move). They will now be linked together in 49ers draft history… They better hope… Kaepernick is better than the QBs taken ahead of him. That was risky passing on a quarterback at No. 7.”

Sporting News’ Clifton Brown: “They smartly traded up to get a quarterback. Problem is, he’s not ready to start right away. Maybe Blaine Gabbert would have been.”

Yahoo Sports’ Jason Cole: “The most impressive thing the 49ers did was not reach on a quarterback at that spot and instead waited until the second round to get Colin Kaepernick, who has just as much chance of being great as first-round quarterbacks Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder. The 49ers had to make a slight trade up to get Kaepernick, but that was perfectly acceptable.”

Those comments on kap just prove that the "experts" know as much as we do. We don't really know how a player will pan out.

So close to the draft. 
nerd.gif

if Kap doesn't stop staring down his receivers down and we grab someone like brandin cooks it could be RIP 1st round pick if he sets him up like he did Vernon vs Seattle. Our 1st round pick will be carted off the field if Kap keeps up with that tunnel vision.

Last edited:
red, random question I've been meaning to ask, but whats's the relationship between JT and jerry like?

amazing to think that those two could possibly be the best wr combo to have played

I know jerry said JT had the same talent as he did but JT during the offseason went on vacations with his family. That's no knock on him but Jerry never stopped training, ever.

So close to the draft. :nerd:

if Kap doesn't stop staring down his receivers down and we grab someone like brandin cooks it could be RIP 1st round pick if he sets him up like he did Vernon vs Seattle. Our 1st round pick will be carted off the field if Kap keeps up with that tunnel vision.

This is why I'm worried we wont get everything we want out of a WR if we draft one so high.

Kaep just locks on. :smh:

red, random question I've been meaning to ask, but whats's the relationship between JT and jerry like?

amazing to think that those two could possibly be the best wr combo to have played
 To be honest they have no relationship now. They dont get along and anytime theyre around each other JT ignores Jerry. Their issues go beyond the football field.

Jerry always said that if JT worked as hard as he did he would of been the GOAT, but JT never had the same fire Jerry did. Nobody did tho. Even when we sit around and hang out you can tell football isn't and maybe never was his passion. I think he did it because it was fun, he was good at it and he got paid. I am 10000000000x more crazy about football than he is.

Last edited:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m
2 teams pondering trading up for a WR: #49ers & #Jets. Beckham, Cooks, Lee possible targets. For SF, move into teens more likely than Top 5.

^ Word. I've been reading about these same potential trade rumors for FAR too long :lol:

I wouldn't mind Terrance West at all in the Mid rds. Big, strong, quick footed. He would've been a dominate rb on the highest FBS level

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom