:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Borland is costanzo all over again. not sure if this dude can be a starter but if you liked costanzo(which you should) youll love borland. a lot of people think hes too small to be a starter in the NFL but dude always had his nose in every play and is a stud on special teams. been said plenty of times but hes a tough, gritty, blue collar football player if you know what i mean lol. that's all we draft. football guys. :smokin

dude is a flat out baller. Old fashion mlb. I like that pick alot. Can do a lot of spot duty while navarro gets back to 100%.

Texans and Rams def is gonna be very good next yr.
dude rams are killing the draft 
sick.gif

mean.gif

Last edited:
All that talk bout trading up got my expectations all high. And we continue to trade down.

Last edited:
Redshirt pick for a mauler in case Iupati walks great draft thus far. Surprised nobody has taken Breeland he's a talented long limbed corner with above average ball skills.

chris borland will be a fan favorite fast

Intangibles-1-Leader. Hard worker on and off the field. Defensive tone setter. Parents are Jeff and Zebbie Borland.

1 = Exceptional2 = Above average3 = Average4 = Below average5 = Marginal

Inside Linebacker Specific Traits

Instincts/Recognition-1-Zach Thomas is obvious comparison due to height, but also similar in reaction skills and natural instincts vs. run, as blitzer and in coverage. Reads keys and rarely takes false steps. Above average job recognizing play action and sniffing out screens/draws. Has a nose for the ball and knows the angles. Playmaker and finisher.

Take-on Skills-2-Downhill run stopper that explodes into lead blockers and flashes ability to lift them off feet. Backs down from no challenge. Uses proper shoulder when taking on. Has very good initial striking ability to jolt blockers, and is quick enough to disengage/pursue before blocker regains balance. Short arms are only a factor when he fails to establish good positioning and/or allows blockers to lock out in phone booth. Struggles at times to keep blockers off of frame, especially taller, longer blockers that prevent him from making clean contact by locking out.

Range vs. Run-2-Plays fast. Diagnoses quickly, shows very good lateral agility to scrape down the line while keeping shoulders square. Shows a quick initial burst when turning to target, and also has very good closing speed on the field. Lacks good change-of-direction skills, so will be slow to redirect when caught over-pursuing. Outstanding motor, though. Never stops pursuing.

Tackling-2-Fills the hole and shows very good technique as a face-up tackler. Plays with reckless abandon and winds up leaving his feet (or lunging out of control) too often. Slow to redirect when he overruns a play. Short arms don't help in this area, either. But generally takes good angles, shows pop at the point of attack, and he works drive legs through contact.  Does an exceptional job of punching/ripping at the ball while wrapping the ball carrier up and bringing him to the ground. Finished 2nd in FBS history with 15 career forced fumbles.

Last edited:
@dland24 i have some bad newz for ya bro

“First of all, LaMichael did an excellent job for us a year ago,” Baalke said. “That’s his job, along with the running back position. We don’t feel an urgency to go out and replace LaMichael at all.

“(We’re) very excited about what he brings. First year as a punt returner averaging over 10 yards a return. Competed at a blue level as a punt returner for us, and would expect him to only get better in his second year of doing it.”

Hey fellow Niner fans. I don't post in here much but I pretty much follow page by page. I was in Radio City today at the draft in person and wanted to share my photos of the experience. I will upload more as I get time during this vacation.

See Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/41868153@N08/sets/72157644187290849/

It was an amazing experience overall. I wasn't able to attend Round 1 though.

Some highlights were getting to meet Marcus Martin and taking a pic with him. He cannot wait to be in the Bay! Also caught up with the Commish and had him sign my hat lol and took a pic.

The best part was running into Troy Vincent after the draft was over in the streets otw to subway and had a good 10 min or so about this draft and how the 49ers did. Overall it was great any questions just ask I am glad to share more as im sure i missed out on a bunch of details.

Also ran into Andre Reed at the Halal Cart! Super cool haha and he was like "you guys took Stevie!"

Back
Top Bottom