Official San Francisco 49ers Off-Season Thread (5-7): Let's get ready for the Draft!

[h5]October 4, 2009[/h5]
Deion Sanders dropping hints?

Deion Sanders provided the biggest plot twist in the Michael Crabtree saga when on Sept. 4 he said there were two teams that were willing to pay Crabtree the money he was seeking. Sanders, who is a Crabtree confidant, added a little more intrigue Sunday during a 49ers-Rams highlight reel on NFL Network.

During the segment, host Rich Eisen twice joked that the 49ers player catching touchdowns in the highlight was Michael Crabtree. (The highlights actually were of Vernon Davis and Josh Morgan). This was the exchange between Eisen and Sanders as the Morgan touchdown is being shown:

Eisen:Looking to the end zone for Michael Crabtree! ... No.

Sanders: Not yet. He could be brewing.

Eisen: Really? Dropping hints?

Sanders: Dropping hints.

Sanders dropped another teaser in a segment called "Let's Go Primetime." After noting how well the 49ers defense played against the Rams, he said, "And Crabtree may be on his way. I'm just saying. I'm just saying."

It was hard to determine whether Sanders was being serious -- lots of schtick in those highlight segments -- but if something were to be happening with Crabtree, rest assured that former Eugene Parker (it's "former." right?) client Sanders would know first. To watch the segment with Eisen, click here.

-- Matt Barrows

3-1
pimp.gif

this finally comming in the mail today to me
pimp.gif
as well

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

3-1
pimp.gif

this finally comming in the mail today to me
pimp.gif
as well

good cop fam
pimp.gif
...how much?
nerd.gif

crabtree suddenly wants to join us cause were winning...f him if primetime speaks the truh

[h2]Sources: Crabtree renews talks with 49ers[/h2]

Comment Email Print By Calvin Watkins
ESPNDallas.com
Archive

DALLAS -- First-round draft pick Michael Crabtree left for San Francisco from Tampa, Fla., on Monday to renew contract talks with the 49ers, according to multiple sources.

Crabtree was unavailable for comment. The Dallas native and former Texas Tech receiver has been training in Tampa the past few weeks in Tampa.

Eugene Parker, Crabtree's agent, is scheduled to arrive in San Francisco on Tuesday. Parker declined comment when reached.

Crabtree, the 10th overall selection in last April's draft, is the only unsigned first-round pick. He has missed the first four weeks of the regular season.

The 22-year-old Crabtree is seeking money comparable to higher picks and has turned down the 49ers' offer for approximately five years and $20 million, with a reported $16 million guaranteed.

The 49ers have until Nov. 17 to sign Crabtree in order for him to play this season. If Crabtree is not signed and he is not traded, he would go back into the April draft.

if he signs i hope that singletary and the team makes him earn his spot on the team. he needs to pay his dues for that little stunt.

i personalized it through footlocker.com i had a bunch of previous store credit plus i used some coupon codes so it came out to around $125 on my part and therest was store credit and a coupon code.

i went ahead and personalized a white willis also since on almost every site i've gone on all the good sizes in personalized 49ers authentics have alreadysold out. i should be getting the white willis in about 3 weeks.

It looks like we have ourselves a new WR. I dont think Crabtree would fly all the way over here to negotiate and walk away without a deal. He'll take thisweek and the bye week as learning weeks and he'll play (very minimal) against HOU is my hunch.

we better stick to our guns and offer him that 10th slot money. he should already be losing pay through game checks anyhow.

even with crabtree and his agent returning to the bay area, McCloughan hasn't been informed about any meeting between the two...

..sooo take it for what it is i guess.

^$125.

If Crabby signs, throw his #!% on KR and PR and let his #!% get cracked.

[h2]http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/10/mccloughan-says-meeting-has-yet-to-be-scheduled.html[/h2]
[h2]McCloughan says no meeting has been scheduled[/h2]

The whole 49ers-Michael Crabtree saga just took another bizarre twist.

The 49ers do not have a meeting set up with agent Eugene Parker, who is coming into town tonight. Furthermore, the sides did not speak today, 49ers GM Scot McCloughan said as he left the 49ers' offices this evening.

"It's all speculation," McCloughan of the ESPN report that the sides are scheduled to talk about a contract for Michael Crabtree, the No. 10 overall pick.

McCloughan said the club has learned that Parker is coming to the Bay Area through other parties, but nobody with the 49ers has spoken with Parker or Crabtree.

When asked if the 49ers are scheduled to meet with Parker, McCloughan said no. He said a meeting might take place, but the sides have not set up any kind of negotiating session. McCloughan said he has not talked to Crabtree since the impasse began 70 days ago.

The 49ers today released receiver Dobson Collins from the practice squad. When Collins was kept on the practice squad, the 49ers were down two wideouts. Brandon Jones was coming back from a broken shoulder blade and practice-squader Dominique Zeigler had an ankle sprain that kept him from practicing.

Now that both Jones and Zeigler are practicing, the 49ers were able to release Collins and bring in a player at a different position. The 49ers will hold workouts for some practice-squad eligible players tomorrow. They'll likely add one of those players to the eight-man practice squad for Wednesday's work.

roll.gif

Damn I need to get a new Niner jersey, I'm feeling the white Willis jersey. Nice Jersey Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers.

^How's that BS? That article might be just a cover-up. Matt Maiocco is updating his twitter saying how he saw Crabtree today...

Originally Posted by Andrew630

^How's that BS? That article might be just a cover-up. Matt Maiocco is updating his twitter saying how he saw Crabtree today...
that was my reaction to the article bright nikes posted, that article is out of date now though.

Yeah they met, scheduled to meet again Tuesday.

So much !$$%$*% stalling, I bet that foot isn't healed yet ....

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Damn I need to get a new Niner jersey, I'm feeling the white Willis jersey. Nice Jersey Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers.

thanks, if any 49er fans need a home gore authentic from last season i got one in size 50 thats too small for me im trying to get rid of.

i can't wait for my white willis to come, if money is looking good i might try to get a hill or issac bruce authentic somewhere down the line.

Crabtree deal finished; WR to sign six-year deal

Our long, regional nightmare is finally over: Michael Crabtree has a contract. It took most of Tuesday and a good chunk of Wednesday but Crabtree's agent Eugene Parker and 49ers negotiator Paraag Marathe finally worked out a deal. The team's initial offer way back in the summer was a five-year deal with about $16 million guaranteed. Once the two sides got together yesterday afternoon, the sticking point was the length of the deal, according to someone close to the negotiations. The new deal is for six years, something the 49ers insisted upon due to the time Crfabtree already has missed. But Crabtree can make it into a five-year deal with on-field incentives. Playing time early in his career will be key.

Early on Tuesday I had heard that a mystery matchmaker brought the two sides and bridged the considerable gulf that had formed since the contract began 72 days ago on July 28. Who was this mystery man? It turned out to be former rap star MC Hammer, who is an associate of both Deion Sanders' and Parkers'. Hammer, who was born Stanley Burrell, grew up in Oakland. He was a bat boy for the A's in the early 1980s when -- I'm not saying this is the connection, just an interesting coincidence -- 49ers chief operating officer Andy Dolich also worked for the A's. Hammer not only brought the two sides together in the Crabtree standoff, he was a key figure during yesterday's negotiations. You can't make this stuff up, folks ...

WOW WHAT A COINCIDENCE! Niners file tampering charges on the Jets and some time later the Niners sign Crabtree and Jets announce trade for Braylon on thesame day! Im expecting the niners to be compensated for tampering.

When the Niners filed those tampering charges, I said it would be a win / win if you looked at it.

Either niners would get a pick from whichever team tried to talk a contract with him or force Crabtree's hand and make him sign.

Niners had leverage by leading the division making it known that they really didn't need him.

Let's see what this fool has to offer, lets hope he really changes the people he surrounds himself with ... and Deion should really shut his mouth.

The tampering investigation is still going to proceed. I still doubt we get a 1st rounder but I hope I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom